Hilary Clinton hurt

Now THAT's what I call "breaking" news!

:lol:

I also heard Margaret Thatcher fell and broker her hip? You need to be very careful the older you get. Bones are brittle, skin is thinner, fat settles elsewhere (in all the wrong places). Yuk. I try to be careful but I'm still forever tripping over my cat!

Gonna be difficult since she has a very busy schedule. She is gonna need physical therapy most likely and not gonna be able to find enough time. And older women tend to have bone problems if they are not careful with diet and such.

She can keep it in a sling and do her job but she is gonna need to make time for therapy and doctor visits. She probably is not a happy camper.

Well no kiddin' on the "bone problems". Seems it has something to do with a loss of calcium IF you don't remember to supplement that. Now given that she an infinitely more demanding schedule than I did, I'm sure she isn't "happy", but you gotta put in the time if you expect a full recovery. So.... How much time do you think this broken elbow recovery should take? Or in other words, should she put the demanding schedule on hold long enough to recover, and if so, would a broken elbow surgery take longer than the surgery described above?

You're asking for a lot based on the info present. How is the elbow fractured? Is it fractured multiple times? What had to be done to repair it?

Ordinarily, your question is a no-brainer. The shoulder/rotator cuff is a FAR more delicate joint than the elbow. The elbow itself is two bones that perform a a singular motion retract or extend the forearm.

The shoulder is a lot more complicated and if the internal alignment isn't near perfect, blood flow and or the nerve that runs through the center of the apex created at the end of 3 bones can be cut off/damaged.

It is possible to immobilize the elbow until it heals. It is near impossible to immobilize the shoulder. If immobilized for too long and without therapy, then you have adhesions to deal with.

IF, she lightens her schedule enough make time for therapy, given her age, I'd guess 3 months max.

A shoulder can take from 6 months to a year to heal and done properly, another 3-6 months of therapy/exercise to regain it's strength.

Otherwise, I have no idea.:eusa_angel:

Thanks for clearin' it up for us!

Forum List

Back