Hillary outpolling Obama

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Washington - At the 100-day mark last week, Hillary Clinton could finally say she beat Barack Obama.

The most recent polls show Clinton with a whopping job approval rating of 71% as secretary of state, while the new President topped out at 65%.

Even among Hillary admirers, that lofty rating is a bit of a stunner, given her past reputation as one of the most polarizing figures on the American scene.

"She's acting like a statesman and diplomat and representing her President instead of herself," said a prominent Democrat. "She hasn't gone off on her own as many predicted. It's been very rehabilitating for her image."

Continued

Washington - At the 100-day mark last week, Hillary Clinton could finally say she beat Barack Obama.

The most recent polls show Clinton with a whopping job approval rating of 71% as secretary of state, while the new President topped out at 65%.

Even among Hillary admirers, that lofty rating is a bit of a stunner, given her past reputation as one of the most polarizing figures on the American scene.

"She's acting like a statesman and diplomat and representing her President instead of herself," said a prominent Democrat. "She hasn't gone off on her own as many predicted. It's been very rehabilitating for her image."

Continued
When I first read this I thought: "Who cares?" But then I remembered there is talk of replacing "Slow" Joe Biden on the 2012 Dem ticket. Perhaps this is a buildup to it?

But Clinton gave herself a pat on the back for her initial efforts in a 13-page "100 Day Report" put out by State, noting her visits to 18 countries and meetings with 150 foreign leaders while logging more than 71,000 air miles since taking office.

In the report, Clinton pledged a high-profile focus on "tackling crises" around the world and a new emphasis on humility - not a trait normally associated with a former presidential candidate.

Read more: "President Barack Obama can't top Hillary Clinton in job approval rating" - President Barack Obama can't top Hillary Clinton in job approval rating

But Clinton gave herself a pat on the back for her initial efforts in a 13-page "100 Day Report" put out by State, noting her visits to 18 countries and meetings with 150 foreign leaders while logging more than 71,000 air miles since taking office.

In the report, Clinton pledged a high-profile focus on "tackling crises" around the world and a new emphasis on humility - not a trait normally associated with a former presidential candidate.

LOL! Back patting, followed by an emphasis on humility.... Gotta love how Bill is laying low now though.... <chuckle>

Continued
When I first read this I thought: "Who cares?" But then I remembered there is talk of replacing "Slow" Joe Biden on the 2012 Dem ticket. Perhaps this is a buildup to it?

Makes you wonder why he didn't just "go with it" (her) in the first place....

He didn't want to be outshone by his Vice President. Instead, he's being outshone by his Secretary of State. Plus, he had to get Clinton out of the Senate so there would not be any prominent politicians to oppose the crazy spending.

Maybe instead of replacing Biden on the 2012 ticket, they should replace Obama and put the right person in charge. :eusa_whistle:

Continued

Not sure why this should come as a surprise to anyone. She won the popular vote. The peoples' voice was discounted by the superdelegates.

EGO - the two do not care for one another. Bill Clinton was seething over the race card issue during the primary. The position as Secretary of State was a deal struck between the two camps.

It keeps Hillary out of town a lot - so Bill is cool with it...

EGO - the two do not care for one another. Bill Clinton was seething over the race card issue during the primary. The position as Secretary of State was a deal struck between the two camps.

It also keeps her viable as a political commodity instead of her sitting home and being portrayed as the bitter loser by the media. A good strategy if being a viable political commodity is more important than integrity. But then, we ARE talking about politicians.

He didn't want to be outshone by his Vice President. Instead, he's being outshone by his Secretary of State. Plus, he had to get Clinton out of the Senate so there would not be any prominent politicians to oppose the crazy spending.

Maybe instead of replacing Biden on the 2012 ticket, they should replace Obama and put the right person in charge. :eusa_whistle:

Well I, for one, wasn't of the opinion that she was the right person either -- from the Dems standpoint that is. But I have to say, watching the drama of their primary season was better than anything else on TV!

Continued

Not sure why this should come as a surprise to anyone. She won the popular vote. The peoples' voice was discounted by the superdelegates.

Do they (the Dems) have a skewed way of doing things, or what? Definitely loved all the backpeddling over the FL and MI delegates, AND the silence of so many of the supers for so long, claiming they wanted to be sure how their district wanted them to vote.

Continued

any talk of who would replace "FDR on TV in 1929" Biden?

LOL! I'm sure he is....

As for Barack and Hillary not being "best buds", it shows a lack of judgment, wouldn't you say? To let "personal issues" get in the way of such an important decision?

Well I, for one, wasn't of the opinion that she was the right person either -- from the Dems standpoint that is.

Irrelevant. More people voted for Hillary in the primaries. She should be President right now, and we wouldn't be trillions of dollars more in debt.

Hell ... she would have been much better, not perfect, but so much better than Obama.

Forum List

Back