Hillary Clinton mentor: West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd organized a 150-member chapter of the Klan

Hard to imagine ex-klansman Byrd had a better civil rights voting record than any current Republican

X

Last edited:
Donald Trump spreads claim that Hillary Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member' - CNNPolitics.com

Byrd helped organize a 150-member chapter of the Klan in Sophia, West Virginia, in the early 1940s. (He was group leader.)

Byrd wrote in his autobiography that he "reflected the fears and prejudices" of those years and that he mainly joined the Klan because he identified with the hate group's anti-Communist politics.

I'm from the South, grew up in a Southern home ... and it was that Southern atmosphere in which I grew up and with all of its prejudices and its feelings."
Byrd told Bash he considered his involvement with the KKK "the greatest mistake of my life." He said he hoped young people learned from the mistakes of his youth.
He even went so far as to apologize to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2005 for his Klan membership.

----------------
Many times, right wingers try to tie the Democrats to the KKK. Especially Sen. Robert Byrd. They go on as if he hadn't been born and raised in the deep south with all it's confederate prejudices. They ignore his regrets as he grew older and understood what a terrible mistake he made. Belonging to that odious southern and prejudice right wing conservative and now oh so Republican organization.

And with the KKK's endorsement of Donald J. Trump for the GOP, gone are the days the GOP can lay that odious organization at the feet of the Democratic Party.

At the same time, I can't seem to figure out why conservative Republicans try to rewrite history that Lincoln was a confederate conservative and the KKK is made up of Democrats. We know what happened in the 1960's that changed party membership.

It's not a claim. It's a FACT that Hillary's mentor was a high ranking KKK member.

Once again for you slow kids, it's a fact that the Klan was disbanded, "repealing all degrees, vacating all offices, voiding all charters and relieving every Klansman of any obligation whatever", in 1944. That's still before Hillary was even born.

Yet Byrd didn't stop paying his Klan dues until 1952. Was he sending money to an organization that no longer existed?

If that had actually happened, then yes.

You realize that posting something on a message board doesn't count as your own documentation, right Sparkles?

I think you mean 1942.

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

1940s.....yep, once again, we see the Con-servatives living in the Past.

Yep- nothing converts African Americans to voting GOP like having Contards like you tell African Americans that they are all just so fucking stupid that they are all still slaves.
Not all, just the ones who willingly give up their freedom to the enslavement of government dependency. Stop lying about what I said.

Want to know why African Americans vote Democrat.

Because Democrats don't African Americans ignorant idiots like you do.
Would you like to give us that in English?

Nothing lying about pointing out that you consider African Americans are all just so fucking stupid that they are all still slaves.

You are a Trump supporter

Donald Trump spreads claim that Hillary Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member' - CNNPolitics.com

Byrd helped organize a 150-member chapter of the Klan in Sophia, West Virginia, in the early 1940s. (He was group leader.)

Byrd wrote in his autobiography that he "reflected the fears and prejudices" of those years and that he mainly joined the Klan because he identified with the hate group's anti-Communist politics.

I'm from the South, grew up in a Southern home ... and it was that Southern atmosphere in which I grew up and with all of its prejudices and its feelings."
Byrd told Bash he considered his involvement with the KKK "the greatest mistake of my life." He said he hoped young people learned from the mistakes of his youth.
He even went so far as to apologize to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2005 for his Klan membership.

----------------
Many times, right wingers try to tie the Democrats to the KKK. Especially Sen. Robert Byrd. They go on as if he hadn't been born and raised in the deep south with all it's confederate prejudices. They ignore his regrets as he grew older and understood what a terrible mistake he made. Belonging to that odious southern and prejudice right wing conservative and now oh so Republican organization.

And with the KKK's endorsement of Donald J. Trump for the GOP, gone are the days the GOP can lay that odious organization at the feet of the Democratic Party.

At the same time, I can't seem to figure out why conservative Republicans try to rewrite history that Lincoln was a confederate conservative and the KKK is made up of Democrats. We know what happened in the 1960's that changed party membership.

Ex klan member Byrd had a positive NAACP rating for his voting record

Few Republicans can say the same

Few Republicans can also say that they are members of the KKK, or have members of KKK as their mentors.

Nor have the pro- civil rights voting record that Hillary and Byrd had.

It's probably bullshit nowadays. Let's be honest... Hillary would have voted for slavery, as did all the democrats at the time.

LOL- lets be honest- you regret not being able to own black slaves.

----------------

Ex klan member Byrd had a positive NAACP rating for his voting record

Few Republicans can say the same

Few Republicans can also say that they are members of the KKK, or have members of KKK as their mentors.

Nor have the pro- civil rights voting record that Hillary and Byrd had.

It's probably bullshit nowadays. Let's be honest... Hillary would have voted for slavery, as did all the democrats at the time.

