Hillary admits to lesbian affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. (Thought I'd interject myself;) )
:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

The GOP is a political party that supposedly represents conservative views. However, which conservative views are represented depend a lot on which ones get the most publicity and/or votes.

The whole problem with the Republican party now is that there are too many competing factions. You have hardline, closed-minded conservatives, Ronald Reagan Conservatives, moderate conservatives, and those who used to be defined as liberals but were cast adrift by Jimmy Carter when he shifted the Democrat party to the left. We get called Neocons and RINOs.

It's very interesting to see how American culture, mentality and politics is soooo different. I find here and with other countries thats I've been to, it's always the people vs. the government (regardless of the party in power because they're often viewed as one in the same but not in the US). For me personally it's hard to wrap my head around such a divide even within same the same "family" so to speak...it's kinda like all the different sects within Christianity even though they're all Christians.

President Bush's problem, which most lefties refuse to even look at, is he is not hardline conservative enough for the Republican party. He was a moderate governor, and started out as a moderate President. He draws a LOT of criticism from conservatives who are farther to the right, and it is those conservatives who have the money and are the base of the Republican voters.
Can you give some examples where he is considered moderate by extreme right wingers?

Why was he voted in as the Republican candidate if receive a lot of criticism from conservatives'?

Thanks for the explanation...it was helpful ;)

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

It's very interesting to see how American culture, mentality and politics is soooo different. I find here and with other countries thats I've been to, it's always the people vs. the government (regardless of the party in power because they're often viewed as one in the same but not in the US). For me personally it's hard to wrap my head around such a divide even within same the same "family" so to speak...it's kinda like all the different sects within Christianity even though they're all Christians.

Can you give some examples where he is considered moderate by extreme right wingers?

Why was he voted in as the Republican candidate if receive a lot of criticism from conservatives'?

Thanks for the explanation...it was helpful ;)

I find it comical how resident Americans down here see our Labor Party (Even though they spelt it wrong just to please the Seppos!) as “evil” and further to the left than Vladimir Lenin, whereas Aussies of my generation see them as turncoats, stomach-churning class traitors, and two-bob capitalists. :mad:

Then again, I find it farcical how Billy “The Bomber” Clinton, who invaded just as many Easy Beat countries as Dimwit on trumped-up charges, is seen by Americans as a Commie-loving “Librul.” So what would I know! :confused:

Then again, I find it farcical how Billy “The Bomber” Clinton, who invaded just as many Easy Beat countries as Dimwit on trumped-up charges, is seen by Americans as a Commie-loving “Librul.” So what would I know! :confused:

haha...i've often wondered that myself...i really believe that most americans are unable/unwilling to view it the same way as we "foreigners" and "traitors" do.

Things are not going well for Hillary and now she is playing the gender card herself

Clinton gladly plays the gender card
Leading in polls among female Democratic voters, the senator works to build on that support, lining up feminist leaders and appealing to working women.
By Stephen Braun, Times Staff Writer
April 7, 2007

WASHINGTON — A gender gap is growing in the Democratic presidential race, and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton aims to widen it into a chasm.

Armed with mounting evidence that women are providing her a strong foundation in the crucial early months of the run-up to next year's primaries, Clinton's campaign is trying to organize almost every aspect of the Democratic women's voting bloc — including lining up the support of feminist elites and stoking excitement in teenage political neophytes.

When the New York senator speaks to audiences crowded with women, she unabashedly depicts her candidacy as a historic opportunity to elect the first female president.

"Now is the time to break the biggest glass ceiling in the land," a beaming Clinton said last week after her endorsement by the National Organization for Women's political action committee, one of several influential women's activist groups that have rushed to endorse her campaign.

In contrast to the broader electorate, where, in 2006, women accounted for 51% of votes cast, women represent as much as 60% of registered voters in early Democratic primary and caucus states. And early surveys show Clinton ahead of her male rivals among women in every early primary and caucus state.

Nationally, a Zogby survey in late March found that Clinton outstripped her competitors, leading with 42% of likely primary voters among Democratic women, compared with 19% for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and 15% for former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards. Clinton held a much thinner lead among male Democratic voters. At 28%, she barely edged Obama, who was at 26%, with Edwards trailing at 11%.

"We've really seen a constituency form around her," said Mark Penn, Clinton's chief strategist and pollster. "One of the things people don't realize is she has a solid base — among women — that's harder and much more enthusiastic than anyone else has."

