Hillary to Bill: Knock it off on Bosnia

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Alexander Mooney
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton wants her husband to quit talking about her trip to Bosnia in 1996, the former president said Friday.

"Hillary called me and said, "I misstated it, you said I misstated it, but you got to let me handle it because you don't remember it, either.' ... I said, 'Yes, ma'am,' " Bill Clinton said in Terre Haute, Indiana.

The comments follow those he made in Boonville, Indiana, on Thursday, when he strongly defended his wife over the recent coverage surrounding her 1996 Bosnia trip claims, saying the media acted as if she'd "robbed a bank."

"I got tickled the other day, a lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me, but there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up," the former president said at a campaign event.

"You would have thought, you know, that she'd robbed a bank the way they carried on about this," he added. "And some of them, when they're 60, they'll forget something when they're tired at 11 at night, too."

more ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/11/clinton.bosnia/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Bill gets spanked by Hillary.:lol:

Maybe the that's why he had sex with so many other woman.

Because in his own house he was the bitch.

Gunny can you explain to me................a layman, exactly what the clusterfuck in Bosnia was all about????????????:eusa_think:

Besides the horse shit force FED to us.........................:rolleyes:

Gunny can you explain to me................a layman, exactly what the clusterfuck in Bosnia was all about????????????:eusa_think:

Besides the horse shit force FED to us.........................:rolleyes:

Which clusterfuck? The war itself, or Hillary's statement?

Hillary made a statement to the effect she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire. The media quickly clamoured to Obama's defense and produced a video with a smiling Hillary nonchalantly mosying on across the tarmac. She claimed she misspoke.

Depending on which side of the argument you want to be on ... there WERE snipers reported in the vicinity of and/or at the airport and there WAS a threat of sniperfire although, none had been reported since the prior day.

IMO, if there are snipers around and active and you land there, you land under the threat of sniperfire. It only requires the tickle of a trigger to make shit happen.

The war itself was the result of a situation not unlike Iraq. When the ruthless dictator (Tito) that kept the ethnic factions from warring with each other dies, the unity of Yugoslavia dissolved into the separate ethnic factions all vying for control.

The UN intervened and the US provided the majority of the air power.

Which clusterfuck? The war itself, or Hillary's statement?

Hillary made a statement to the effect she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire. The media quickly clamoured to Obama's defense and produced a video with a smiling Hillary nonchalantly mosying on across the tarmac. She claimed she misspoke.

Depending on which side of the argument you want to be on ... there WERE snipers reported in the vicinity of and/or at the airport and there WAS a threat of sniperfire although, none had been reported since the prior day.

IMO, if there are snipers around and active and you land there, you land under the threat of sniperfire. It only requires the tickle of a trigger to make shit happen.

The war itself was the result of a situation not unlike Iraq. When the ruthless dictator (Tito) that kept the ethnic factions from warring with each other dies, the unity of Yugoslavia dissolved into the separate ethnic factions all vying for control.

The UN intervened and the US provided the majority of the air power.

The war itself...................hyeah some snipers................THEY MISSED!!!!!!:eusa_doh:

What did we create in reality but fractured anarchy..................:eusa_think:

Didn't she also say she had to run for cover with her head ducked down, or something to that extent, inferring actual sniper fire taking place?

The war itself...................hyeah some snipers................THEY MISSED!!!!!!:eusa_doh:

What did we create in reality but fractured anarchy..................:eusa_think:

"We" didn't create anything. The current state of the countries that once formed Yugoslavia (I think there are now 4 and could name maybe 2) is a UN brokered "solution."

It really didn't affect me much. Europe has traditionally been the balliwick of the Army and Air Force and if any Marines were deployed there they would have been pilots on one of the carriers.

In all fairness, there were some genocidal attrocities being carried out that needed to be stopped.

Too bad Sudan's not in Europe. Maybe someone would give a shit about them if it was.

Didn't she also say she had to run for cover with her head ducked down, or something to that extent, inferring actual sniper fire taking place?

She did say something to that effect -- having to duck and run; however, I did not read any implication that actual sniperfire was taking place.

In that, one has to be smarter than what's being said. No f-ing way does the Secret Service so much as let that plane touch the ground with active sniperfire taking place, and damned-sure they aren't letting the wife and child of the President of the US get off that plane under such circumstances.

The bottom line here is, like her or not, she DOES have WAY more experience in foreign relations than Obama. Bill appointed her Special Whoopie-Do Ambassador of somthing or another and she flew all over the world at taxpayers' expense for 8 years.

A fact which annoyed me greatly at the time, but credit where it is due, a fact nonetheless.

No f-ing way does the Secret Service so much as let that plane touch the ground with active sniperfire taking place, and damned-sure they aren't letting the wife and child of the President of the US get off that plane under such circumstances.

Right, which is why I question the whole supposed situation to begin with.

If she's running off with her head ducked down, there is either actual sniper fire taking place, or the threat of its immediate possibility. That being the case, I don't see why her plane was ever allowed to land, let alone her walk out of it.

Than again, I'm still baffled at how Bush was not whisked away from the Florida classroom on 9/11, considering the unbelievable confusion of where each threat was or might be, and his publicly known location.

Bill gets spanked by Hillary.:lol:

All that this tells me is that he is trying to help his wife out and his wife is saying thanks but I’d like to handle it myself. :confused: Good for them. I don’t see a problem or where Bill and/or Hillary could be criticized for this. What is the issue? It reminds me of my relationship with my wife. My wife spilled some coffee. I want to help her clean it up. She said that she would take care of it. Okay. Big deal. Bill was not spanked.

