Hillary Qualified

Give it a shot....we both know you're befuddled. She doesn't have any, anyone paying attention knows this.

Start paying attention and don't waste your vote

speaking of paying attention...........

A tough and pragmatic leader, outspoken advocate for
clinton_hillary01.jpg
social justice and women's rights, and resilient and intelligent politician, Hillary Rodham Clinton has achieved many "firsts" in her roles as First Lady of the United States, U.S. Senator, presidential candidate, and Secretary of State. As she put it in her 2003 memoir Living History, "My mother and my grandmothers could never have lived my life; my father and my grandfathers could never have imagined it. But they bestowed on me the promise of America, which made my life and my choices possible."

Coming of Political Age in the 1960s

Through her teenage years, Hillary mirrored her father's political leanings. At 13, she canvassed the South Side of Chicago after Richard Nixon's defeat by John F. Kennedy, and she volunteered for Barry Goldwater's campaign in 1964. In 1965, she enrolled as a political science major at Wellesley College, where she became the president of the Young Republicans Club her freshman year.

But the tumultuous years of the 1960s opened Hillary's mind to new political perspectives. After hearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. speak in 1962, Hillary began to develop strong opinions about civil rights, social justice, and the Vietnam War. By 1968, she was exploring the political landscape and working for politicians of both parties.
clinton_hillary02.jpg
She supported Eugene McCarthy's (D-Minn) presidential campaign, served as a summer intern for the House Republican Conference (attending the Republican National Convention as a volunteer to draft Nelson Rockefeller), and witnessed the protests at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago. Before the end of that year, she decided to leave the Republican Party -- or as she later put it, "it left her."

Pragmatic Activist

As president of the student government at Wellesley, Hillary became an activist committed to working within the system. Seeking to ward off violence in the wake of King's assassination, she helped organize a disciplined two-day strike on campus and worked as a liaison to channel constructive dialogue and meaningful action. Her commencement address garnered national attention in Life magazine.

As a student at Yale Law School, Hillary continued to pursue her interests in social justice, children and families, and politics. She was on the board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action, worked at the Yale Child Study Center, took on cases of child abuse, volunteered at New Haven Legal Services, and researched the problems of migrant workers for Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migrant Labor. In her post-graduate year, she continued her work studying children and medicine and served as staff attorney for the Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

A Force of Nature

In the spring of 1971, Hillary introduced herself to Bill Clinton, whom she had seen around the Yale campus. Bill had "a vitality that seemed to shoot out of his pores," (Living History, 52) she reflected. They shared a common interest in social justice and politics, and began what would be a lifelong relationship.

In 1974, when Bill returned to Arkansas to pursue his political career, Hillary moved to Washington to work as a member of the impeachment inquiry staff advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate investigation. When President Richard Nixon resigned later that year, it brought Hillary's job to an end, and she made the life-defining decision to move to Fayetteville, Arkansas to be with Bill. The next year they wed in a small ceremony at their home.

Career Woman, Mother, and First Lady of Arkansas

Hillary started out as a faculty member at the University of Arkansas Law School, where Bill was teaching when he ran unsuccessfully for Congress. In 1976, Bill won his first elected position as Attorney General of Arkansas and the couple moved to the capital city of Little Rock. There, Hillary began working at the well-established and politically connected Rose Law Firm, where, within a few years, she became the first woman to be named a full partner. She served on the boards of several non-profit organizations and large corporations,
clinton_hillary05.jpg
including as the first female board member of Wal-Mart, and was the primary breadwinner for the Clinton family. She also continued working on behalf of families, co-founding Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families in 1977, and on political campaigns, serving as Jimmy Carter's Indiana director of field operations in 1976.

Reforms in Arkansas

Hillary played an unusually prominent role as Arkansas' first lady during Bill's total of five terms as governor (1979-81 and 1983-92). She chaired the Rural Health Advisory Committee, working to expand medical facilities for the poor, and she achieved hard-fought reforms in public education as chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee. In 1983 she was recognized as Arkansas Woman of the Year, and Arkansas Young Mother of the Year in 1984; in 1988 and '91 she earned a spot on the National Law Journal's list of the 100 most influential lawyers in America. Her work on education also helped the public consider Bill as the "education governor," and helped raise his national profile.

Back to Washington and Hard Lessons

In 1993, when Bill was elected America's 42nd president, the couple moved back to Washington. Hillary was the first First Lady to have a postgraduate degree, her own professional career, and her own office in the West Wing of the White House. And she was the first since Eleanor Roosevelt to take on a prominent role in policy-making. Her high profile in the administration again made her a target for political opposition.

the list goes on and on...

