Hilary Clinton hurt

Okay.... You want no politics or partisanship? She isn't that much older than I, and I had a 90% rotator cuff tear and bone spurs in the shoulder 2 years ago that, obviously, required surgery, and then PT. Six weeks was how long I was out of work. How much time you think this broken elbow recovery should take?

Last edited:
That sounds painful! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Okay.... You want no politics or partisanship? She isn't that much older than I, and I had a 90% rotator cuff tear and bones in the shoulder 2 years ago that, obviously, required surgery, and then PT. Six weeks was how long I was out of work. How much time you think this broken elbow recovery should take?

Gonna be difficult since she has a very busy schedule. She is gonna need physical therapy most likely and not gonna be able to find enough time. And older women tend to have bone problems if they are not careful with diet and such.

She can keep it in a sling and do her job but she is gonna need to make time for therapy and doctor visits. She probably is not a happy camper.

Okay.... You want no politics or partisanship? She isn't that much older than I, and I had a 90% rotator cuff tear and bone spurs in the shoulder 2 years ago that, obviously, required surgery, and then PT. Six weeks was how long I was out of work. How much time you think this broken elbow recovery should take?

Gonna be difficult since she has a very busy schedule. She is gonna need physical therapy most likely and not gonna be able to find enough time. And older women tend to have bone problems if they are not careful with diet and such.

She can keep it in a sling and do her job but she is gonna need to make time for therapy and doctor visits. She probably is not a happy camper.

Well no kiddin' on the "bone problems". Seems it has something to do with a loss of calcium IF you don't remember to supplement that. Now given that she an infinitely more demanding schedule than I did, I'm sure she isn't "happy", but you gotta put in the time if you expect a full recovery. So.... How much time do you think this broken elbow recovery should take? Or in other words, should she put the demanding schedule on hold long enough to recover, and if so, would a broken elbow surgery take longer than the surgery described above?

Well no kiddin' on the "bone problems". Seems it has something to do with a loss of calcium IF you don't remember to supplement that. Now given that she an infinitely more demanding schedule than I did, I'm sure she isn't "happy", but you gotta put in the time if you expect a full recovery. So.... How much time do you think this broken elbow recovery should take? Or in other words, should she put the demanding schedule on hold long enough to recover, and if so, would a broken elbow surgery take longer than the surgery described above?

I don't even 'play' a doctor, but a 'shattered' bone doesn't sound good, especially in someone above the age of puberty. I'm sure she'll have the best surgeons and such. Once she's out of 'pain' they can have the PT go with her and fit the therapy in would be my guess.

I don't even 'play' a doctor, but a 'shattered' bone doesn't sound good, especially in someone above the age of puberty. I'm sure she'll have the best surgeons and such. Once she's out of 'pain' they can have the PT go with her and fit the therapy in would be my guess.

Ya they will give her someone to do the PT and try to schedule it around her other things going on. I suspect it will take longer then say if you or I had it happen. I seriously doubt she is gonna stop working.

i hope they are able to pin it back but its always gonna give her trouble....a broken elbow.....is a broken funny bone...and 100x more painful.

Ya they will give her someone to do the PT and try to schedule it around her other things going on. I suspect it will take longer then say if you or I had it happen. I seriously doubt she is gonna stop working.

Now, I can't figure out whether you're saying she's gonna make time or she isn't.

Now, I can't figure out whether you're saying she's gonna make time or she isn't.

In her position the doctors and therapists will be with her, making the time when available. It's not like you and I, having to get rides to the various places. She'll be as 'fine' as they can make her.

Ouch. Hope everything turned out ok. I have a friend with a rotator cuff problem, he is afraid that he will have to quit work eventually with it.

She won't sit out an elbow fracture, she's the secretary of state.

In her position the doctors and therapists will be with her, making the time when available. It's not like you and I, having to get rides to the various places. She'll be as 'fine' as they can make her.

Yeah, I'm aware that RHIP, including all the best that the taxpayers' money can buy. It isn't as if she doesn't have staff to call on to get the job done though, is it? After directing them as to what to do? That's one of those "management qualities". Delegating.

Ouch. Hope everything turned out ok. I have a friend with a rotator cuff problem, he is afraid that he will have to quit work eventually with it.

She won't sit out an elbow fracture, she's the secretary of state.

Yes, everything turned out okay. Didn't even know about the rotator cuff, since the pain from the spurs was what was bothering me. But I'd suggest that the problem not be ignored since a small tear just developes into a larger tear eventually.

Oh, and "sitting out" doesn't necessarily mean not working....

I had one to. And I can't even do any strenuous activity without it cracking and popping. At least it doesn't hurt though.

You're asking for a lot based on the info present. How is the elbow fractured? Is it fractured multiple times? What had to be done to repair it?

Ordinarily, your question is a no-brainer. The shoulder/rotator cuff is a FAR more delicate joint than the elbow. The elbow itself is two bones that perform a a singular motion retract or extend the forearm.

The shoulder is a lot more complicated and if the internal alignment isn't near perfect, blood flow and or the nerve that runs through the center of the apex created at the end of 3 bones can be cut off/damaged.

It is possible to immobilize the elbow until it heals. It is near impossible to immobilize the shoulder. If immobilized for too long and without therapy, then you have adhesions to deal with.

IF, she lightens her schedule enough make time for therapy, given her age, I'd guess 3 months max.

A shoulder can take from 6 months to a year to heal and done properly, another 3-6 months of therapy/exercise to regain it's strength.

Otherwise, I have no idea.:eusa_angel:

Hillary Clinton fractures elbow in fall - Yahoo! News

This is not good. She is no young spring chicken, broken bones are serious stuff and this is worse then just a bone.

I hope the surgery works and she recovers full functionality.

Do me a favor all, keep politics and partisanship out of this thread.

Even bruising the elbow is one of the most painful experiences, ever. I can't imagine the pain when the bone is broken.

Forum List

Back