Hillary Takes On New Role - Wants To Change Religion

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Hillary may claim the bible was her greatest influence - Hillary claims the Bible is her biggest influence US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - but now, she wants to change it.

NEW YORK — Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton took a feminist tone on Thursday. She told attendees at the sixth annual Women in The World Summit that “deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed” for the sake of giving women access to “reproductive health care and safe childbirth.”

“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper,” Clinton said.

“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-24_14-22-50.png
    upload_2015-4-24_14-22-50.png
    1,006 bytes · Views: 125
Last edited:
Risky politics.

I don't know if Hillary is playing on the large number of 'sexual atheists' among christians, or planning to commit political hari kari in front of Christian America.

It is difficult to change a persons religious beliefs--why not ask them to change their personality as well?

Hillary may claim the bible was her greatest influence - Hillary claims the Bible is her biggest influence US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - but now, she wants to change it.

NEW YORK — Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton took a feminist tone on Thursday. She told attendees at the sixth annual Women in The World Summit that “deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed” for the sake of giving women access to “reproductive health care and safe childbirth.”

“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper,” Clinton said.

“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”
Obvious campaign rhetoric, nothing more. We hear this silvered tongued BS every single election cycle. But, what's worse, is that people actually believe what candidates say and promise. Go figure.

So, she does not want to change religious beliefs--good.

Any good politician knows you have to play with the voters religious beliefs, not challenge them!!

Why did I do that?

Compare what H. Clinton read to what S. Palin read?

Why? Why/ Why?

Interesting to note that when I went to read the text of Hillary's speech, I found 7 instances.

NOT A SINGLE ONE contained the words in question. Nor did the edited videos.

Wonder why.

Maybe she's a Jeffersonian after all...

"Although I do not, with some enthusiasts, believe that the human condition will ever advance to such a state of perfection as that there shall no longer be pain or vice in the world, yet I believe it susceptible of much improvement, and most of all, in matters of government and religion; and that the diffusion of knowledge among the people is to be the instrument by which it is to be effected."
-- Thomas Jefferson; from letter to P. S. Dupont de Nemours (April 24, 1816)

:blahblah:She can run off at the mouth all she wants, but cant do a damn thing about anyone's religion.

Neither can any of the others on capital hill or on USMB. :muahaha:

Forum List

Back