Hillary Rodham Clinton . Clinton . WGBH American Experience PBS

Give it a shot....we both know you're befuddled. She doesn't have any, anyone paying attention knows this.

Start paying attention and don't waste your vote

speaking of paying attention...........

A tough and pragmatic leader, outspoken advocate for
clinton_hillary01.jpg
social justice and women's rights, and resilient and intelligent politician, Hillary Rodham Clinton has achieved many "firsts" in her roles as First Lady of the United States, U.S. Senator, presidential candidate, and Secretary of State. As she put it in her 2003 memoir Living History, "My mother and my grandmothers could never have lived my life; my father and my grandfathers could never have imagined it. But they bestowed on me the promise of America, which made my life and my choices possible."

Coming of Political Age in the 1960s

Through her teenage years, Hillary mirrored her father's political leanings. At 13, she canvassed the South Side of Chicago after Richard Nixon's defeat by John F. Kennedy, and she volunteered for Barry Goldwater's campaign in 1964. In 1965, she enrolled as a political science major at Wellesley College, where she became the president of the Young Republicans Club her freshman year.

But the tumultuous years of the 1960s opened Hillary's mind to new political perspectives. After hearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. speak in 1962, Hillary began to develop strong opinions about civil rights, social justice, and the Vietnam War. By 1968, she was exploring the political landscape and working for politicians of both parties.
clinton_hillary02.jpg
She supported Eugene McCarthy's (D-Minn) presidential campaign, served as a summer intern for the House Republican Conference (attending the Republican National Convention as a volunteer to draft Nelson Rockefeller), and witnessed the protests at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago. Before the end of that year, she decided to leave the Republican Party -- or as she later put it, "it left her."

Pragmatic Activist

As president of the student government at Wellesley, Hillary became an activist committed to working within the system. Seeking to ward off violence in the wake of King's assassination, she helped organize a disciplined two-day strike on campus and worked as a liaison to channel constructive dialogue and meaningful action. Her commencement address garnered national attention in Life magazine.

As a student at Yale Law School, Hillary continued to pursue her interests in social justice, children and families, and politics. She was on the board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action, worked at the Yale Child Study Center, took on cases of child abuse, volunteered at New Haven Legal Services, and researched the problems of migrant workers for Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migrant Labor. In her post-graduate year, she continued her work studying children and medicine and served as staff attorney for the Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

A Force of Nature

In the spring of 1971, Hillary introduced herself to Bill Clinton, whom she had seen around the Yale campus. Bill had "a vitality that seemed to shoot out of his pores," (Living History, 52) she reflected. They shared a common interest in social justice and politics, and began what would be a lifelong relationship.

In 1974, when Bill returned to Arkansas to pursue his political career, Hillary moved to Washington to work as a member of the impeachment inquiry staff advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate investigation. When President Richard Nixon resigned later that year, it brought Hillary's job to an end, and she made the life-defining decision to move to Fayetteville, Arkansas to be with Bill. The next year they wed in a small ceremony at their home.

Career Woman, Mother, and First Lady of Arkansas

Hillary started out as a faculty member at the University of Arkansas Law School, where Bill was teaching when he ran unsuccessfully for Congress. In 1976, Bill won his first elected position as Attorney General of Arkansas and the couple moved to the capital city of Little Rock. There, Hillary began working at the well-established and politically connected Rose Law Firm, where, within a few years, she became the first woman to be named a full partner. She served on the boards of several non-profit organizations and large corporations,
clinton_hillary05.jpg
including as the first female board member of Wal-Mart, and was the primary breadwinner for the Clinton family. She also continued working on behalf of families, co-founding Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families in 1977, and on political campaigns, serving as Jimmy Carter's Indiana director of field operations in 1976.

Reforms in Arkansas

Hillary played an unusually prominent role as Arkansas' first lady during Bill's total of five terms as governor (1979-81 and 1983-92). She chaired the Rural Health Advisory Committee, working to expand medical facilities for the poor, and she achieved hard-fought reforms in public education as chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee. In 1983 she was recognized as Arkansas Woman of the Year, and Arkansas Young Mother of the Year in 1984; in 1988 and '91 she earned a spot on the National Law Journal's list of the 100 most influential lawyers in America. Her work on education also helped the public consider Bill as the "education governor," and helped raise his national profile.

Back to Washington and Hard Lessons

In 1993, when Bill was elected America's 42nd president, the couple moved back to Washington. Hillary was the first First Lady to have a postgraduate degree, her own professional career, and her own office in the West Wing of the White House. And she was the first since Eleanor Roosevelt to take on a prominent role in policy-making. Her high profile in the administration again made her a target for political opposition.

the list goes on and on...

