Hillary Hurts Herself

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
by attacking Obama with untrue accusations. My wife brought home an email that she had received at work about Obama. I wadded the copy up and threw it across the room exclaiming "It's just right wing horseshit."

It appears now that the email was generated by the Clinton Campaign.

I apologise to all right wingers for that unfair remark by me.

Last week, after my wife had delivered the email copy to me, I read where ms. Clinton had fired one of her campaign chiefs for circulating a negative Obama email. A few days ago I listened as a Mr. Penn, another Clinton Campaign Chief almost verbatim repeated some of the contents of that email and was called out by an Edwards campaign spokesman. Yesterday Bob Kerrey of Nebraska repeated again almost verbatim another portion of that email. It is all false and highly offensive to Sen. Obama and to me.

I am not and have never been an Obama supporter other than the support I can give him as a fellow Democrat. I have been a supporter of Sen. Clinton but it appears those days are now over. I cannot abide the personal attacks with the lies that were demonstrated in that email.

I doubt Hillary screens everything, so sorta hard to place that much blame directly on her. Personally I lean more towards Edwards who seems genuinely concerned with the working class in America.

Hillary has been pulling this shit all her political life, including the entire time she was in the white house with her husband.

You think she didn't orchestrate the release of that information? But, as with so much of the really ugly underhanded stuff she pulls, it backfired. So what does she do? Choose a scapegoat, fire him and act all offended that anything like that ever happened...

And still reap the rewards of the damage it has done.

Hillary has been pulling this shit all her political life, including the entire time she was in the white house with her husband.

You think she didn't orchestrate the release of that information? But, as with so much of the really ugly underhanded stuff she pulls, it backfired. So what does she do? Choose a scapegoat, fire him and act all offended that anything like that ever happened...

And still reap the rewards of the damage it has done.

This may be the only time I have ever agreed with you.

This may be the only time I have ever agreed with you.

Meanwhile, while Hillary attempts to play prim and proper, Bill is just slamming the Hell out of Obama.

But for once, I actually agree with Bill. IMO, Obama does not have the experience to be President.

Flip-side: I rarely listen to Rush, but the guy I'm currently working with does. Rush kept going on and on about Bill's comments regarding Obama and kept refering to and emphasizing some alleged racial comments made by Bill. I don't recall hearing anything of the sort in what Bill said. Bad form.