LOL- lets be honest- you regret not being able to own black slaves.

I am always honest... you however are not. And that right there is a lie.

Hillary will make sure that the blacks will be doing worse than during slavery - although according to some statistics they already are. Between establishment republicans who don't care as the blacks don't vote for them, and the democrat plantation owners who want to destroy the community to garner votes... only Trump can help the black.

Hillary has a history of standing by men who use poor judgment and make "mistakes" and bad choices.:eusa_whistle:

quote-you-know-i-m-not-sitting-here-like-some-little-woman-standing-by-my-man-like-tammy-wynette-i-m-hillary-clinton-220043.jpg

I can't help myself ever time I see you post I sing this song in my head :)

4k3ljMk5Ivz29lU36J7cd6EZi4P5Oq4mUAgh1M7i_MigvpVR3vYRffZCQWJoDf1jd7jKN-KN9yk=s128-c-e100-nu

Oh Sherrie
Steve Perry

Buy for $1.29

Subscribe
Start Free Radio
Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free.
Lyrics
You should've been gone
Knowing how I made you feel
And I should've been gone
After all your words of steel
Oh I must've been a dreamer
And I must've been someone else
And we should've been over

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

But I want to let go
You'll go on hurtin' me
You'd be better off alone
If I'm not who you thought I'd be

But you know that there's a fever
Oh that you'll never find nowhere else
Can't you feel it burnin' - on-and-on

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie

But I should've been gone
Long ago, far away
And you should've been gone
Now I know just why you stay

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

Oh Sherrie, our love
Holds on, holds on

Blacks who are willing to work for a living to make something of themselves and don't want to be punished for leaving the Democrat welfare plantation should vote for Donald Trump.
What have you got to lose????

Everything!
you claim to live in Chicago

go into the heights, take an honest look at what you have done to them and then understand they have nothing to lose
Because right wing Republicans have worked for generations to bring poor people out of poverty. Look at the great job they did in Appalachia:

tin_can_8_10-980-copy.jpg

The wonderful job they did in West Virginia:

406_BLANKENSHIP_C.jpg

In fact, the GOP has done an amazing job all over the Deep South for the last couple of hundred years. Here are the ten poorest states in the United States.

50. Mississippi – Median household income: $39,680 Poverty rate: 21.5%
49. West Virginia – Median household income: $41,059 Poverty rate: 18.3%
48. Arkansas – Median household income: $41,262 Poverty rate: 18.9%
47. Alabama – Median household income: $42,830 Poverty rate: 19.3%
46. Kentucky – Median household income: $42,958 Poverty rate: 19.1%
45. Tennessee – Median household income: $44,361 Poverty rate: 18.3%
44. Louisiana – Median household income: $44,555 Poverty rate: 19.8%
43. New Mexico – Median household income: $44,803 Poverty rate: 21.3%
42. South Carolina – Median household income: $45,238 Poverty rate: 18.0%
41. Montana – Median household income: $46,328 Poverty rate: 15.4%
40. North Carolina – Median household income: $46,556 Poverty rate: 17.2%

Glad you care so much about a few cities. Considering how awful it's been for Republicans controlling the most poverty driven states in the Union.

You god Damn mother fucker you going to try to post this with me here RDERP?

You fucking still don't have a God Damn clue the difference between wealth and wages are do you cock. Sucking asshole?

The fact of the matter, troll, is that had Byrd been a Republican his offense with the KKK would have been unforgivable in the eyes of people like you.

Yep- nothing converts African Americans to voting GOP like having Contards like you tell African Americans that they are all just so fucking stupid that they are all still slaves.
Not all, just the ones who willingly give up their freedom to the enslavement of government dependency. Stop lying about what I said.

Want to know why African Americans vote Democrat.

Because Democrats don't African Americans ignorant idiots like you do.
Would you like to give us that in English?

Nothing lying about pointing out that you consider African Americans are all just so fucking stupid that they are all still slaves.

You are a Trump supporter
One more time, retard...Post a quote of me saying "ALL BLACKS" are stupid. If you can't post it you're a fucking liar.

Blacks who are willing to work for a living to make something of themselves and don't want to be punished for leaving the Democrat welfare plantation should vote for Donald Trump.

Everything!

go into the heights, take an honest look at what you have done to them and then understand they have nothing to lose
Because right wing Republicans have worked for generations to bring poor people out of poverty. Look at the great job they did in Appalachia:

406_BLANKENSHIP_C.jpg

In fact, the GOP has done an amazing job all over the Deep South for the last couple of hundred years. Here are the ten poorest states in the United States.

Glad you care so much about a few cities. Considering how awful it's been for Republicans controlling the most poverty driven states in the Union.
The gop doesn't force people onto welfare.

If people want to live country, they can, you don't have to like the way they live.

