Hillary Jeered At California Convention

red states rule

May 30, 2006
It seems the hard left is not to happy with Hillary these days.

Even in the Blue State of CA, she was not will received. However, Obama was cheered

Hillary's ego is now in the ICU unit

SAN DIEGO -- Over the jeers of some delegates to California Democrats' state convention yesterday who wanted her to take a tougher stand on Iraq, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said America doesn't know "half the damage" President Bush and his administration have done.
Hours later, Sen. Barack Obama, Mrs. Clinton's closest rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, had the crowd chanting in support as he promised to force an end to the war.
For the more than 2,000 delegates here in San Diego, the Iraq war remains the critical issue and a key dividing line as they size up their choices for 2008.
Mrs. Clinton, who repeatedly has blamed the president for misleading her into voting in 2002 for the resolution that authorized the war, said this week's four-year anniversary of Mr. Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech on the USS Abraham Lincoln is a reminder of "one of the darkest blots" on American leadership.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070429-122213-9552r.htm

if the far left is jeering Hillary, the middle is loving her.... and, as we all learned in civics class, the middle is where all the FUCKING VOTES ARE!

if the far left is jeering Hillary, the middle is loving her.... and, as we all learned in civics class, the middle is where all the FUCKING VOTES ARE!

Do you think she'll get the nomination? And on that, I know you have an electoral college system for the presidential election and it's not one vote one value, but do you think she could possibly win the presidential election? If there is a fear that she mightn't do so, would that fear feed back into the nomination process?

Sorry about the compound questions, I hope it makes sense.

Do you think she'll get the nomination? And on that, I know you have an electoral college system for the presidential election and it's not one vote one value, but do you think she could possibly win the presidential election? If there is a fear that she mightn't do so, would that fear feed back into the nomination process?

Sorry about the compound questions, I hope it makes sense.

I am not sure whether she can get the nomination....there is a long way to go between now and the primaries....momentum can switch back and forth several times between now and then.... I think that whoever can hold and energize a significant portion of their party's base while simultaneously satisfying the middle about their credentials to lead wins. The interesting dynamic at play in '08 is the fact that, given the Iraq war and eight years of Bush, the democratic base will be energized for ANYONE the party nominates. The republicans, however, play an interesting balancing act....they need to try to capture the middle, which means distancing themselves from the failed and grossly unpopular current president, and they also need to hold onto their base, which is, oddly enough, not only hard right, religious, and pro-life, but also pretty much pro-Bush. How does Rudy Guliani, for example (pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control) (1) win the nomination, (2) impress the independents and the middle of the bell curve, and (3) bring the religious right out to vote on election day?

I think Hillary's play seems to be to be tough and run towards the middle even during primary season and bank on a high turnout of moderate democrats on primary day - especially the early primaries - so that she doesn't HAVE to cater to the far left wing of the democratic party and can impress the middle starting now.

I konw of no one in my party with a better chance of pulling that off.

I am not sure whether she can get the nomination....there is a long way to go between now and the primaries....momentum can switch back and forth several times between now and then.... I think that whoever can hold and energize a significant portion of their party's base while simultaneously satisfying the middle about their credentials to lead wins. The interesting dynamic at play in '08 is the fact that, given the Iraq war and eight years of Bush, the democratic base will be energized for ANYONE the party nominates. The republicans, however, play an interesting balancing act....they need to try to capture the middle, which means distancing themselves from the failed and grossly unpopular current president, and they also need to hold onto their base, which is, oddly enough, not only hard right, religious, and pro-life, but also pretty much pro-Bush. How does Rudy Guliani, for example (pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control) (1) win the nomination, (2) impress the independents and the middle of the bell curve, and (3) bring the religious right out to vote on election day?

I think Hillary's play seems to be to be tough and run towards the middle even during primary season and bank on a high turnout of moderate democrats on primary day - especially the early primaries - so that she doesn't HAVE to cater to the far left wing of the democratic party and can impress the middle starting now.

I konw of no one in my party with a better chance of pulling that off.

Well, dang I guess there are no moderate Republicans and no non-Christian Republicans and no pro abortion repubs either...I guess I can assume then that all Dems are anti-Christian, pro abortion and hard left, eh?

that is not what I said...I said that the committed base of the republican party is dominated by the religious right....just like the committed base of the democratic party remains hard core feminists, labor, and anti-war.....

that is not what I said...I said that the committed base of the republican party is dominated by the religious right....just like the committed base of the democratic party remains hard core feminists, labor, and anti-war.....

