Hillary Rodham should be President.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrbitterness, Dec 26, 2003.

?

Who would win the next presidential election race?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2004.
  1. Howard Dean

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Weasley Clark

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Al Gore

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. George Bush

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  5. John Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mrbitterness

mrbitterness Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    She's not saying anything.

And perhaps she likes to keep us in suspense.

But someday, one day after she decides that being a Senator is not challenging enough for her, she might take part in the election campaign.

Afterall, she's the former first lady. Afterall, she represents all the women in the United States.

Even if she loses to Howard Dean or Weasley Clark, it doesn't really affect her emotional well-being. As long as she believes that someday she could prove to Bill Clinton that she can do his old job better than him.

2. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I just have to ask...is the fact that you spelled Gen. Clark's first name Weasley a simple spelling error, or a freudian slip?:p:

acludem

3. injury

injury Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I imagine she will run in 2008.

I would wonder what losing an election would due to her self image.

"Afterall, she represents all the women in the United States"
    Thats humerous, if for no other reason than every woman I know would love to claw her eyes out.

4. X.P. Alidocious

X.P. Alidocious Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hillary doesn't represent me any more than Weasley Clark does ;).

5. mrbitterness

mrbitterness Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, do enlighten me.I don't get it.

6. mrbitterness

mrbitterness Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Why is this so? I'm curious.

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Remember the argument about polls last month?

Is it safe for me to say now that 9 out of 10 Americans will vote for Bush?

8. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Al Sharpton would have better chances than Hillary! haha! She would NEVER get my vote!

9. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The most interesting thing about the 2004 election is/will be the battle for control of the Democratic Party.

My assessment:

Given the handling of national security issues and the improving economy, Bush will win with 60%+ of the popular vote, and will take at least 44 states in electoral votes.

Bill, Hillary and their horrid little lap dog Terry McAwful are doing everything they can to ensure that Dean will lose. I suspect at this point, they have pretty much accepted that Dean will win the nomination; their annointed one, Clark, has proven to be a flash in the pan.

So the real struggle is for control of the DNC. The character assisinations against Dean are not coming from the GOP - they are being lobbed by other Dems. The other Dems would love to co-opt Dean's rather impressive grassroots money raising apparatus. Hillary also has the agenda of not wanting a Dem to win in 2004, unless it is her. It would be difficult for her to run against an incumbent Dem.

10. americangirl024

americangirl024 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, where does the "representative of American women" come from? And I'd really like if someone could answer this question for me: why is Wesley Clark seen as the Clinton answer to Howard Dean? Howard Dean is very similar politically to Bill Clinton. I don't understand why Bill and Hillary would back someone like Clark, when his record is far more conservative than Bill's ever was. Not to mention the fact that Clark is an army general (do the words "draft dodger" ring any bells?). Another thing: why are all the democrats of this country trying their best to make sure that Howard Dean loses the nomination. He is the ONLY Democrat who could hope to defeat Bush in the fall. If someone could enlighten me on these issues, i'd be grateful.