WV is hard up b/c of the left uneducated hate for coal.

whats the murder rate in those states compared to the Heights?

how come poor cons aren't murdering each other at a high rate?

and, again, it's not a political parties job to tend to people like they are children. Thats the lefts bigotry, they 'know' blacks can't make it on their own.

And yet, the most people on welfare are white people in Southern States. Odd that.
the fact that you can't do basic math, after it's been shown to you time and time again, simply means that leftist aren't capable of learning.

Everything!

406_BLANKENSHIP_C.jpg

If people want to live country, they can, you don't have to like the way they live.

WV is hard up b/c of the left uneducated hate for coal.

whats the murder rate in those states compared to the Heights?

how come poor cons aren't murdering each other at a high rate?

and, again, it's not a political parties job to tend to people like they are children. Thats the lefts bigotry, they 'know' blacks can't make it on their own.
"live country"? That's what "live country" means to you?
I get it, you would never live like that, you'd rather go on welfare and be kept in the hood instead of living within your means.

as a side note; they have a roof over their heads while the homeless, in the cities, don't.

It's not a claim. It's a FACT that Hillary's mentor was a high ranking KKK member.

Once again for you slow kids, it's a fact that the Klan was disbanded, "repealing all degrees, vacating all offices, voiding all charters and relieving every Klansman of any obligation whatever", in 1944. That's still before Hillary was even born.
Yet Byrd didn't stop paying his Klan dues until 1952. Was he sending money to an organization that no longer existed?

You realize that posting something on a message board doesn't count as your own documentation, right Sparkles?

I think you mean 1942.
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

And the word "rebirth" doesn't jump up and send you a clue, huh Junior?

As I said -- the organization was disbanded in 1944. April 23rd to be exact, with all its officers vacated.

Byrd's own memory was: ""After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization", after describing himself as "23 or 24" at the time. Byrd was born in 1917, which would make that between 1940 and '42 at the time he got recruited. What that means is that your "stopped paying his dues" malarkey works just fine for the year 1942 for an organization which then existed, while it doesn't work at all for 1952 for an organization which didn't.*

And again for a point of reference -- Hillary Rodham wasn't born until 1947.

Linear time. It's what's for dinner.

(* "paying dues" was in fact what that Simmons Klan was all about --- opportunism milking money off of national xenophobia by selling "memberships", robes and other paraphernalia. Simmons and his PR people cleaned up on playing the fears of the unwashed, tailoring its hatemongering toward unions, or drunks, or blacks, or Jews, or Catholics --- whatever would sell in that particular community.)
So you're acknowledging that Byrd was still a racist AFTER he quit the Klan, when he expressed to them (who you say didn't still exist) that they were "needed today as never before" and was anxious to see their rebirth. BTW, it's fun to watch pogo make excuses for the KKK and their leaders. :lol:
Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Byrd is dead.......Republican racism is still alive

I think you mean 1942.

As I said -- the organization was disbanded in 1944. April 23rd to be exact, with all its officers vacated.

Byrd's own memory was: ""After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization", after describing himself as "23 or 24" at the time. Byrd was born in 1917, which would make that between 1940 and '42 at the time he got recruited. What that means is that your "stopped paying his dues" malarkey works just fine for the year 1942 for an organization which then existed, while it doesn't work at all for 1952 for an organization which didn't.*

(* "paying dues" was in fact what that Simmons Klan was all about --- opportunism milking money off of national xenophobia by selling "memberships", robes and other paraphernalia. Simmons and his PR people cleaned up on playing the fears of the unwashed, tailoring its hatemongering toward unions, or drunks, or blacks, or Jews, or Catholics --- whatever would sell in that particular community.)
So you're acknowledging that Byrd was still a racist AFTER he quit the Klan, when he expressed to them (who you say didn't still exist) that they were "needed today as never before" and was anxious to see their rebirth. BTW, it's fun to watch pogo make excuses for the KKK and their leaders. :lol:

I'm just stating a fact --- which is that the Klan as an organization was officially disbanded April 23, 1944 by its head James Coldescott. That could be why the term used two years later is rebirth. Ya think?

I don't know whether Byrd was a racist at the time -- you posted quotes with no links and no context. Your date of "stopped paying his dues in 1952", same thing. I ain't dealing with hearsay here Sparkles. I'm just telling you what actually went down, when it went down, and why it makes certain claims made here impossible.

I think you mean 1942.

I'm just stating a fact --- which is that the Klan as an organization was officially disbanded April 23, 1944 by its head James Coldescott. That could be why the term used two years later is rebirth. Ya think?

I don't know whether Byrd was a racist at the time -- you posted quotes with no links and no context. Your date of "stopped paying his dues in 1952", same thing. I ain't dealing with hearsay here Sparkles. I'm just telling you what actually went down, when it went down, and why it makes certain claims made here impossible.
Ok, lazy boy/girl, read it for yourself (like you didn't already).
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back