(Hillary) Clinton vows not to abandon Afghan women

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is vowing the United States will not abandon the women of Afghanistan as it supports efforts by Afghan President Hamid Karzai to reintegrate militants into society.
Clinton told three senior female Afghan officials Thursday that she understood the concerns of Afghan women about allowing former Taliban fighters — many of whom espouse an extreme form of Islam — to return to legitimate roles in government and local communities. But she said the U.S. would not allow women's rights to be "sacrificed or trampled on."
Some rights groups fear that Karzai's plan to reintroduce extremists into society will erode gains Afghan women have made since the Taliban were ousted by U.S.-led forces. The Taliban enforced strict Sharia law and banned education for girls.

Does anyone really believe Hillary cares about anyone but herself?

I don't... the bitch is completely fucking nuts. If she had any principles at all she would have left her shitbag husband over the Monica scandal.

Discuss.

I don't... the bitch is completely fucking nuts. If she had any principles at all she would have left her shitbag husband over the Monica scandal.

Discuss.

The issue is worth discussing ...but not your thread

That's a bit of a stretch. She's a power hungry bitch, which is why she stayed with Bill. Her choice has served her quite well in her political endeavors. Whatever she is, she's not stupid.

Hillary nor anyone else can control the treatment of women in a Muslim country.

Religion at its finest.

Sure makes me wanna go out and convert to the Muslim religion. NOT

Discuss.

The issue is worth discussing ...but not your thread

And why would that be? Because I posted my opinion of Hillary? On some message boards it's a requirement to give an opinion when posting a news article. That may not be the rule here, but it is a good way to get discussion going. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

Hillary nor anyone else can control the treatment of women in a Muslim country.

Religion at its finest.

Sure makes me wanna go out and convert to the Muslim religion. NOT

You are SOOO right:

"Women in public places are being increasingly targeted. And many women in high-profile positions have already perished as they tried to build civil society in Afghanistan. The UN’s Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) and the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), in the joint report, acknowledge for the first time the real and growing threat to Afghan women. The "Silence in Violence" report demonstrates that the problems faced by women in Afghanistan are not rooted in cultural nuances, but constitute basic breaches of the right to life, liberty and basic protection.

Contrary to perception that threats to women in Afghanistan originate primarily from the Taliban’s restrictive interpretation of Islam, a new UN report shows that the risks to women in Afghanistan are growing under President Hamid Karzai’s administration. It also shows that the perpetrators of the violence come from all sectors of society, not just from among Islamic militants. Aptly named ’Silence is Violence,’ the report also documents how the lack of condemnation or action to counter this violence on the part of society at large -- and government institutions and leaders in particular -- is helping perpetuate and intensify it.

The new UN report states that the pattern of violence against women operating in the public sphere sends a strong message to all women to stay at home. The report states that ..."http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/insightb/articles/eav071509a.shtml.

Forum List

Back