She shows strength among independent women as well. A Gallup survey released Monday showed that nationally, 59% of female independent voters have a favorable image of Clinton — compared with 45% of male independents.

Even Republican women view her slightly more favorably than do Republican men, though she ranks low with both groups, the poll found.

Just as Clinton is the first female candidate with a real shot at the White House, her openly gender-based strategy also explores new political territory. It is aimed at tapping into her loyal female base for energy and money and winning over Democratic women who might differ with her on specific policies, doubt her electability or simply dislike the controversial former first lady.

"The women's vote is not monolithic," said Kate Michelman, former president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, the abortion rights group, who is backing Edwards.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politic...0,3370086.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

Beginning in the late 1970's, Republicans seized control of every branch of the U.S. government in part through vicious gay-baiting.

After Bill Clinton won his first victory in 1992, Republicans immediately and relentlessly attacked him for tolerating gays in the military.

In 2004, Bush and the Republican Party made their opposition to gay marriage the centerpiece of their campaign. They put anti-gay marriage amendments on state ballots to turn out homophobic voters. They furiously attacked John Kerry for pointing out (in a supportive way) that Dick Cheney's own daughter is openly gay.

Now we know Bush's White House waved a gay male prostitute - Jim Guckert - into White House press conferences nearly every day for two years. Guckert, like many closeted gay Republicans, engaged in vicious gay-bashing himself: during the 2004 campaign, he wrote articles accusing John Kerry of running to be the "first gay president."

Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

It's time to expose every Republican gay-basher who is gay.

To be included, the individual must be:

A Republican or conservative political activist
Engaged in anti-gay advocacy or activism
Gay or bi-sexual
In the closet
Obviously the non-closeted members of the Log Cabin Republicans would not be included.

The list below includes individuals who have been identified as gay by sources we consider reliable. If you find an error, please let us know and we will post a correction.

If you would like to offer your own suggestions, please post them in the comment section below - and be sure to include reliable links.

Name Anti-gay activities Status
Dolan, Terry Ran NCPAC to elect far-right Republicans in the 1970's when they were attacking gay victims of AIDS Died of AIDS
Dreier, David Powerful Congressman who votes consistently against gay rights Closeted gay
Guckert, James Wrote gay-bashing articles for right-wing Talon News service Gay prostitute
Mehlman, Ken Ran George Bush's 2004 campaign with anti-gay marriage as central issue; now Chairman of the Republican Party Closeted gay
Williams, Armstrong Regularly attacked gay marriage on CNN Settled gay sex harassment lawsuit for $200K

Gay Republican expose sites:

AmericaBlog

tinfoil hat ? i believe thats a reference to believers of UFOs ? can you explain it or is it just something you heard on fox and now parrot , is there some connection between all these gay Republicans and UFOs that I'm missing
are you saying its a alien conspiracy ? or is it just another one of your irrelevant statements ?

tinfoil hat ? i believe thats a reference to believers of UFOs ? can you explain it or is it just something you heard on fox and now parrot , is there some connection between all these gay Republicans and UFOs that I'm missing
are you saying its a alien conspiracy ? or is it just another one of your irrelevant statements ?

Tin foil hat crowd fits. You see conspiracies in your shadow

so lets be clear your saying all these gay republicains are not real and that
its all some kind of conspiracy ?

the comment was directed at you - not them. No matter what the thread you find a way to input your kook conspiracy theories into the topic

so again gay repulicains are a kook conspiracy that i somehow found a way to imput into the thread ?

no, your first sentence "Beginning in the late 1970's, Republicans seized control of every branch of the U.S. government in part through vicious gay-baiting." is a kook conspiracy conspiracy

well there you go you actually made a point and expressed a valid opinion , i agree with the fact that first sentence is somewhat extreme and would be more accurate to say that Republicans gained a lot of support by catering to the religious right and appearing as to not condone homosexuality when in fact rep/Dem Washington is a pretty gay place

well there you go you actually made a point and expressed a valid opinion , i agree with the fact that first sentence is somewhat extream and would be more accurate to say that Republicans gained a lot of support by catering to the religious right and appearing as to not condom homosexuality when in fact rep/Dem Washington is a pretty gay place

and libs bow at the alter of the religious left - Sharpton, Jackson, and Looney Louie

once again i agree with with you

A libral coworker once told me he wished politicans should ignore the religious nuts anfd how they want to impose their way of live on everyone

I told him it was about time he saw the truth about Al, Jessie, and Louie

He walked away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back