standing guard
By Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President
"Never Forget—Never Again"
For the countless millions of Americans who believe in the true meaning of the Second Amendment—the right to be armed to protect self, family, community, country and our individual liberty—the words "Katrina" and "New Orleans" sharply focus on very real tyranny in our times, on our soil. Throw into those defining words the name Hillary Clinton, and you will see a glimpse of a future she would wish for us all—a civilization utterly transformed.
As you will remember, that Hurricane Katrina/New Orleans tyranny was ordered by a rogue police chief who, in August 2005, issued this unconstitutional edict: "No one will be able to be armed," he declared. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns." And that illegal order—in the midst of a natural disaster that produced unbridled anarchy and placed frightened citizens at the mercy of armed criminal predators—was enforced at gunpoint in house-to-house searches.
I vividly remember a stunning Fox network news video showing a 58-year-old grandmother body-slammed and severely injured by a burly patrolman in SWAT garb because she produced a small antique revolver, innocently saying it was all the protection she needed.
And I remember chaotic scenes of homeowners handcuffed, forced to watch police search for and seize their guns at a time when they needed them most. An ABC reporter explained,"... homeowners had armed themselves,... in the end, police took their weapons but let them stay in their homes."
And then there was a Cox News Service headline that defines what the 21 st century Right to Keep and Bear Arms means:
"Armed militia protects its New Orleans neighborhood."
The accompanying news story told of civic-minded residents who banded
together in the face of a total absence of law enforcement to protect their community against roving gangs of violent criminals—many of whom flocked to New Orleans because of the news that over 270 local police officers went AWOL during the emergency.
Juxtapose that item with another headline that same week: "New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms,..."
All of that injustice led to NRA's legislative battle cry, "New Orleans—Never Again—Never Forget!"
With NRA taking the lead, harnessing the outrage over the firearms confiscation all across the political spectrum, legislatures across the country enacted prohibitions against any such civil disarmament during times of emergency.
And equally importantly, the Congress acted decisively with enactment of a tough federal measure to forever outlaw such abuse at the national level.
And that brings us back to New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, who now cynically claims she is all for the Second Amendment.
When Louisiana Republican Sen. David Vitter's Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 came to the floor on July 13 of that year, Hillary Clinton was among a handful of senators voting against outlawing the disarming of innocent Americans during times of disaster.
In essence, with that single recorded vote, the leading candidate in her party's bid to take the White House, voted to support the gun-ban mandate of the New Orleans police superintendent.
With her vote against Vitter's "never-again" amendment, Hillary voted to disarm any innocent citizen who has the grit to keep a firearm to provide self-protection against evildoers.
With her vote, Hillary supports every aspect of the civil disarmament that marked the dismantling of the Second
Amendment in New Orleans—including the refusal of government to acknowledge the existence of its secret cache of confiscated guns and its refusal to return those guns to their lawful owners once they were unearthed through NRA court action.
And with that vote, Hillary showed that her new phony support of the . Second Amendment—which surfaced in an October 23,2007, Des Moines Register (Iowa) article—is a cynical lie, insulting the overwhelming majority of Americans who know the true meaning of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
In debates and in campaign statements, Hillary Clinton insinuates that she served as the "co-President" to her husband Bill Clinton. On the issue of "gun control," and her singular enmity toward the National Rifle Association, the New York Times once reported:
"Mrs. Clinton, who is considering running for the Senate from New York, where gun control is popular, has also been more forceful than the President in directly taking on the powerful gun lobby..."
To the prospect of Hillary ever occupying the White House again—this time, not as the ever-influential wife of the most anti-gun President in American history, but as President in her own right, bent on outdoing Bill Clinton's gun ban legacy, we say, "Never again!"
In the coming months, we must do everything possible, use every aspect of Hillary Clinton's anti-freedom, anti-Second Amendment record to convince our friends and neighbors—80 million gun owners—to work to defeat her at the polls.
11)
I remember chaotic scenes of homeowners handcuffed, forced to watch police search for and seize their guns at a time when they needed them most.
For news about legislation and your NRA, visit: www.nraila.org, www.nranews.com and www.nra.org.
JANUARY 2008 AMERICAN RIFLEMAN

That's what you see as the lessons to be taken from Katrina? Unbelievable.

How about presidential incompetence, patronage, ineffectual leadership?

Again... unbelievable.

I never stated that this is the only lesson to be learned from Katrina. I am only pointing out one of many lessons to be learned by Katrina if you want to go that route. I don't think this server has enough space for all the things that could be said about our President, Our Government, FEMA, and the countless other mismanaged atrocities.
This is one post concerning one framework of thought and fact. Why is that unbelievable? Actually this post was not about Katrina at all, but about Hillary as the title states.

I never stated that this is the only lesson to be learned from Katrina. I am only pointing out one of many lessons to be learned by Katrina if you want to go that route. I don't think this server has enough space for all the things that could be said about our President, Our Government, FEMA, and the countless other mismanaged atrocities.
This is one post concerning one framework of thought and fact. Why is that unbelievable? Actually this post was not about Katrina at all, but about Hillary as the title states.

Fair enough. And I know it was about Hillary, but it seemed, incorrectly apparently, that the subject matter might have been exclusive. I think the last thing NO needed was more guns, btw. But guns aren't really my issue to tell the truth. I figure all the amendments should be equally enforceable, so if people have an issue with the 2nd, it needs to be repealed rather than eroded. How's that? ;)

Apologies for misunderstanding where you were coming from on the whole Katrina issue.

Apology accepted but really not necessary. I know people have deep concerns when it comes to Katrina. I just read the article I posted and found the thread Hillary hurts herself and thought , what a perfect place for this tid bit. I am not on here to try and make any enemies, although I probably will. I am here to hopefully make some friends and spread the word about the activists who want to undo, redo, and change the 2nd amendment, making the United states a hell hole of crime and punishment. So to you I extend a handshake of friendship. by the way, I rewrote the song House of the rising sun. You might get a kick out of it.

There is a house in New Orleans
That got cought in the rising flood
It's been in ruins ever since the day
That FEMA went on the run.

My mother was a bailer
She even used her jeans
My father was a paddlin man
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a paddler needs
Besides his suitcase and his trunk
Is a disaster, and a government that really don't care
and a boat that hasn't been sunk

With one foot on my rooftop
And the other on the boat
I'm going to go try to find all my stuff
Atleast the stuff that floats

Mothers, tell your children
Not to do what what I have done
To trust your government to come to help
Even the cops will go on the run.

