Hillary: Advertisers Want To Put Chips In Kid's Heads

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
She just wishes she could have implanted a GPS in Bill's head to know where he was at times.

-----

WASHINGTON - Madison Ave. ad execs are so bent on taking control of America's children, they'd put computer chips in kids' brains if they could, Sen. Hillary Clinton said yesterday.

Saying advertisers have found so many new ways to get at kids through video games and the Internet, Clinton warned that we're verging on a society out of a grim science fiction novel.

"At the rate that technology is advancing, people will be implanting chips in our children to advertise directly into their brains and tell them what kind of products to buy," Clinton said at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The New York Democrat said the country was performing a "massive experiment" on kids who average more than six hours a day with media and advertising, soaking it up through TV, computers, games and iPods. She said the fastest growing advertising market is the 6- and under set, and that children's health is already being hurt by products like Camel's candy-flavored cigarettes and junk food sold with tips for video games - used to sell more junk food.

"People are spending billions and billions of dollars enticing children basically to be obsessed with food," she said. "These foods are almost universally unhealthy." Clinton has offered legislation to study the effects of the "advertising-saturated, media-intense" world on kids.

Robert Thompson, a professor of pop culture at Syracuse University, said Clinton and other politicians like to attack advertising because it's easier than trying to ban bad food products or fund broad education programs.

"To go after advertising really makes no sense," he said. "It's sort of a backdoor tack, but it's the safer one politically."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/436952p-368077c.html

Wow.

Between Al Gore inventing horror stories about global warming, Cynthia and Jesse screaming "racism" at every drop of a hat, and now Hillary sounding alarms over nonexistent plans for advertisers implanting chips in peoples' brains, the Democrats have the hysterical-paranoia department all sewn up.

And these people say they are the ones who should be running our country?

:bow3:

GotZoom said:
She just wishes she could have implanted a GPS in Bill's head to know where he was at times.

-----

WASHINGTON - Madison Ave. ad execs are so bent on taking control of America's children, they'd put computer chips in kids' brains if they could, Sen. Hillary Clinton said yesterday.

Saying advertisers have found so many new ways to get at kids through video games and the Internet, Clinton warned that we're verging on a society out of a grim science fiction novel.

"At the rate that technology is advancing, people will be implanting chips in our children to advertise directly into their brains and tell them what kind of products to buy," Clinton said at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The New York Democrat said the country was performing a "massive experiment" on kids who average more than six hours a day with media and advertising, soaking it up through TV, computers, games and iPods. She said the fastest growing advertising market is the 6- and under set, and that children's health is already being hurt by products like Camel's candy-flavored cigarettes and junk food sold with tips for video games - used to sell more junk food.

"People are spending billions and billions of dollars enticing children basically to be obsessed with food," she said. "These foods are almost universally unhealthy." Clinton has offered legislation to study the effects of the "advertising-saturated, media-intense" world on kids.

Robert Thompson, a professor of pop culture at Syracuse University, said Clinton and other politicians like to attack advertising because it's easier than trying to ban bad food products or fund broad education programs.

"To go after advertising really makes no sense," he said. "It's sort of a backdoor tack, but it's the safer one politically."

While I couldn't possibly be as fanatical as Shrillary, I wouldn't put it past advertisers to attempt such a stunt. It isn't like they have consciences.

GunnyL said:
While I couldn't possibly be as fanatical as Shrillary, I wouldn't put it past advertisers to attempt such a stunt. It isn't like they have consciences.

Hey, that's my name for her! You and everyone else are encouraged to use it, though. Maybe when she runs, we can make up posters with it. Surely she will live up to her name in spades during her campaign. :fifty:

GotZoom said:

-----

God, I hope this bimbo is the Dems choice in 08!

Dr Grump said:
GW proved that anything is possible....

Comparing Pres Bush to The Red Queen is like comparing steak to hamburger

In 08, the Red Queen will look like she went through a meat grinder on Election night

Abbey Normal said:
Hey, that's my name for her! You and everyone else are encouraged to use it, though. Maybe when she runs, we can make up posters with it. Surely she will live up to her name in spades during her campaign. :fifty:

I have quite a few names for her. I'll try to be mindful of your patent rights.;)

Usually Hillary is more calculating. I'm frankly surprised, but probably shouldn't be. This "chip in the brain" bit must be to play to the tinfoil hat crowd. I guess she's trying to appeal to as broad a base as possible.

I can just imagine the conversation at Hillary for President HQ --- "Yeah, let's get the psychotics and maniacs to listen to us, that'll help us win the White House in 08"

I wonder if Hillary will be making claims about the coverup at Roswell New Mexico next? Maybe she can find a way to blame Bush or Global Warming for it.

KarlMarx said:
Usually Hillary is more calculating. I'm frankly surprised, but probably shouldn't be. This "chip in the brain" bit must be to play to the tinfoil hat crowd. I guess she's trying to appeal to as broad a base as possible.

I can just imagine the conversation at Hillary for President HQ --- "Yeah, let's get the psychotics and maniacs to listen to us, that'll help us win the White House in 08"

I wonder if Hillary will be making claims about the coverup at Roswell New Mexico next? Maybe she can find a way to blame Bush or Global Warming for it.

The tinfoil hat crowd is the base of the Democrat party. The once proud party of Truman and JFK has handed the car keys over to the kook left.

Howie Dean is the Party Chairman! What more evidence do you need the kooks are running the party?

red states rule said:
The tinfoil hat crowd is the base of the Democrat party. The once proud party of Truman and JFK has handed the car keys over to the kook left.

Howie Dean is the Party Chairman! What more evidence do you need the kooks are running the party?
The only explanation that I can think of is that a lot of the former political activists of the 1960s are now wealthy donors to the DNC. I believe the DNC is following the money. That is, if their biggest donors believe in gay marriage, abortion or in UFOs, for that matter, so do they. It doesn't matter if the rest of the country does or doesn't. That may explain their "out of touch with reality" positions on a lot of issues.

Did anyone even read the article? If you did, then you'd see that when read out of context, the quote from Hillary makes her seem like an idiot. When read with logic, Hillary does have a very valid point. Companies are producing products that have harmful side effects which their advertisements are directed at young children who do not understand the consequences.

CharlestonChad said:
Did anyone even read the article? If you did, then you'd see that when read out of context, the quote from Hillary makes her seem like an idiot. When read with logic, Hillary does have a very valid point. Companies are producing products that have harmful side effects which their advertisements are directed at young children who do not understand the consequences.

People are free to make choices when they buy, aren't they? That's what a free market economy is based on. I believe, that with children, parents can say "no" to products that they feel are harmful to their kids. Unlike some curricula in public schools, parents are in control.

Her rhetoric falls in line with the "corporations are evil" mindset. I wonder if she has something up her sleeve like increasing the regulation of commercials. More government regulation and control, for our own good, of course!

My feeling is, if that what she's up to, no good can come of it.

CharlestonChad said:

Out of context meaning, the damn reporters had the gall to actually report what she really said.

Forum List

Back