Hillary Clinton: Secretary of State is "My Last Public Position"

Whatta LEGACY; from helping to run-Nixon-OUTTA-THE-WHITEHOUSE...to THE PRESIDENCY!!!!

clintons_hippies.jpg

Chelsea_Clinton_300.jpg

(...And, Porky Limbaugh's STILL a fat dope-addict!!!)[/CENTER]

I'd make a snarky remark about the 3 million dollar wedding right out of Gatsby and the hedge fund manager hubby but well, I don't think you'd get it....

I'm no fan of Bill Clinton and certainly no fan of Hillary Clinton. However, I have the greatest respect for her. Otherwise, it would be pretty dumb to underestimate her capabilities.

I think what separates her from her husband is that she's gained very different perspectives of how the country is run as the Secretary of State. Not that this changes her political philosophy, but it certainly does give her a more mature understanding of how things work inside the Beltway and how other nations perceive our politics. This gives her an added advantage over any presidential candidate. I think this is perhaps what might contribute to her decision to NOT run: the glamour and glitz of the Oval Office has worn off. Perhaps she's no longer willing to pay the price for the White House? Otherwise, she's probably the best candidate the Democrats have and probably their best chance of winning the 2012 election. Obama is a dead duck (doesn't even qualify as "lame duck"...he's already dead in the water and doesn't know it).

I remember an old joke that pretty much hits the nail on the head. Hillary and Bill were visiting in Arkansas and stopped at an old run-down gas station. The gas station attendant was the owner, and he was dressed in oil-stained overalls with a white T-shirt untucked, he was unshaven and had a beer belly. Turned out that he was Hillary's high school sweetheart. Hillary acknowledged him, asked about his family, how was business and all the usual pleasantries. The owner introduced his wife to Hillary. She came out of the garage also wearing an oil-stained set of overalls, hair not brushed, showing signs of hard living trying to make ends meet.

As they were leaving, Bill said to Hillary, "Just think, if you hadn't met me, that might have been you back there."

Hillary smiled and answered, "No, if you hadn't met me, that man right there would have been the President of the United States."

Forum List

Back