All that this tells me is that he is trying to help his wife out and his wife is saying thanks but I’d like to handle it myself. :confused: Good for them. I don’t see a problem or where Bill and/or Hillary could be criticized for this. What is the issue? It reminds me of my relationship with my wife. My wife spilled some coffee. I want to help her clean it up. She said that she would take care of it. Okay. Big deal. Bill was not spanked.

I believe she probably shoulda spanked it/him a bit more often don'tchaknow............................just to keep the "dawg on the porch"................and under control, even if it's a mystery to him how to actually create puppies.......................:eusa_doh: :eusa_drool: :eusa_think: :rolleyes:

Right, which is why I question the whole supposed situation to begin with.

If she's running off with her head ducked down, there is either actual sniper fire taking place, or the threat of its immediate possibility. That being the case, I don't see why her plane was ever allowed to land, let alone her walk out of it.

Than again, I'm still baffled at how Bush was not whisked away from the Florida classroom on 9/11, considering the unbelievable confusion of where each threat was or might be, and his publicly known location.

The threat of sniperfire existed. That has been established. There was no active sniperfire when she landed. Of course, you have to bear in mind that it only takes a split second and one shot to change THAT.

It didn't happen.

As far as Bush's actions on 9/11, critics tend to believe the US government is capable of reacting FAR quicker than it actually can. Having been a part of that process at the military level for 20 years -- and didn't you say you were in the Air Force? -- I tend to get quite a laugh at people who think there's going to be this immediate, split second response to an attack.

What we are actually capable of is what we got. We picked up the pieces, decided who did it, got our shit together and retaliated. That's as good as we've ever been.

No one knows for sure what exactly Bush was told except Bush and the person who told him. He probably got some half-assed report that someone flew a plane into the WTC. With an uncorroborated report, does he pull a Clark Kent, stand up and jump into a phone booth with a "Sorry kids."? What could he possibly have done in that 15 extra minutes he took that would change anything?

Once it was clear we were under attack, his comings and goings were out of his hands anyway. The Secret Service takes over and he goes where they direct -- usually one of several pre-planned routes to a pre-planned destination.

IMO, people overlook the obvious sometimes because their minds just can't accept the simple answer. Think about it. Bush isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He probably sat there impressing those children with his eloquent speaking ability while thinking "Oh shit ... NOW what do I do?":badgrin:

The threat of sniperfire existed. That has been established. There was no active sniperfire when she landed. Of course, you have to bear in mind that it only takes a split second and one shot to change THAT.

It didn't happen.

As far as Bush's actions on 9/11, critics tend to believe the US government is capable of reacting FAR quicker than it actually can. Having been a part of that process at the military level for 20 years -- and didn't you say you were in the Air Force? -- I tend to get quite a laugh at people who think there's going to be this immediate, split second response to an attack.

What we are actually capable of is what we got. We picked up the pieces, decided who did it, got our shit together and retaliated. That's as good as we've ever been.

No one knows for sure what exactly Bush was told except Bush and the person who told him. He probably got some half-assed report that someone flew a plane into the WTC. With an uncorroborated report, does he pull a Clark Kent, stand up and jump into a phone booth with a "Sorry kids."? What could he possibly have done in that 15 extra minutes he took that would change anything?

Once it was clear we were under attack, his comings and goings were out of his hands anyway. The Secret Service takes over and he goes where they direct -- usually one of several pre-planned routes to a pre-planned destination.

IMO, people overlook the obvious sometimes because their minds just can't accept the simple answer. Think about it. Bush isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He probably sat there impressing those children with his eloquent speaking ability while thinking "Oh shit ... NOW what do I do?":badgrin:

After the second plane hit, and Card whispered sweet nothings into his ear, at that point I'd expect the SS to get the POTUS to a secure location. Whether it be in a bullet proof car, the closest military installation, what have you.

In no way would I ever expect the POTUS to continue sitting there having story time with a bunch of kids. His location was publicly known, so not only was he at risk at that point, so were the children in his presence. Cheney was IMMEDIATELY whisked to the WH bunker. This all being said, why would I expect anything less for Bush?

After the second plane hit, and Card whispered sweet nothings into his ear, at that point I'd expect the SS to get the POTUS to a secure location. Whether it be in a bullet proof car, the closest military installation, what have you.

In no way would I ever expect the POTUS to continue sitting there having story time with a bunch of kids. His location was publicly known, so not only was he at risk at that point, so were the children in his presence. Cheney was IMMEDIATELY whisked to the WH bunker. This all being said, why would I expect anything less for Bush?

Only Bush and the Secret Service agents there at the time know for sure what transpired between them, and or why the decision to finish at the school was made.

The threat of sniperfire was real when Hillary landed in Bosnia; yet, she still landed and did whatever it was she did there.

I don't the mechanisms behind the security details for either the President nor First Lady, ad/or what they consider acceptable and unacceptable risk.

Only Bush and the Secret Service agents there at the time know for sure what transpired between them, and or why the decision to finish at the school was made.

The threat of sniperfire was real when Hillary landed in Bosnia; yet, she still landed and did whatever it was she did there.

I don't the mechanisms behind the security details for either the President nor First Lady, ad/or what they consider acceptable and unacceptable risk.

Well, I would think that in a time of threat to the nation's security, the number one priority for the SS is securing the president. I mean, they don't follow him around and clear immediate surrounding areas before his arrivals in public for nothing.

Us having been in the military wouldn't make any difference in our knowledge of the SS S.O.P. I was never trained on that, as it had nothing to do with what I did in the military.

Anyway though, that's off topic, so I digress.

Forum List

Back