Hillary Clinton Benghazi Testimony

Hillary Clinton Benghazi Testimony

—DrewM.
23 Jan 2013

Hillary is doing her thing on Benghazi in front of the Senate Foreign Relation Committee. Four or five questioners in A republican is finally getting to Susan Rice.

Overall Hillary is saying the House needs to give me money for embassy defense. She's turning this into a victory lap.

Still no mention of "YouTube".

Today's hearing is a political sideshow. If you're interested in the real challenges facing diplomats in non-permisive environments, listen to my talk with security expert Robert Caruso from October.

I'm not going to update with every statement of hers but she just said, "I wasn't involved in the talking points process" regarding Susan Rice's Sunday show appearance.

Obama isn't the only one who knows how to throw someone under the bus.

First testy exchange comes from Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI). He goes after Hillary for the protest story without any facts. Hillary angrily responds (literally pounding the table) saying "We had 4 dead Americans! Was it a protest?...What difference at this point does it make?"

Unfortunately, Johnson had no answer to why it's a problem the administration spent 2 weeks lying. Hillary hid behind the bodies of 4 dead Americans and it will play well.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
www.ace.mu.nu

History will define her as "The Bitch of Benghazi".

Sorry, this is all BS.

Not one person in this administration has taken responsibility for what occured that day.

The buck stops with Obama, he is shit as a COC, and Hillary is shit as SOS.

Leaders lead, politicians blame.

It is Hillary's and Obama's JOB to know what THEIR people are doing, this "I didn't know" crap is juvenile and demeaning to their respective offices.

I've been watching this stuff all afternoon while I do some writing work at home today.

I've found this session rather educational in respect to the inner workings of government.

It's an ironical session because Republicans on the committee are aggressive in their stance that there was a conspiracy by the Obama administration to politicize the attacks for their own benefit, when in reality the attack in Libya shows the limitations of a huge bureaucracy that is seriously over-extended in foreign nations.

It's ironic that the people who wish to limit the government the most are the most disturbed by the fact that the government is limited!

Secretary Clinton has been direct and forthright while, sadly, many Republicans on the committee continue to go on with their know-nothingness.

In one really stupid exchange, a Republican congressman kept blathering on about how the Secretary of State's office should have been talking with the evacuees at the time they were being evacuated in order to ask them if it was a protest that turned violent or if it was a more coordinated attack.

Sec. Clinton responded that the FBI talks to these people first, not the administration.

Then the Congressman simply repeated, "But you could have made one phone call to them".

"No, that's not the process...", exclaimed Clinton.

Another committee member grilled her on how her office never received the letter of the Libyan Ambassador containing security recommendations.

Why didn't her office get that cable? Well, first, we learned that millions of cables are transmitted to the Secretary of State. But it doesn't go to her office first. It goes through a process called the ARB, where intelligence people put the cables in any number of different categories.

That cable naturally went into the "Recommendations" pile. That pile isn't the most urgent pile of cables. What we learned today is that had the Ambassador sent an actual request and not a recommendation, that would have gone into "Requests".

And even that pile is the not most urgent stuff. What is? Of course, "Imminent Threats". The security apparatus of the United States, Clinton explained, still has most of its focus on places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, and then not least of all, the homeland here.

We also learned that the same congressmen who are blasting Clinton this afternoon have done their best to give this President as little as possible on anything, including not passing as much in security money as the administration requested.

We also learn that Republicans are all for the "Value" deal on contractors, which means we hire the cheapest rather than the best, to which Sec. Clinton said, "Well, you get what you pay for!".

What is clear from all we know is that there is no conspiracy here. We also know that Ambassador Rice had been given initial information that was still evolving. The administration did not make up the information, it was given to them by their own intelligence apparatus, who initially felt that perhaps the violence came out of a protest.

Well, when the smoke cleared and our intel got more information, the administration then repeated the correct information.

We do need to know what happened so that we can make things better, but Republicans are now debasing themselves by being trolls instead of men and women who put country first. It's kind of embarrassing to see them basically blame the Obama administration more than the terrorists who killed our people.

Where the heck is the video from the 2008 debate?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vQA92XlnM]Hillary Clinton Cries on the Campaign Trail - YouTube[/ame]

"I wasn't in the loop"

"I don't recall"

"I cannot comment on that because it's still under investigation"

"Congress didn't gimmie no money"

"I got a tummy ache"

Sounds just like Oliver North and his co-conspirators talking about Iran-Contra, doesn't it?

And what price did Ollie North pay? What price has Clinton paid?

North was involved in ACTUAL criminal activities.

And he didn't pay much of a price.

"I wasn't in the loop"

"I don't recall"

"I cannot comment on that because it's still under investigation"

"Congress didn't gimmie no money"

"I got a tummy ache"

Sounds just like Oliver North and his co-conspirators talking about Iran-Contra, doesn't it?

And what price did Ollie North pay? What price has Clinton paid?

Um, know your history. Ronnie Raygun and Ollie North illegally funneled funds and weapons. What did Hilliary do again? Oh that's right, she deliberately left the ambassador to die, and helped set up the 'protest'? <rolls eyes>

Sorry, this is all BS.

Not one person in this administration has taken responsibility for what occured that day.

The buck stops with Obama, he is shit as a COC, and Hillary is shit as SOS.

Leaders lead, politicians blame.

It is Hillary's and Obama's JOB to know what THEIR people are doing, this "I didn't know" crap is juvenile and demeaning to their respective offices.

I've been watching this stuff all afternoon while I do some writing work at home today.

I've found this session rather educational in respect to the inner workings of government.

It's an ironical session because Republicans on the committee are aggressive in their stance that there was a conspiracy by the Obama administration to politicize the attacks for their own benefit, when in reality the attack in Libya shows the limitations of a huge bureaucracy that is seriously over-extended in foreign nations.

