Hillary Clinton Democrats stayed at home on Tuesday

Scotty

Commander
Jul 6, 2009
United States, Louisiana
I believe that the Democratic Party is split. The Hillary Clinton Democrats stayed at home on Election night, which led the way for Republicans to win so many House and Senate seats. These Hillary Democrats are turning away from Obama.

I believe that the Democratic Party is split. The Hillary Clinton Democrats stayed at home on Election night, which led the way for Republicans to win so many House and Senate seats. These Hillary Democrats are turning away from Obama.

Interesting theory. Black Dems stayed home, I'm hearing so Obama Dems stayed home as well. They generally have to energize the base and Obama isn't getting his mojo back to coin an old term.

Tea partiers are now targetting Rs in congress so something needs to happen in terms of motivation. The sooner the better.

I think you both make salient points. Many Democrats are not happy with being out of work or in fear they will be. They are not happy with the increasing costs of food and fuel, which the media for the most part keeps quiet about. They are not happy about 'comprehensive bills' coming from Congress, that are near impossible to 'know about' until put into force.

Many Conservatives agree with the above being the state of things in our economy and government.

Generally the difference between the two of these partisan 'middles' is how to address the problems.

Is it better to address the issues at the heart of the problems, such as allowing businesses to be as unfettered as they earn and deserve? Punish those that break the rules or punish all for the sins of a few? Is it to place the restrictions on government, that government attempts to put on all other aspects of our union?

Or is it to provide government ever more help to those caught in the economic mess that exists, the so-called safety net? Can the government actually replace each of us earning our own way?

Practically I think both know that neither is going to get a pure response to either, indeed the fact that there is the divide precludes such. So where is the common ground? Politicians that can find and address both are going to fill the void, if they arise. I don't think the answer is going to be found in the names we are all familiar with, no it will take those willing to say they will make changes in the government to loosen their reach, while providing the parameters within legislation that will happen to corruption of the system.

There needs to be protection for the people, while providing a climate that encourages both freedom and the ability to allow the economy to fire on all cylinders. The collusion between government, banks, and Wall Street leading to massive bailouts for the latter two by the first, on the backs of the people and businesses without punishment by any, must never occur again.

Another brainwashed DittoTard mindlessly parroting his MessiahRushie's bullshit. :cuckoo:

Reverse Operation Chaos, Dems: Stay Home, Don't Vote, Help Hillary
October 27, 2010
RUSH: Democrats, give your defeat meaning. Make your shellacking worth it. Find value in losing next Tuesday. Don't vote. Help Hillary. It has been pointed out to me, by the way, ladies and gentlemen, that a genuine Reverse Operation Chaos would be Democrats who hope to see Hillary as the Democrat nominee in 2012 vote Republican on Tuesday. If you can't bring yourself to do that -- if you Democrats, even if you want Hillary for 2012 -- if you can't stomach going to ballot box voting for a Republican, then be a Hillary potato. Sit on the couch for Hillary on Election Day.

Personally, I think the anger is misplaced....all that could be hoped for in 2008 is that our economy would not get worse. Those in government now promising that they can fix things are gonna end up as short-termers, because IMO, deflation isn't something the government CAN fix.

BTW, while unemployment in general hovers at 10%, unemployment for black Americans is at 16%.

Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age

Unemployment for black women dropped a bit, but unemployment for black men rose 17.3% in August to 17.6% in September. The total number of black men out of work throughout the United States is approximately 1.4 million. This is a problem that needs addressed. The problem is about to get bigger for many depending on outcomes this election season. Unemployment benefits need to be extended but Democrats and Republicans battle to position themselves for election time and are not cooperating on the extension of unemployment benefits. An unemployment extension could add additional weeks to the 99 weeks that are already provided and if there is no congressional movement on this topic, then benefits could expire come the end of November.

Unemployment rate for Black Americans High; Congressional Unemployment Extension Due for 99ers Come Election time? Unemployment Benefit Insurance to Expire? : Learning and Finance

Unemployment for black teens is at FORTY NINE PERCENT.

Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age

For some Americans, this is not a recession, great or otherwise....it's a full out depression.

We must extend unemployment benefits. There is no humane alternative.

Forum List

Back