Hillary Clinton:I tried to join the Marines [at 27]

A

archangel

Marine recruiter: "Your to to old.You can't see.And your a woman"
"But maybe the dogs[Army] would take you"

Hillary: "This is not a very encouraging conversation...so maybe
I'll look for another way to serve my country"

Well it looks as if the sheep took her and we all have to deal with her now!

www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/7/19/124048.shtml

I figure she knew she couldn't join as almost everybody knows the Marines don't take anybody that old as a new recruit. If she were serious about joining the Military, the Air Force would have been her best bet and she gave them a wide berth to go where she knew she would be rejected.

I think the story is either made up entirely or she was already thinking about running for high office at that time and needed an excuse for lack of service.

no1tovote4 said:
I figure she knew she couldn't join as almost everybody knows the Marines don't take anybody that old as a new recruit. If she were serious about joining the Military, the Air Force would have been her best bet and she gave them a wide berth to go where she knew she would be rejected.

I think the story is either made up entirely or she was already thinking about running for high office at that time and needed an excuse for lack of service.

was not made up..excerpts available from an old Limbaugh TV show.....but I do agree with your analysis of her setting herself up for political aspirations in the future!

If she truly wanted to serve our country, she could have joined the Reserve. Or any other branch of the military.

nucular said:
Maybe she's telling the truth. I tried to enlist and they said I was too old. :boohoo:
Considering the maximum age to enlist in the USMC is 29.... 27 wouldn't be an issue.

How old were you when you tried to enlist nucular? And which branch?

freeandfun1 said:
Considering the maximum age to enlist in the USMC is 29.... 27 wouldn't be an issue.

That is the current rule. At the time Hillary "tried" to enlist the rule was 25, I believe. Even if the rule was 29 at that time as well the Marines will often suggest different reasons that they cannot become a Marine to see if there is honest intent and a true wish by the recruit to become a Marine. It would be necessary for the new recruit to argue past that particular argument to show the honest wish to become a Marine.

One thing they are taught while recruiting is to never recruit a Marine that they would not want to serve with.

freeandfun1 said:

38. Marines. They wouldn't even give me an application.

nucular said:
38. Marines. They wouldn't even give me an application.
Nobody will at 38 unless you are prior service...

well, I guess the NG just raised it to 39 with no prior service....

I've actually considered going back in... I'm 38 but have 8 years prior service so I can go in until I am 43 (35 + 8). I just might yet... who knows! ;)

Forum List

Back