hillary and the sniper...

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
i find this entirely disturbing. maybe even more than the benghazi political cover up...

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

i continue to be stunned she would want to be CIC. this is mental illness folks.

Video shows tarmac welcome, no snipers

But that's not what happened, as demonstrated by CBS News video that shows Clinton arriving on the tarmac under no visible duress, and greeting a child who offers her a copy of a poem. The Washington Post Factchecker also turned a skeptical eye on Clinton's comments, reporting that a review of more than 100 news stories from the time documented no security threats to the First Lady.

From your own link,

But she retracted the remarks a week later, telling the Philadelphia Daily News editorial board on March 24, 2008, that she "misspoke," correcting herself to say she had been told there was a threat of sniper fire in the area. The next day she told reporters, "So I made a mistake. That happens. It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."
<Snip>

There's no doubt flying into Bosnia was dangerous back in 1996, but the threat of sniper fire is not the same as actual sniper fire, and hustling off the tarmac is not the same as running with your head down. Yes, Clinton later acknowledged that she was mistaken, but it's hard to understand how she could err on something so significant as whether she did or didn't dodge sniper bullets. Quite simply, this kind of hyperbole deserves our harshest assessment. We rule Pants on Fire.

Politifact acknowledges that A. It was a dangerous trip. B. She apologized about the "mistake" and still gives it a "Pants on Fire".

Having actually been to the region, which is beautiful, and many years after the war..it is still sort of dicey.

On the way to Dubrovnik I was greeted at a check point by 2 burly gentleman in military uniforms brandishing AK47s.

• Banned
From your own link,

But she retracted the remarks a week later, telling the Philadelphia Daily News editorial board on March 24, 2008, that she "misspoke," correcting herself to say she had been told there was a threat of sniper fire in the area. The next day she told reporters, "So I made a mistake. That happens. It shows I'm human, which for some people is a revelation."
<Snip>

There's no doubt flying into Bosnia was dangerous back in 1996, but the threat of sniper fire is not the same as actual sniper fire, and hustling off the tarmac is not the same as running with your head down. Yes, Clinton later acknowledged that she was mistaken, but it's hard to understand how she could err on something so significant as whether she did or didn't dodge sniper bullets. Quite simply, this kind of hyperbole deserves our harshest assessment. We rule Pants on Fire.

Politifact acknowledges that A. It was a dangerous trip. B. She apologized about the "mistake" and still gives it a "Pants on Fire".

Having actually been to the region, which is beautiful, and many years after the war..it is still sort of dicey.

On the way to Dubrovnik I was greeted at a check point by 2 burly gentleman in military uniforms brandishing AK47s.
nice try ace, she cooked the story and you know it. i'm pretty sure brian williams and dan rather couldn't get away with that, and they're not running for to or away from anything. you are.
retracted the remark a week later, which to your credit, is two weeks sooner than benghazi.

in your political world burly gentlemen just holding rifles are snipers. you should vote for hillary sallow, it shows you're human. my God you must think Americans a stupid. some are...;)

there was supposed to be some sort of greeting ceremony...

burly, sleep deprived ... Sallow, maybe you could be her interpreter, if she gets in.

i like chelsea though... ostensibly, she was under "sniper fire" too.

Last edited:
Misspeaking and lying are two different things. Mrs. Clinton will join Bill O'Reilly and others who were trying to pretend they were in danger in service of their country when they weren't.

From your own link,

<Snip>

If she hadn't related the story at several venues before confessing she 'misspoke', you might have more credence.

She tried something, and it failed miserably

Forum List

Back