Hillary Jeered At California Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Apr 29, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    It seems the hard left is not to happy with Hillary these days.

Even in the Blue State of CA, she was not will received. However, Obama was cheered

Hillary's ego is now in the ICU unit

SAN DIEGO -- Over the jeers of some delegates to California Democrats' state convention yesterday who wanted her to take a tougher stand on Iraq, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said America doesn't know "half the damage" President Bush and his administration have done.
    Hours later, Sen. Barack Obama, Mrs. Clinton's closest rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, had the crowd chanting in support as he promised to force an end to the war.
    For the more than 2,000 delegates here in San Diego, the Iraq war remains the critical issue and a key dividing line as they size up their choices for 2008.
    Mrs. Clinton, who repeatedly has blamed the president for misleading her into voting in 2002 for the resolution that authorized the war, said this week's four-year anniversary of Mr. Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech on the USS Abraham Lincoln is a reminder of "one of the darkest blots" on American leadership.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070429-122213-9552r.htm

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    :lol:

They knocked down two wards to expand the ICU ;)

3. myth

myth Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Diuretic...LOVE your Kelly's Heroes photo...!!! You rock!!

4. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    if the far left is jeering Hillary, the middle is loving her.... and, as we all learned in civics class, the middle is where all the FUCKING VOTES ARE!

5. Diuretic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I loved Oddball, what a great anachronism he was :D

6. Diuretic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Do you think she'll get the nomination? And on that, I know you have an electoral college system for the presidential election and it's not one vote one value, but do you think she could possibly win the presidential election? If there is a fear that she mightn't do so, would that fear feed back into the nomination process?

Sorry about the compound questions, I hope it makes sense.

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I am not sure whether she can get the nomination....there is a long way to go between now and the primaries....momentum can switch back and forth several times between now and then.... I think that whoever can hold and energize a significant portion of their party's base while simultaneously satisfying the middle about their credentials to lead wins. The interesting dynamic at play in '08 is the fact that, given the Iraq war and eight years of Bush, the democratic base will be energized for ANYONE the party nominates. The republicans, however, play an interesting balancing act....they need to try to capture the middle, which means distancing themselves from the failed and grossly unpopular current president, and they also need to hold onto their base, which is, oddly enough, not only hard right, religious, and pro-life, but also pretty much pro-Bush. How does Rudy Guliani, for example (pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control) (1) win the nomination, (2) impress the independents and the middle of the bell curve, and (3) bring the religious right out to vote on election day?

I think Hillary's play seems to be to be tough and run towards the middle even during primary season and bank on a high turnout of moderate democrats on primary day - especially the early primaries - so that she doesn't HAVE to cater to the far left wing of the democratic party and can impress the middle starting now.

I konw of no one in my party with a better chance of pulling that off.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

Well, dang I guess there are no moderate Republicans and no non-Christian Republicans and no pro abortion repubs either...I guess I can assume then that all Dems are anti-Christian, pro abortion and hard left, eh?

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    that is not what I said...I said that the committed base of the republican party is dominated by the religious right....just like the committed base of the democratic party remains hard core feminists, labor, and anti-war.....

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Oh...I guess I missed the word " committed" in your post...oh wait, the word isn't there! I guess you didn't say that either!