Hillary Rodham Clinton . Clinton . WGBH American Experience PBS

Nary an accomplishment listed.....just stop already. If she had any they would be all over the media and they are not and you fools look foolish posting this nonsense

So far there isn't a loon on this board who has offered up an accomplishment by the Hildabeast, not one

not one?? woweee

well then, of course that must mean..gasp! Hillary hasn't accomplished ANYthing at all !!!

or does it...........?
:rolleyes:

wellesley_speechhr.jpg

1962 April 15 — Goes with church youth group to Chicago to hear Rev. Martin Luther King. Hillary’s minister, Don Jones, takes Hillary and others backstage where she meets Rev. King.

1964 — In the fall goes door-to-door for conservative presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

1965 — Graduates from Maine South High School in Park Ridge, IL.

1965 — Attends Wellesley College, an all-female college outside of Boston, and majors in political science and psychology. Elected president of the campus Republican Club.

1968 — Hilary watches on television as the Democratic Convention in Chicago disintegrates into chaos when thousands of anti-war protesters are attacked with tear gas and billy clubs. Rev. Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy assassinated. Protests grow against Vietnam War.

1969 May — Graduates from Wellesley College and becomes the first student to address the graduating class at commencement. Her criticism of the “official” speaker, Republican Senator Edward Brooke of Massachusetts, landed an excerpt of her speech and her picture in Life magazine.

1969 — Attends Yale Law School In New Haven, Connecticut.

1970 Spring — Moves into small house with fellow Yale University Law student Bill Clinton.

1970 Summer — Works at Children’s Defense Fund.

1971 Summer — Works on migrant problems for Sen. Walter Mondale subcommittee.

1972 — Works on Sen. George McGovern’s presidential campaign.

1973 May — Receives Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School, where she served on the editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action. During her second year, she worked at the Yale Child Study Center.

1974 — Appointed to Staff of House Judiciary Committee during Watergate. Teaches at Univ. of Ark. Law School.

1975 October 11 — Hillary and Bill Clinton are married by Methodist minister Vic Nixon in a house Bill Clinton bought in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

1976 — Joins the Rose Law Firm. Bill Clinton elected Attorney General of Arkansas.

1977 — President Jimmy Carter appoints Hillary to the board of the Legal Services Corporation.

1978 — Appointed to board of the Legal Services Corp. Bill Clinton elected Governor of Arkansas.

1979 — Made full partner of the Rose Law Firm.

1980 February 27 — Daughter Chelsea Victoria born by caesarean at Baptist Medical Center in Little Rock.

1980 — Bill Clinton defeated in re-election bid.

1982 — Bill Clinton again elected Governor.

1983 — Bill Clinton appoints Hillary head of the Arkansas Education Standards Committee.

1991 October 3 — Bill Clinton announces he is running for president.

1992 — While campaigning in Chicago she defends her work for Bill’s presidential campaign by saying, “I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas.”

1992 — Bill Clinton elected president with 43% of the vote.

1993 January 20 — Bill Clinton sworn in and Hillary becomes First Lady.

1993 January 25 — Bill Clinton names Hillary chair of health care task force.

1993 January — The Hillary Clinton Quarterly publishes its first issue. Hillary is the first First Lady to have her own national publication.

1996 January 18 — It Takes a Village: And Other Lessons Our Children Teach Us is published.

2000 — Elected to the U.S. Senate from New York def. Rep. Rick Lazio by 55% to 43%.

2001-2009 — As New York senator sponsored 363 bills between Jan 22, 2001. and Jan 14, 2009 of which 324 did not make it out of committee; 11 were successfully enacted. Hillary co-sponsored 1,530 bills during the same time period.

2002 October 11 — Votes “Yes” on U.S. Senate Iraq War Resolution

2003 June 9 — Living History is published.

2006 November 7 — Re-elected to US Senate from New York.

2009 January 29 — Nominated by Barack Obama to be the 67th U.S. Secretary of State.

Hillary Clinton biographical timeline. - Hillary Clinton Quarterly Hillary Clinton Quarterly

pretty terrible analogy
Was it funny... or not?
No.

It had a flawed premise.

Hillary has been an elected Senator and also was a Secretary of State.

Has Brett Favre's wife ever even TOUCHED a football?

They both have something in common, both allow their husband's to have "community dick."
Well, not everyone can take a joke. But, you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it................... Hey, have another cup of coffee and see if you can find a piece on this forum more to your liking........ which I'm sure that you can, with no problem......... In the future, I'll try to keep jokes to myself. It was my bad, please excuse me.
Except the premise of the joke is to deny any relevant experience in life that Hillary has, yet she has experience..Mrs. Favre on the other hand has never been a football player..get it..The joke became disjunctive at the moment it tried to assert the slight....
Thanks

pretty terrible analogy
Was it funny... or not?
No.

