Hillary Clinton mentor: West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd organized a 150-member chapter of the Klan

R

rdean

Donald Trump spreads claim that Hillary Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member' - CNNPolitics.com

Byrd helped organize a 150-member chapter of the Klan in Sophia, West Virginia, in the early 1940s. (He was group leader.)

Byrd wrote in his autobiography that he "reflected the fears and prejudices" of those years and that he mainly joined the Klan because he identified with the hate group's anti-Communist politics.

I'm from the South, grew up in a Southern home ... and it was that Southern atmosphere in which I grew up and with all of its prejudices and its feelings."
Byrd told Bash he considered his involvement with the KKK "the greatest mistake of my life." He said he hoped young people learned from the mistakes of his youth.
He even went so far as to apologize to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2005 for his Klan membership.

----------------
Many times, right wingers try to tie the Democrats to the KKK. Especially Sen. Robert Byrd. They go on as if he hadn't been born and raised in the deep south with all it's confederate prejudices. They ignore his regrets as he grew older and understood what a terrible mistake he made. Belonging to that odious southern and prejudice right wing conservative and now oh so Republican organization.

And with the KKK's endorsement of Donald J. Trump for the GOP, gone are the days the GOP can lay that odious organization at the feet of the Democratic Party.

At the same time, I can't seem to figure out why conservative Republicans try to rewrite history that Lincoln was a confederate conservative and the KKK is made up of Democrats. We know what happened in the 1960's that changed party membership.

Soros isn't sorry he worked with Nazis, Byrd sorry he was a Grand Kleagle. At this point, what difference does it make?

Donald Trump spreads claim that Hillary Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member' - CNNPolitics.com

Byrd helped organize a 150-member chapter of the Klan in Sophia, West Virginia, in the early 1940s. (He was group leader.)

Byrd wrote in his autobiography that he "reflected the fears and prejudices" of those years and that he mainly joined the Klan because he identified with the hate group's anti-Communist politics.

I'm from the South, grew up in a Southern home ... and it was that Southern atmosphere in which I grew up and with all of its prejudices and its feelings."
Byrd told Bash he considered his involvement with the KKK "the greatest mistake of my life." He said he hoped young people learned from the mistakes of his youth.
He even went so far as to apologize to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2005 for his Klan membership.

----------------
Many times, right wingers try to tie the Democrats to the KKK. Especially Sen. Robert Byrd. They go on as if he hadn't been born and raised in the deep south with all it's confederate prejudices. They ignore his regrets as he grew older and understood what a terrible mistake he made. Belonging to that odious southern and prejudice right wing conservative and now oh so Republican organization.

And with the KKK's endorsement of Donald J. Trump for the GOP, gone are the days the GOP can lay that odious organization at the feet of the Democratic Party.

At the same time, I can't seem to figure out why conservative Republicans try to rewrite history that Lincoln was a confederate conservative and the KKK is made up of Democrats. We know what happened in the 1960's that changed party membership.

Thank you! That sums it up nicely.

The southern democrats dixiecrats became Republicans core base today. All while the northern Republicans that had their power base before this time in the northeast transferred to the democratic party around the 50s-60's time frame.

Republicans today aint the same party they were 70 years ago.

The southern democrats dixiecrats became Republicans core base today. All while the northern Republicans that had their power base before this time in the northeast transferred to the democratic party around the 50s-60's time frame.

Stop making excuses for your racist roots. Democrats OWN the KKK and they STILL own black slaves.

----------------

And in fact he quit the Klan before Hillary was even born. Kinda hard to "mentor" somebody who isn't even in existence yet. If you believe in linear time.

Ironic that Rump's Robots would want to bring up the Klan though, since the Klan Byrd was in represented politically the resurrection of the old Know Nothing (nativist) Party ----- which is what Rump himself has been espousing the entire time.

If anything the Klan, and the Know Nothings before them, mentored Rump.

Byrd was a Republican?

When?

Blacks who are willing to work for a living to make something of themselves and don't want to be punished for leaving the Democrat welfare plantation should vote for Donald Trump.

Blacks who are willing to work for a living to make something of themselves and don't want to be punished for leaving the Democrat welfare plantation should vote for Donald Trump.
What have you got to lose????

Everything!

----------------

rewriting history won't erase your passed or present racism.

What have you got to lose????

Everything!
you claim to live in Chicago

go into the heights, take an honest look at what you have done to them and then understand they have nothing to lose

Forum List

Back