Hillary Clinton mentor: West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd organized a 150-member chapter of the Klan

Byrd is dead.......Republican racism is still alive

You mean the democrat racism?

Watch closely as Hillary details Byrd's legacy that will never die.

Byrd did have a great civil rights legacy when he died....today's republicans do not

No, you idiot. He has a great legacy as a member of the KKK. His contributions will be remembered.

When an ex-klan member puts together a better civil rights record than the entire Republican Party.....you can see how far the party of Lincoln has fallen

Byrd did have a great civil rights legacy when he died....today's republicans do not

No, you idiot. He has a great legacy as a member of the KKK. His contributions will be remembered.

When an ex-klan member puts together a better civil rights record than the entire Republican Party.....you can see how far the party of Lincoln has fallen

Nah, it just tells us that the civil rights movement's goal is slavery rather than freedom these days.

Hillary has a history of standing by men who use poor judgment and make "mistakes" and bad choices.:eusa_whistle:

quote-you-know-i-m-not-sitting-here-like-some-little-woman-standing-by-my-man-like-tammy-wynette-i-m-hillary-clinton-220043.jpg

I can't help myself ever time I see you post I sing this song in my head :)

4k3ljMk5Ivz29lU36J7cd6EZi4P5Oq4mUAgh1M7i_MigvpVR3vYRffZCQWJoDf1jd7jKN-KN9yk=s128-c-e100-nu

Oh Sherrie
Steve Perry

Buy for $1.29

Subscribe
Start Free Radio
Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free.
Lyrics
You should've been gone
Knowing how I made you feel
And I should've been gone
After all your words of steel
Oh I must've been a dreamer
And I must've been someone else
And we should've been over

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

But I want to let go
You'll go on hurtin' me
You'd be better off alone
If I'm not who you thought I'd be

But you know that there's a fever
Oh that you'll never find nowhere else
Can't you feel it burnin' - on-and-on

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie

But I should've been gone
Long ago, far away
And you should've been gone
Now I know just why you stay

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

Yeah, that was released my freshman year in HS. It was a nice change of pace to hear people break out in song to me with that one instead of the one by Frankie.:D

Byrd was indeed a Klan member. He opposed the racial integration of the armed forces and filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act for fourteen hours. He voted against the Voting Rights Act of 1965. He gave the thumb’s down to Thurgood Marshall’s Supreme Court nomination.

But, he recanted. He called his Klan ties the “worst mistake of my life.” He said, “I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America.” Late in life he explained regretfully, “I apologized a thousand times… and I don’t mind apologizing over and over again. I can’t erase what happened.”

In 2008, shortly after his home state had shown its racial disapproval of Barack Obama by handing Hillary Clinton a 41-point victory, Robert Byrd endorsed him by saying, “Barack Obama is a noble-hearted patriot and humble Christian, and he has my full faith and support.”

Did he redeem himself in the end? Well, eventually the NAACP awarded him its highest rating as they mourned his passing in 2010.

Why Make the “Democrats are the Real Racists” Argument?

Ike proposed the first Civil Rights Bill, LBJ stalled it.
Want to try again, Jake Stats

Byrd was indeed a Klan member. He opposed the racial integration of the armed forces and filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act for fourteen hours. He voted against the Voting Rights Act of 1965. He gave the thumb’s down to Thurgood Marshall’s Supreme Court nomination.

But, he recanted. He called his Klan ties the “worst mistake of my life.” He said, “I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America.” Late in life he explained regretfully, “I apologized a thousand times… and I don’t mind apologizing over and over again. I can’t erase what happened.”

In 2008, shortly after his home state had shown its racial disapproval of Barack Obama by handing Hillary Clinton a 41-point victory, Robert Byrd endorsed him by saying, “Barack Obama is a noble-hearted patriot and humble Christian, and he has my full faith and support.”

Did he redeem himself in the end? Well, eventually the NAACP awarded him its highest rating as they mourned his passing in 2010.

Why Make the “Democrats are the Real Racists” Argument?

Coming from a guy who thinks a billionaire is a loser... not convinced.

Nah, it just tells us that the civil rights movement's goal is slavery rather than freedom these days.

Helping people who need help is only slavery to conservatives

Robert Byrd supported programs that help all people......conservatives do not

You or any regressive liberal couldn't even help himself... you know nothing about helping.

The Civil Rights bill of 1964 was much more sweeping than the bill of 1957

LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln

You or any regressive liberal couldn't even help himself... you know nothing about helping.
Of course we do

Unlike Republicans, we do not blame the victims. We provide BOTH a safety net and a hand up

Last edited:

You mean like ISIS helps all people.....:lol:

Stupid fucking klantard......

image.jpeg

The Civil Rights bill of 1964 was much more sweeping than the bill of 1957

LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln

Robert Byrd started his career as a member of the klan. That was over 70 years ago. He also opposed Civil Rights in the 60s

But from 1965 on, both the Democratic Party and Robert Byrd evolved on Civil Rights to where they would no longer tolerate civil rights violations. It cost the Democrats the south for the next 50 years and still goes on

By the time Byrd died he was an honored legislator and was endorsed by the NAACP

No Republicans today are endorsed by the NAACP

Robert Byrd started his career as a member of the klan. That was over 70 years ago. He also opposed Civil Rights in the 60s

But from 1965 on, both the Democratic Party and Robert Byrd evolved on Civil Rights to where they would no longer tolerate civil rights violations. It cost the Democrats the south for the next 50 years and still goes on

By the time Byrd died he was an honored legislator and was endorsed by the NAACP

Let me ask you a question, are you proud of you democrat party and their kkk history? I mean, like, I am proud on the Republican Party history of freeing your slaves.....

Let me ask you a question, are you proud of you democrat party and their kkk history? I mean, like, I am proud on the Republican Party history of freeing your slaves.....
GOP members had slaves also.....Don't be too daft.........

Donald Trump spreads claim that Hillary Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member' - CNNPolitics.com

Byrd helped organize a 150-member chapter of the Klan in Sophia, West Virginia, in the early 1940s. (He was group leader.)

Byrd wrote in his autobiography that he "reflected the fears and prejudices" of those years and that he mainly joined the Klan because he identified with the hate group's anti-Communist politics.

I'm from the South, grew up in a Southern home ... and it was that Southern atmosphere in which I grew up and with all of its prejudices and its feelings."
Byrd told Bash he considered his involvement with the KKK "the greatest mistake of my life." He said he hoped young people learned from the mistakes of his youth.
He even went so far as to apologize to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2005 for his Klan membership.

----------------
Many times, right wingers try to tie the Democrats to the KKK. Especially Sen. Robert Byrd. They go on as if he hadn't been born and raised in the deep south with all it's confederate prejudices. They ignore his regrets as he grew older and understood what a terrible mistake he made. Belonging to that odious southern and prejudice right wing conservative and now oh so Republican organization.

And with the KKK's endorsement of Donald J. Trump for the GOP, gone are the days the GOP can lay that odious organization at the feet of the Democratic Party.

At the same time, I can't seem to figure out why conservative Republicans try to rewrite history that Lincoln was a confederate conservative and the KKK is made up of Democrats. We know what happened in the 1960's that changed party membership.

Actually, he was "Grand Kleagle" you lying little fuck.

Forum List

Back