Hillary Clinton Pushing U.S. Backed No-Fly Zone In Libya: Yea or Nay?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Does Hillary Clinton have this one right? Should the U.S. enforce a No-Fly Zone in Libya? I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

Does Hillary Clinton have this one right? Should the U.S. enforce a No-Fly Zone in Libya? I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

If the UN and NATO ask for one to be enforced we should. Not sure if we have a carrier in the area, but with air refueling we could keep a CAP over certain cities for a short period.

A carrier would make it alot easier.

Yay, and again I say...YAY!!!

Its high time for Khadaffi to go down...in flames.

He's going to end up being exiled and/or hanged for his crimes.

All under Obama's no-nonsense watch.

As long as we don't have the media mounting a campaign to demonize it. Accidents happen in war. Is the military going to be on the chopping block the first time collateral damage occurs ?

Nay

It's not our fight. It's not our country. No one involved has asked for our help.

Let the arabs take care of arabs.

what's that? they are not helping each other?

whodathunk they didn't give a damn about each other.

And why are we supposed to again?

Nay

It's not our fight. It's not our country. No one involved has asked for our help.

Thats a very good point. Any AA sites that try to resist will have to be neutralized. Also if and when the Libyan military tries to resist using fighter aircraft the remains of said aircraft after eating a AIM-120 or AIM-9 will have to land (crash) somewhere.

I called for this a few days ago.

A very good Idea IMO. Why should we just sit by and allow Libyan air units to slaughter people when we could shut them down in a nano second.

Nay

Without a doubt a document of them begging for it and the backing of the UN should be a priority along with the UNs willingness to compensate us for it.
I know--fat chance :lol:

Nay

So long as these things effect our economy, they're our fight. We have to fight these battles until some Genius realizes that Oil isn't the only source of energy in the world.

So now you support Americans dying to rid the world of an evil dictator.

you do know that from now on you can't say jackshit about Bush getting Saddam right?

So now you support Americans dying to rid the world of an evil dictator.

you do know that from now on you can't say jackshit about Bush getting Saddam right?

How many Americans died in the Balkans?

That's the model for this.

Very strict and limited victory conditions.

No, not without NATO and our allies getting together and greenlighting it.

Why? Well, for one, aircraft carriers only carry around 90 aircraft, and not all of them are fixed wing fighters, which would mean if you're gonna do it with a carrier, you'd have to get more than one.

You'd have to get the Air Force to go in via Tunisia in order to do it properly.

Besides, according to the rules of warfare for nations, there is no reason for us to go in there, we haven't been attacked, nor have we been asked.

However.........if the rebels go through NATO and ask for us to help, then and only then, would I say we should.

Besides........do you guys know how EXPENSIVE it is to do a full day of flight ops? Costs over a million bucks/day to do that.

Nay

So long as these things effect our economy, they're our fight. We have to fight these battles until some Genius realizes that Oil isn't the only source of energy in the world.

good lord

Think deeply about what you just said. And ask yourself; Where's oil and dictators standing on it?

Iran, Saudi Arabia, at least 3 shit holes in Africa, Mexico.

You wanna war for oil? ready for a no fuckin around world war?

then; What about diamonds, gold, silver, uranium, etc, etc?

No, we stay out of this like we promised we would over 200 years ago.
Like Arabs have begged us to, again and again to the point they started killing us for "helping" them.

Nay

good lord

Think deeply about what you just said. And ask yourself; Where's oil and dictators standing on it?

Iran, Saudi Arabia, at least 3 shit holes in Africa, Mexico.

You wanna war for oil? ready for a no fuckin around world war?

then; What about diamonds, gold, silver, uranium, etc, etc?

No, we stay out of this like we promised we would over 200 years ago.
Like Arabs have begged us to, again and again to the point they started killing us for "helping" them.

Conversely, you re-read my post and "think about what I just said."

Is this or is this not effecting our economy?

Alright then.

Forum List

Back