Hilarious! Santorum: Iran is a "Theocracy". Prefers secular type of Government? Huh?

R

rdean

When it comes to the separation of church and state, presidential hopeful Rick Santorum says John F. Kennedy got it all wrong.

When Kennedy was running for president in 1960, some voters worried that the Vatican could soon be running America. Anti-Catholic paranoia has thankfully cooled off since, and now Santorum is facing a much different playing field. While Catholics themselves may not be flocking to support him, Santorum's traditional Catholic values - and willingness to act on them politically - inspire the evangelical Christians that the broader GOP takes for granted.

Rick Santorum Challenges John F. Kennedy's Secular Promise

Santorum Supports State Right to Outlaw Contraception

Santorum Explains ’06 Loss, Still Supports State Right to Outlaw Contraception - ABC News

Rick Santorum's Top 10 Most Outrageous Campaign Statements

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxWHCKDPiM]Presidential hopeful Rick Santorum rejects JFK's separation of church and state - YouTube[/ame]

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have no mystical nor occult beliefs. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. Or Tinkerbell for that matter. Nothing superstitious. Not even astrology. Even though I look at my "sign" in the papers and read fortune cookies. It's fun. But I don't believe it's real.

To want to push magical beliefs onto me is something I will fight against. It's wrong. Period. I don't usually believe in absolutes. But this is one.

If that guy didn't put me to sleep he would scare me with those rationalizations for a Christian centered government.

If that guy didn't put me to sleep he would scare me with those rationalizations for a Christian centered government.

Don't sell him short. A lot of right wingers like him and his message of God and hate.

I liked last night when Santorum was telling us how much Iranian civilians love the US. I believe that just as I believe they especially love US political hacks who specialize in anti-Iran propaganda and can't stop insisting we bomb them.

The funny thing about that is he repeated that meme in today's debate as to why military action was necessary against Iran.

Then went on to say that President Obama is a secular President and unfit to lead the nation because of that.

I liked last night when Santorum was telling us how much Iranian civilians love the US. I believe that just as I believe they especially love US political hacks who specialize in anti-Iran propaganda and can't stop insisting we bomb them.

Iranians love Americans. They are as fun loving as we are..what they hate is American government. Like most people in most nations..they are patriotic. And they don't like to be messed with by invaders.

I see that you have no idea what a theocratic government is. You simply don't know.

You all can fix this. LEARN.

Iranians love Americans. They are as fun loving as we are..what they hate is American government. Like most people in most nations..they are patriotic. And they don't like to be messed with by invaders.

:eusa_clap:

Agreed although I'm certain Santorum was referring to the US gov since he was trying to rip Obama for the US gov supposedly leaving pro-US Iranian protesters high and dry in 2009. I'm not a fan of Obama by any stretch, but I personally believe potentially replicating the US-led overthrow of Iran's democratically elected government in '53 is something I don't want Rick Santorum making the call on lol

Sometimes I wish I was in the debate audience so I could ask Rick Santorum questions.

"Santorum after you get done bombing Iran are you going to apologize on behalf of the US for our Navy's shooting down Iran Air Flight 655 killing 290 civilians in 1988?"

"Santorum be honest; how fast would you overthrow the Saudi Royal Family if they were to stop trading Saudi petro in USDs?"

"Santorum if the Iranian Oil Bourse were to agree trade in USDs, would you pledge to continue going full-retard with your rants about bombing Iran?"

"Santorum does it weird out your wife when you start wondering aloud about Ahmadinejad's intriguingly homophobic bad boy persona?"

Don't sell him short. A lot of right wingers like him and his message of God and hate.
....And, Family Values.....​

"Speaking at a boarding school in New Hampshire on Friday, Santorum cited an unnamed “anti-poverty expert” to claim that children are better off having a parent in prison who abandoned them than having two same-sex parents."

I see that you have no idea what a theocratic government is. You simply don't know.

You all can fix this. LEARN.

Uh, why don't you take a few minutes and "enlighten" us?

This is something you need to learn on your own. Otherwise you would use erroneous and totally false arguments to support your points and learn nothing.

Santorum was right though. A state should have the power to outlaw contraception if that state wishes to do so. It should have the right to make available whatever form of contraception the citizens of that state want to have available. He was completely correct. This is not a matter for the federal government.

We are closer to a theocracy now, with obama worship than any time in our history or ever contemplated by previous generations right back to our founders.

That's a clue. Maybe you will enlighten yourself as you figure it out.

Maybe you need to put a little-more-effort into finding-out.....FOR SURE!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JPosCyCho&feature=related]Iranian Youth Ditch Oppressive Islam - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back