Hillary a Racist?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Hmmm... should I reconsider my support?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/22/AR2007122201762.html

It has unfolded mostly under the radar. But an important development in the 2008 Democratic battle may be the building backlash among African Americans over comments from associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton that could be construed as jabs at Sen. Barack Obama's race.

Man, I don't know. Pressing him on the drug thing is "racist"? Isn't that a concession that blacks are involved with drug sales? I like how this "report" basically repeats radical black sources and makes a story out of it. Like the National Islam thinks black people are being ground up into toothpaste, and that's all of a sudden "news." Hmmm...

Sure, as a non-Hillary supporter, I'll jump in to support her on this one. I thought the article was dumb. I felt the writer was jumping onto the bandwagon of "someone white who I don't like said something about a black person...how can I spin it to make them look racist?"

Hillary's minion was not stating that because Obama was black he must have been a drug dealer...and nowhere in his asinine statement was that implied. His statement was that because he had used drugs in the past, he was open to all manner of questions regarding that drug use...including whether or not he had ever sold drugs. And, considering that First Lady Laura Bush had to deal with such insinuations, I don't think that it is an racist question...a stupid and inappropriate question...but not a racist one.

I haven't seen evidence she's racist, but when she goes and talks to blacks in the south and adopts a very slow, dim-sounding (and poor) southern drawl, I'm sure she offends a lot of blacks. Yeah, she was quoting a song. She came across as a complete fool and offended some blacks. I don't think it was racist, but it wasn't smart.

Forum List

Back