Oh...I guess I missed the word " committed" in your post...oh wait, the word isn't there! I guess you didn't say that either!

the winner in presidential politics is the candidate who can bring the far fringe of his party's base out to vote en masse while convincing the middle that he/she is presidential. I suggest that Hillary can do that by running to the center NOW, knowing that the far fringe of HER party will STILL come out in greater numbers to support her simply because of eight years of Bush and the Iraq war. Rudy will have a tough time bringing the pro-life pro-gun, pro-Iraq war, anti-gay, pro-Bush fringe of HIS party out in similar numbers.

the winner in presidential politics is the candidate who can bring the far fringe of his party's base out to vote en masse while convincing the middle that he/she is presidential. I suggest that Hillary can do that by running to the center NOW, knowing that the far fringe of HER party will STILL come out in greater numbers to support her simply because of eight years of Bush and the Iraq war. Rudy will have a tough time bringing the pro-life pro-gun, pro-Iraq war, anti-gay, pro-Bush fringe of HIS party out in similar numbers.

Can't say I disagree. However, if there are too many candidates for the Dems, they could sure hamper her run for the office.

Can't say I disagree. However, if there are too many candidates for the Dems, they could sure hamper her run for the office.

I really am unsure as to how that plays out... too many candidates early might very well split the hard core lefties amongst the pack and leave Hillary with the middle ground..... I don't see a Kucinich winning any primaries, for example,but he might help take votes away from Obama.

I really am unsure as to how that plays out... too many candidates early might very well split the hard core lefties amongst the pack and leave Hillary with the middle ground..... I don't see a Kucinich winning any primaries, for example,but he might help take votes away from Obama.

I agree...and Obama might garner a lot of the black vote that would otherwise go to Hillary. I am not sure the middle ground of the Democratic party is enough...but then the extremes always seem more vocal.

I agree...and Obama might garner a lot of the black vote that would otherwise go to Hillary. I am not sure the middle ground of the Democratic party is enough...but then the extremes always seem more vocal.

clearly, the winner in '08 has to capture not only the committed base and fringes of his or her own party, but the middle of the bell curve from both.

I think the dynamic of Hillary - Obama is way too young to predict.

As an aside, My recently deceased Dad...a WWII vet, lifelong democrat, and former Illinois state legislator, went to see Barack speak at an American Legion post in East Moline Illinois during the '02 senate campaign.... very white town..very conservative reagan democrats..... and he said Barack had those legionaires eating out of his hand by the end of the stump speech.... Obama is the real deal.... he is very very smart, very charismatic and he might very well get the big Mo at the right time.

Thats very true.

Let me ask you, do you think she can win?. Cause as u know you're well of, she needs moderate and republican votes if she gets the dem nomination

clearly, the winner in '08 has to capture not only the committed base and fringes of his or her own party, but the middle of the bell curve from both.

I think the dynamic of Hillary - Obama is way too young to predict.

As an aside, My recently deceased Dad...a WWII vet, lifelong democrat, and former Illinois state legislator, went to see Barack speak at an American Legion post in East Moline Illinois during the '02 senate campaign.... very white town..very conservative reagan democrats..... and he said Barack had those legionaires eating out of his hand by the end of the stump speech.... Obama is the real deal.... he is very very smart, very charismatic and he might very well get the big Mo at the right time.

He may be. I haven't started looking at the candidates from either side too closely yet...it's way too early for me to start examining candidates. I'll wait until the mud slinging gets into full swing!!! truth is I hate when the campaigning starts two years out...that is a LOT of baloney being slung for far too long!

Do you think the democrats can win the presidency if they select a far-left candidate?

do you think the republicans can with the presidency if they select a far-right candidate?

Do you think the democrats can win the presidency if they select a far-left candidate?

do you think the republicans can with the presidency if they select a far-right candidate?

no and no

but I do not think the republicans can win if they select a middle of the road candidate either for the reasons delinieated above.

do you know what would be interesting maineman. If every liberal person had to choose atleast one republican candidate they liked, and every conservative person had to choose one democrat candidate they like

Or criticise one thing about your own party

so the lib says, one bad thing about the democrats, and cons had to say one bad things about republicans

Why do i say this?. They do this kind of stuff in debate teams

Interesting thought at least?

Forum List

Back