It had a flawed premise.

Hillary has been an elected Senator and also was a Secretary of State.

Has Brett Favre's wife ever even TOUCHED a football?

They both have something in common, both allow their husband's to have "community dick."
Well, not everyone can take a joke. But, you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it................... Hey, have another cup of coffee and see if you can find a piece on this forum more to your liking........ which I'm sure that you can, with no problem......... In the future, I'll try to keep jokes to myself. It was my bad, please excuse me.
Im not offended by any joke, ever.

I am offended by the lack of wit it takes to write a jokes thats basis is completely non existant.

The jokes entire concept lies on both women getting a job having had no experience in their respective fields but only b.c. of who their husbands are.

That Hillary has vast political experience makes the joke a fat fuck of a fail, in terms of fail in general.
Well folks ......... there you have it ................. the joke failed ...... our expert has stated so .......... that certainly means that it was a poor example of a joke, of bad taste, and void of humor ................ OK ........ now we can go about our daily affairs ....... and be damn serious about it ........ too !! ................ You people be sure to check with the USMB membership before posting jokes...................... ( I do apologize for posting the joke, my bad ........ I will refrain from such in the future ........ and will consider this a learning experience )

2001-2009 — As New York senator sponsored 363 bills between Jan 22, 2001. and Jan 14, 2009 of which 324 did not make it out of committee; 11 were successfully enacted. Hillary co-sponsored 1,530 bills during the same time period.

11 of 363- a 3% success rate.

And this amounts to what? I can flip the light switch on in a room, does that make it an accomplishment? You're flailing.

And this amounts to what? I can flip the light switch on in a room, does that make it an accomplishment? You're flailing.

As I recall Cruz has a zero percent success rate.

it's not hillary's fault that turning on light switches is all you've ever accomplished. :itsok:

Goddamn libs is a near 70 year old Clinton with 3 tons of baggage really the only candidate you people can muster?

d3e2869bbbe60bfdb95a36ae93a503d3

mmmm no, the 73 year old independent, self-described democratic socialist, Vermont senator Bernie Sanders says he is seeking the 2016 Democratic nomination for president. He made the announcement on Thursday 30 April in an email sent to supporters. :lmao:

Nobody who pays attention would question Mrs. Rodham-Clinton's experience.

She has the most experience of any person, male or female, in surviving having been thrown under the Great Democrat Bus. How could anyone doubt she'll do it again for 2016 with such grace and elan that any hispanic onlookers will award her both ears and the tail - though NOT the nomination.

Goddamn libs is a near 70 year old Clinton with 3 tons of baggage really the only candidate you people can muster?

d3e2869bbbe60bfdb95a36ae93a503d3

mmmm no, the 73 year old independent, self-described democratic socialist, Vermont senator Bernie Sanders says he is seeking the 2016 Democratic nomination for president. He made the announcement on Thursday 30 April in an email sent to supporters. :lmao:

Sanders is probably the most honest candidate amongst everyone running bar none.

If he is on the ballot in 2016 I will seriously consider voting for him.

Perhaps the OP should examine the "qualifications" previous occupants of the WH before using this puerile argument.

Nixon never ran a "city, county or state". Neither did JFK or LBJ.

Doesn't take long to find the flaws in the OP.
Gee, you must think Hillary's really qualified. They never ran a whorehouse either!

You need to take up that argument with the OP since that is who is defining the "qualifications".

List her accomplishments...I mean accomplishments that actually produced something that helped this nation.

To my knowledge base she never read "My Pet Goat" during an attack on New York City; never invaded and occupied a foreign nation leading to the loss of life by over four thousand, five hundred plus members of our military, never lead the nation into the greatest economic collapse since 1929 and never expanded the size of government buy establishing Homeland Security, guarding corn in Iowa and sand in Utah.

She has served in the Senate, served at First Lady of the US and served as Sect. of State; he has graduated from college, law school and raised a child.

Now, let's compare her accomplishments to those of Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Donald Trump and the other clowns in the bus leading to Nov 2016.

Interesting question about what Mrs. Rodham-Clinton might have been reading during the Islamic Terrorist Attack on America. Does anyone think she might remember? Does anybody even think she might remember Muslims attacked America? Does anybody think she'd care if she remembered?

Let's see...

If running a "foundation" that's on the charity watch lists for actually giving 10% of the money raised to the groups that are trying to improve the lives of people, while staying one step ahead of indictments that can send her to prison for selling out our national interests, counts as a "qualification", Hillary is one of the most "qualified" people in history.

Forum List

Back