Hillary Clinton Will Testify on Benghazi

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"Hillary Clinton will testify in front of Congress about the terrorist attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya - despite receiving a concussion and being hospitalized for a blood clot, it was revealed on Thursday. The Secretary of State cancelled appearances before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee after she fainted and hit her head on December 9. She sent two aides to testify in her place. Some conservatives initially claimed she was using the health issue to dodge testifying on the contentious issue ... The Washington Post reports that Clinton 'remains committed' to appearing in front of the Congressional committees, though no date has been set."
Report: Hillary Clinton Will Testify on Benghazi - Guy Benson

I am pleased that she will testify, perhaps we may get to what deficiencies need to be addressed which resulted in this tragedy.

I am pleased that she will testify, perhaps we may get to what deficiencies need to be addressed which resulted in this tragedy.

then you should talk to the CIA who was responsible for security in Libya at the time - as well.

"Clinton remains committed to testifying" is like saying "Obama is committed to spending cuts". Both statements are either deliberate lies designed to get the pressure off or merely typical examples of meaningless political jargon.

how sick are you people to not even allow a 70 something year old women a health issue?

• Banned

then you should talk to the CIA who was responsible for security in Libya at the time - as well.

I would like to speak with all who were responsible for this situation including those Republicans* who cut the budget for security personnel. I do not want a repeat the next time 9/11 rolls around.

*"the Republican majority that has controlled the House the last two years... joined in cutting nearly a half-billion dollars from the State Department’s two main security accounts. One covers things like security staffing, including local guards, armored vehicles and security technology; the other, embassy construction and upgrades."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/opinion/republicans-have-no-shame.html?_r=0

I would like to speak with all who were responsible for this situation including those Republicans* who cut the budget for security personnel. I do not want a repeat the next time 9/11 rolls around.

*"the Republican majority that has controlled the House the last two years... joined in cutting nearly a half-billion dollars from the State Department’s two main security accounts. One covers things like security staffing, including local guards, armored vehicles and security technology; the other, embassy construction and upgrades."

Does not mean security should not have been ramped up by the State Dept on the 9/11 anniversary and the fact of what they did know already.

But you blame Republicans and pretend you just want answers.

Does not mean security should not have been ramped up by the State Dept on the 9/11 anniversary and the fact of what they did know already.

You pretend to have the cognitive skills to understand what I am stating.

I will state it another way: All those in government, regardless of party affiliation, that had a hand in this mess need to be held accountable and fully disclose where the failure(s) occurred. Everyone has a thumb in this pie. This should not happen again and we need answers.

I will state it another way: All those in government, regardless of party affiliation, that had a hand in this mess need to be held accountable and fully disclose where the failure(s) occurred. Everyone has a thumb in this pie. This should not happen again and we need answers.

One doesn't need any skills to understand the obvious...So what are you telling us is new? Take a look at your previous post and see who you made a point of highlighting. Just ignore what I said about the budget which didn't preclude better security on 9/11

Last edited:

One doesn't need any skills to understand the obvious...So what are you telling us is new? Take a look at your previous post and see who you made a point of highlighting. Just ignore what I said about the budget which didn't preclude better security on 9/11

Applying a "knuckle dragging" mentality of merely putting more security does not fit this scenario. There is a dual responsibility host/guest nation to provide security, "the building in Benghazi was basically a villa that was being rented to serve as a temporary consulate. So it was built in accordance with your normal residential security standards for Libya. It was not made to withstand rocket or bomb attacks. So it was not a very secure facility at all" are two important issues for which answers provided and analysis done must be completed..

I've heard Hillary's testimony before.

"I don't recall...I have no such recollection...I don't remember anything about...That's not what I remember...I don't remember...I don't recall..."

Applying a "knuckle dragging" mentality of merely putting more security does not fit this scenario. There is a dual responsibility host/guest nation to provide security, "the building in Benghazi was basically a villa that was being rented to serve as a temporary consulate. So it was built in accordance with your normal residential security standards for Libya. It was not made to withstand rocket or bomb attacks. So it was not a very secure facility at all" are two important issues for which answers provided and analysis done must be completed..

Thanks! I read the DNC talking points and heard Susan Rice as well.

Top US General and Admiral reported canned over Benghazi actions: both may have moved to rescue trapped troops​

by Israel Insider
October 30, 2012

Two senior American military officials -- General Carter Ham of the U.S. Africa Command and Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette of Carrier Strike Group Three -- have been summarily relieved of their command duties. Both dismissals appear related to events during the terror attack in Benghazi.

The Washington Times reports that on October 18, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta appeared unexpectedly at an otherwise unrelated briefing on “Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." News organizations and CSPAN were told beforehand there was no news value to the event and gave it scant coverage. In his brief remarks Panetta said: "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command.”

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Top US General and Admiral reported canned over Benghazi actions: both may have moved to rescue trapped troops - Israel Insider

Why haven't General Ham and Admiral Gaouette been asked to testify before Congress?

Non responsive baloney. Unlike you, I am not a hack, I just want answers from those in the position to answer.

Non responsive baloney. Unlike you, I am not a hack, I just want answers from those in the position to answer.

You got caught with your drawers down blaming Republicans in what you thought was a clever way. You lobbed your insults and now your back for more.

Those in a position to answer aren't posting here. They are in D.C.

You got caught with your drawers down blaming Republicans in what you thought was a clever way. You lobbed your insults and now your back for more.

Those in a position to answer aren't posting here. They are in D.C.

I blamed all parties involved with this situation. All parties should all be held accountable and they should provide answers.

Forum List

Back