Hillary Clinton..."The People's Champion"!

Silence is the smartest option when you know that you have an Attorney General who won't pursue the case.

When the Attorney General is determined to uphold the law and not play politics...the smartest option would have been to cut a plea deal. Lois didn't have to worry about THAT though, did she?

Republicans over played their hand, declaring sentences for the 'scandal' before there had even been an investigation. Let alone charges, trials or convictions.

Thats' a witch hunt. And silence is the best response to it.

The best response to a witch hunt is the truth.

When sentences were declared before conviction or even an investigation 'truth' had nothing to do with it. Which is exactly my point. The GOP had yet to determine if a crime had even been committed. And yet they were already assuring prison time.

You can't claim that evidence or truth had a thing to do with that. Especially when years later when their investigation demonstrated essentially jack shit in terms of crimes, folks are still calling for jail time.

President Obama Announces Resignation of Acting IRS Commissioner I Am Angry About It

People don't go to jail because some guy is 'angry'. They go to jail because they are guilty of crimes proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Republicans were demanding jail time before there had even been an investigation. Skipping right past the 'evidence', 'charges', 'trial', 'beyond a reasonable doubt', 'conviction' parts. You know, where virtually the whole of due process is exercised.

You can't tell me that it had a thing to do with 'truth' or 'evidence'.

Was that John Boehner giving that presser, Skylar? Boy, he really DOES have a heck of a tan!

Republicans over played their hand, declaring sentences for the 'scandal' before there had even been an investigation. Let alone charges, trials or convictions.

Thats' a witch hunt. And silence is the best response to it.

When sentences were declared before conviction or even an investigation 'truth' had nothing to do with it. Which is exactly my point. The GOP had yet to determine if a crime had even been committed. And yet they were already assuring prison time.

You can't claim that evidence or truth had a thing to do with that. Especially when years later when their investigation demonstrated essentially jack shit in terms of crimes, folks are still calling for jail time.

President Obama Announces Resignation of Acting IRS Commissioner I Am Angry About It

People don't go to jail because some guy is 'angry'. They go to jail because they are guilty of crimes proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Republicans were demanding jail time before there had even been an investigation. Skipping right past the 'evidence', 'charges', 'trial', 'beyond a reasonable doubt', 'conviction' parts. You know, where virtually the whole of due process is exercised.

Was that John Boehner giving that presser, Skylar? Boy, he really DOES have a heck of a tan!

And where, pray tell, did Obama insist someone was going to jail for the IRS 'scandal'? Just tell us the time stamp on your video.

And where, pray tell, did Obama insist someone was going to jail for the IRS 'scandal'? Just tell us the time stamp on your video.

What do you think it means when you repeatedly state that people are going to be held accountable? That the law has to be followed regardless of who you are? That was Barack Obama in the early days of this scandal when the Obama White House was trying desperately to get as much distance between itself and Lois Lerner as possible. That changed rather dramatically once a connection was made BETWEEN the Obama White House and the people doing this at the IRS. Then we got the stonewall response and the "there's no there...there!" response.

One of the bigger comedy routines we're going to be treated to is Hillary Clinton campaigning as the champion of the poor when she and her hubby have become millionaires by accepting payola from wealthy donors in return for political favors. The same people who brought us the "Marc Rich" pardon in the waning hours of the Clinton administration now want you to believe that they're going to fight for you against the rich.

THINGS I TRUST MORE THAN HILLARY CLINTON . . .

* Mexican tap water
* A rattlesnake with a "pet me" sign
* OJ Simpson showing me his knife collection
* Pent up Gas when I have diarrhea
* An elevator ride with Ray Rice
* Taking pills offered by Bill Cosby
* Michael Jackson's Doctor
* An Obama Nuclear deal with Iran
* A Palestinian on a motorcycle
* Gas station Sushi
* A Jimmy Carter economic plan
* Brian Williams news reports
* Loch Ness monster sightings
* Prayers for peace from Al Sharpton

How can there not be a "smidgeon" of corruption at the same agency that Obama demanded the resignation of the IRS Commissioner from? Why was the IG's report so scathing if there was nothing going on?

What do you think it means when you repeatedly state that people are going to be held accountable?

There are all sorts of ways 'held accountable' might mean. And very few of them involve criminal charges. Let alone jail time.

The republicans skipped them all and went right to criminal sentencing. All before there was even an investigation. You can't claim 'truth' was their impetus when they'd already insisted someone would go to jail before there was an investigation.

An investigation, dingbat dupe. Duh.

Every bs "scandal" IS a witch hunt, stupid. No charges, no indictments, NOTHING. Just propaganda for fools like you. All kinds of people can do it not just Holder....MORON hater dupe.

Watch Clinton Cash Author Crashes and Burns When Pressed for Evidence of Clinton Crimes Occupy Democrats

What do you think it means when you repeatedly state that people are going to be held accountable?