It's ironic that the people who wish to limit the government the most are the most disturbed by the fact that the government is limited!

Secretary Clinton has been direct and forthright while, sadly, many Republicans on the committee continue to go on with their know-nothingness.

In one really stupid exchange, a Republican congressman kept blathering on about how the Secretary of State's office should have been talking with the evacuees at the time they were being evacuated in order to ask them if it was a protest that turned violent or if it was a more coordinated attack.

Sec. Clinton responded that the FBI talks to these people first, not the administration.

Then the Congressman simply repeated, "But you could have made one phone call to them".

"No, that's not the process...", exclaimed Clinton.

Another committee member grilled her on how her office never received the letter of the Libyan Ambassador containing security recommendations.

Why didn't her office get that cable? Well, first, we learned that millions of cables are transmitted to the Secretary of State. But it doesn't go to her office first. It goes through a process called the ARB, where intelligence people put the cables in any number of different categories.

That cable naturally went into the "Recommendations" pile. That pile isn't the most urgent pile of cables. What we learned today is that had the Ambassador sent an actual request and not a recommendation, that would have gone into "Requests".

And even that pile is the not most urgent stuff. What is? Of course, "Imminent Threats". The security apparatus of the United States, Clinton explained, still has most of its focus on places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, and then not least of all, the homeland here.

We also learned that the same congressmen who are blasting Clinton this afternoon have done their best to give this President as little as possible on anything, including not passing as much in security money as the administration requested.

We also learn that Republicans are all for the "Value" deal on contractors, which means we hire the cheapest rather than the best, to which Sec. Clinton said, "Well, you get what you pay for!".

What is clear from all we know is that there is no conspiracy here. We also know that Ambassador Rice had been given initial information that was still evolving. The administration did not make up the information, it was given to them by their own intelligence apparatus, who initially felt that perhaps the violence came out of a protest.

Well, when the smoke cleared and our intel got more information, the administration then repeated the correct information.

We do need to know what happened so that we can make things better, but Republicans are now debasing themselves by being trolls instead of men and women who put country first. It's kind of embarrassing to see them basically blame the Obama administration more than the terrorists who killed our people.

If you read the contents of this post you would not be saying that. If you have, and still come to the above conclusion you are being dilberately obtuse or are as dumb as a sack of spuds. I won't even go into you being a partisan hack.

Obama and Hilary did their jobs....Unless they change the way government and their departments are run, the exact same thing would have happened under a GoP pres and SOS. They followed the rules and guidelines. As soon as they know the shit was going to his the fan, they reacted. Too late, but then again, anybody would have been too late.

This is just cheap political point scoring and is a disgrace to the memory of those who died....

The only good thing about this is that it's great to know that people who think like you - and the vast majority of right wing nuts on this board - will never have a president in office who thinks like them. Ever.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton got testy on Capitol Hill Wednesday in response to a query from Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who called into question her department's accounting of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi, Libya.

Facing expected scrutiny from Republicans during her testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Clinton appeared to take exception to Johnson's pointed inquiry into the State Department's initial report that the attack had been mounted spontaneously as a reaction to an anti-Islam YouTube video.

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," Clinton responded, raising her voice at Johnson, who continued to interrupt her. "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."
Clinton continued, defending the State Department's efforts in the wake of the assault. "Honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is people were trying their best in real time to get to the best information," she said.

Earlier in the hearing, Clinton spoke about the aftermath of the attack, her voice cracking as she recalled meeting the families of the four Americans killed, including that of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.

More: Hillary Clinton, Ron Johnson Engage In Heated Exchange At Benghazi Hearing (VIDEO)

John McCain has suggested bringing the survivors of the Obama/Clinton/Rice lies to Capital Hill to testify.

McCain, Graham, and Paul's political posturing is an insult to Americans. Republicans have to resort to non-issues like Benghazi or Obama's birth certificate because they have no political ammunition whatsoever. You spent it all during the Bush era.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut: "If some people on this committee want to call this tragedy the worst since 9/11, it misunderstands the nature of 4,000 plus Americans lost in the War in Iraq under false pretenses."

McCain, Graham, and Paul's political posturing is an insult to Americans. Republicans have to resort to non-issues like Benghazi "

So you do not care that they lied to the world about their being a demonstration because of an election? The only guy in jail because of Benghazi at this point is a guy who made a film that had nothing to do with it. Except of course the Democrats making him a fall guy.

I bet the families of the four dead care. What a coward.

Oh please, :blahblah: it is terrible to see what looks like you hiding behind tehse deaths and the families in order to score cheap political points

So if your kids and husband died you wouldn't want to know the reason? She said what difference does it make in regards to it being terrorism or outrage over a cartoon, the motive. I'd want to know the motive.

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton got testy on Capitol Hill Wednesday in response to a query from Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who called into question her department's accounting of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi, Libya.

Facing expected scrutiny from Republicans during her testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Clinton appeared to take exception to Johnson's pointed inquiry into the State Department's initial report that the attack had been mounted spontaneously as a reaction to an anti-Islam YouTube video.

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," Clinton responded, raising her voice at Johnson, who continued to interrupt her. "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."
Clinton continued, defending the State Department's efforts in the wake of the assault. "Honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is people were trying their best in real time to get to the best information," she said.

Earlier in the hearing, Clinton spoke about the aftermath of the attack, her voice cracking as she recalled meeting the families of the four Americans killed, including that of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.

More: Hillary Clinton, Ron Johnson Engage In Heated Exchange At Benghazi Hearing (VIDEO)

Only a koolaid drinking, Left wing asshole like you, would be proud of Hillary trying to say it does not matter.

Forum List

Back