;)

Hand of friendship extended back. FWIW, I mostly enjoy exchanging ideas with people who don't agree with me. It keeps my brain working and I'd be bored if all I could say or received on a topic was "I agree".

Good reworking of House of the Rising Sun. ;)

When I was a kid, growing up in Brooklyn, NY, my high school (and others in our area) used to put on these annual shows where each grade would compete against the others, do our own scripts, sets, costumes and re-work the lyrics of actual songs to advance the storyline. It was called Sing (you might have heard of the really G-d-awful movie that was made about it, but that's another subject). The winner would compete against the winners from other high schools. You'd have fit right in. :thup:

As for the gun issue, I think my decision over the years is gun control neither helps nor hurts here in the U.S. I do think, however, we have a culture of guns which isn't particularly healthy for society. But, like I said, it's there. I do think we need to make sure that guns don't get to criminals, but all that would take, really, is enforcement of existing laws, not new ones.

Pleasure... and cheers to ya.

Hand of friendship extended back. FWIW, I mostly enjoy exchanging ideas with people who don't agree with me. It keeps my brain working and I'd be bored if all I could say or received on a topic was "I agree".

Good reworking of House of the Rising Sun. ;)

When I was a kid, growing up in Brooklyn, NY, my high school (and others in our area) used to put on these annual shows where each grade would compete against the others, do our own scripts, sets, costumes and re-work the lyrics of actual songs to advance the storyline. It was called Sing (you might have heard of the really G-d-awful movie that was made about it, but that's another subject). The winner would compete against the winners from other high schools. You'd have fit right in. :thup:

As for the gun issue, I think my decision over the years is gun control neither helps nor hurts here in the U.S. I do think, however, we have a culture of guns which isn't particularly healthy for society. But, like I said, it's there. I do think we need to make sure that guns don't get to criminals, but all that would take, really, is enforcement of existing laws, not new ones.

Pleasure... and cheers to ya.

Thats great Jillian. It is always great to make a new friend. As for the gun issue...This is a 3 min clip that sums up the whole gun issue debate. I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but the clip does refer to Hillary. This election is the most crucial election in our U.S. History concerning gun control. Please take the 3 minutes it takes to watch the clip. We need as many people as possable on this issue. Good God, I'm starting to sound like a politician.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo[/ame]

I can't get Youtube at work, but will check out your link later. Thanks for posting it.

I don't think, though, that I see the gun control issue changing very much regardless of who becomes president. The only thing which will change and redefine it now are the decisions which will be coming from the Supreme Court. So, I suspect your anti-Hillary-ness on this issue might be a bit misplaced. Also, as I said, guns aren't really my issue, so it won't be one of the things I really think about in choosing from the pack. My issues have more to do with who gets appointed to the Supreme Court, and the things that I see as social and societal priorities. I want someone to address Iraq responsibly. I don't ever want to see a draft because of Bush's war (I have a 10 year old son, who will be 18 at the end of the next two-term presidency, so that's my major concern). My predominant issues are those that I think will affect the world my little guy lives in and brings his children into.

That's what you see as the lessons to be taken from Katrina? Unbelievable.

How about presidential incompetence, patronage, ineffectual leadership?

Again... unbelievable.

How about local and state incompetence and just about every level?

Last I checked, bailing incompetent state and city governments out of hurricanes is not listed in the Constitution as the President's job.

Been through this, done that...

FEMA screwed up bigtime, regardless of whatever failings of the local government... and there were many. And we all know what a "hell of a job Brownie" did.

Ain't it funny how time slips away. I'm glad some of you are in the mood to do some jamm.

What's so funny about the Tin Soldiers in Katrinaland? I started this tread with a complaint and I think a logical argument that Hillary is way out of line by promoting an email that I originally believed to be from the right wing side of the argument. The ramifications that it is probably from her and not the right wing at all is disturbing for me.

I appreciate the attention but can we stay at least marginally on topic?

Hillary took a view that I understood but did not agree with, bvbm.

She has never been and is not now "hawkish" as you and the msm describe her.

Hawkish is not the word I would use to describe her. Uninformed, Opinioniated, Unethical, Unrealistic, Selfish, Self centered, Selfseaking, Cinical, Devious, Deceitful, Underhanded, Back stabbing, Pencil pushing pin headed bitch, Is what I would use to describe her!

New Topics

Forum List

Back