There are all sorts of ways 'held accountable' might mean. And very few of them involve criminal charges. Let alone jail time.

The republicans skipped them all and went right to criminal sentencing. All before there was even an investigation. You can't claim 'truth' was their impetus when they'd already insisted someone would go to jail before there was an investigation.

So who was held accountable for the IRS misconduct? Did Lois Lerner get fired? Lose her pension? Did ANYTHING happen to the person who was running the targeting of conservatives? Or did Barack Obama simply give lip service to holding people accountable and then do nothing?

So who was held accountable for the IRS misconduct? Did Lois Lerner get fired? Lose her pension? Did ANYTHING happen to the person who was running the targeting of conservatives? Or did Barack Obama simply give lip service to holding people accountable and then do nothing?

What relevance does that have to the GOP congressmen insisting that someoen was going to jail over this issue?

None. You're trying to switch the topic. I'll stick with this one. The GOP demonstrated that they weren't interested in the truth by jumping all the way to sentencing before there had even been a conviction.

Or a trial.

Or charges.

Or even an investigation.

One of the reasons that political donors want anonymity is that they fear being singled out for punishment because of their political beliefs. What Lois Lerner did at the IRS is a perfect example of that. Nobody...whether from the Left or the Right should be able to use the power of the IRS to intimidate political opponents. It was wrong when Nixon attempted it back in the 70's and it's still wrong now.

Except political donors shouldn't have anonymity. That's the point. They were applying as "Social Welfare Groups" tohide their political activity.

The Reason we HAD reforms of campaign finance in the 1970's is because Nixon was using anonymous donors to fund his dirty tricks.

What's amazing to observe is how new scandals supplant old scandals...pushing them out of the public eye. The main stream press has been like a cat chasing the beam of a flashlight around the floor...bright shiny objects make them forget what they were doing a month ago as they charge off to report about what's new. They never get to the bottom of any scandal because there is yet another one to chase after.

No, they never get to the bottom because most people simply don't care. The problem with you Wingnuts - and I can say that having been one for years - is you get all upset about these things, and most people realize, "And this effects my life, how?"

So no doubt you'll be screaming when HIlllary beats Jeb, because you will never get why the rest of the world

One of the reasons that political donors want anonymity is that they fear being singled out for punishment because of their political beliefs. What Lois Lerner did at the IRS is a perfect example of that. Nobody...whether from the Left or the Right should be able to use the power of the IRS to intimidate political opponents. It was wrong when Nixon attempted it back in the 70's and it's still wrong now.

Except political donors shouldn't have anonymity. That's the point. They were applying as "Social Welfare Groups" tohide their political activity.

The Reason we HAD reforms of campaign finance in the 1970's is because Nixon was using anonymous donors to fund his dirty tricks.

Why should who people donate their money to, not be anonymous? If I work for an extremely conservative person and I'm rather liberal...why should my donations be made public, possibly putting my employment at risk? Do you not grasp the very real dangers inherent in that? Why don't I have the right to keep who I support with donations just as secret as who I vote for? What right do you have to take away that privacy?

He went from being "outraged" at what took place at the IRS to declaring that there was no "there" there.

Because at the end of the day, there wasn't.

So Barack Obama was totally WRONG when he made that first statement? I take it then that you don't think the sitting IRS Commissioner should have been replaced? That Lois Lerner should STILL be running the IRS Office of Exempt Organizations?

What's amazing to observe is how new scandals supplant old scandals...pushing them out of the public eye. The main stream press has been like a cat chasing the beam of a flashlight around the floor...bright shiny objects make them forget what they were doing a month ago as they charge off to report about what's new. They never get to the bottom of any scandal because there is yet another one to chase after.

No, they never get to the bottom because most people simply don't care. The problem with you Wingnuts - and I can say that having been one for years - is you get all upset about these things, and most people realize, "And this effects my life, how?"

So no doubt you'll be screaming when HIlllary beats Jeb, because you will never get why the rest of the world

People don't care that the IRS was used by people in power to attack their political opposition? Really, Joey? If they DON'T care then they're idiots. What happened at the IRS under Lois Lerner to conservatives could just as easily happen to liberals somewhere down the road. This isn't a partisan issue. What happened was wrong no matter which group was behind it. If the average American doesn't understand how that could "effect" their lives then we're in deep shit!

What relevance does that have to the GOP congressmen insisting that someoen was going to jail over this issue?

None. You're trying to switch the topic. I'll stick with this one. The GOP demonstrated that they weren't interested in the truth by jumping all the way to sentencing before there had even been a conviction.

Or a trial.

Or charges.

Or even an investigation.

I asked a very simple question, Skylar...

Who was held responsible for what took place at the IRS under Lois Lerner? Did Lerner pay any price at all for depriving Americans of their rights? Did anyone at the IRS or the Justice Department pay a price for the leaking of confidential tax payer information? If not...why not?

Forum List

Back