Hilarious - GOP begs for Stimulus Money

R

rdean

Anti-Stimulus Lawmakers Fought For Funds, Report Says

Dozens of Republicans who strongly touted their opposition to the 2009 Recovery Act have nonetheless quietly made requests for stimulus money, according to a report by the Center for Public Integrity.

The report finds that leading members of Congress -- including Rep. Pete Sessions, Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, former presidential candidates John McCain and Ron Paul, and Tea Party favorites Michele Bachmann and Sen. Scott Brown - have discreetly requested stimulus funds despite their public opposition to the initiative.

Anti-Stimulus Lawmakers Fought For Funds, Report Says - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

In a letter to Obama that was read on the cable news channel, Mack described the bill as being full of “earmarks, pork-driven projects and liberal-spending programs.”

Other Florida Republicans, who warned that the stimulus plan was part of a tax-and-spend culture in Washington, D.C., that would bankrupt the nation, shared Mack’s view. They cited that belief in casting votes against the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in January 2009.

But seven months later, Mack wrote a letter to the U.S. Department of Transportation asking for $29 million in stimulus funds to improve railroad infrastructure in his district.

Through a spokesperson, Mack defended his apparent double standard on stimulus spending.

“Congressman Mack will always fight for his district’s growing infrastructure needs,” said Stephanie DuBois, Mack’s press secretary

GOP Congressmen Criticize Stimulus, Ask for Money | WUSF Public Media

BUT I THOUGHT IT DIDN'T CREATE ONE NEW JOB???????????

So? If Republicans don't take any of the money does that mean that people in their districts don't have to be responsible for paying for the 800 billion dollar slush fund? If republican districts have to pay the debt voted in by democrats, then they may as well help themselves to the loot.

Democrats who voted for stimulus are campaigning against stimulus.

They're also campaigning against 0bamacare....

Some Democrats are Conservative. They applaud moving American jobs to China the same way Republicans applaud the move.

Just because there are no liberals in the Republican Party, doesn't mean there are no conservatives in the Democratic Party. That's because the Democrats are a party of coalitions.

What this does prove is the Republican lie that this stimulus didn't create any jobs is just that - lies. They are good at that.

Lie about jobs here, but send jobs to China. And their base eats it up.

When I was in the service, we used to say, "WETSU SIR". Stands for "We eat this shit up".

Well, that's the Republican base. Their leaders squeeze every single cent they can squeeze out of this country, they move jobs overseas and their base says, "WETSU".

So? If Republicans don't take any of the money does that mean that people in their districts don't have to be responsible for paying for the 800 billion dollar slush fund? If republican districts have to pay the debt voted in by democrats, then they may as well help themselves to the loot.

Exactly. The money is going to be spent one way or another. Why should Republicans who were against passing the bill, have to not take any of the money from it now that it did pass.

We are all going to have to Pay it back. And since RDean likes to point out the Republicans are all rich, then he knows that they will be Paying the lions share of it back anyways.

Nice try Deano

What's hilarious is that you are attacking the GOP rather than kicking all corrupt politicians to the curb and encouraging all parties to cut spending.

You should read the Republican's letters. They such such things as, "Improving the railway will attract business and jobs" and "Building up broadband will make us competitive and attract jobs" and "building bridges will connect communities and create jobs".

What is wrong with you guys? Have you lost all your common sense? Are you stuck on stupid? What else could it be?

What's hilarious is that you are attacking the GOP rather than kicking all corrupt politicians to the curb and encouraging all parties to cut spending.

Bringing jobs and building your community's infrastructure is "corruption"? I don't know about you, but I like the idea of safe bridges and good roads. And while you are at it, how about some new railways. You know, fast trains like the Chinese have.

Why do Republicans like to invest in China? Investing in America is corruption and investing in China is a wise investment? Is that what you are saying?

Wow, someone assigned me an Avatar. I thought that was against the rules. I wonder what else they did? I guess the rules don't apply to liberals.

The stimulus is working but truth doesnt play well with the republican base.

The R candidates like to go to their best tactic, lying.

Democrats who voted for stimulus or Obamacare are marxists.

And republicans that are begging for funding from both those programs while actively campaigning against them are what?

Add in..most of the same culprits are also looking for "ear marks" for their states..while campaigning against them for other states.

Since the Dems were gonna run up the debt anyway, the GOP Senators were right to get the best deal for their constituents.... at least that way, they got something for their money (at least in theory).

Mindless politicing by the OP is SOP.

The stimulus is working but truth doesnt play well with the republican base.

The R candidates like to go to their best tactic, lying.

Well yeah..basically.

And you don't hear one of them saying anything about the Deficit actually going down from 2009 to 2010.

Since the Dems were gonna run up the debt anyway, the GOP Senators were right to get the best deal for their constituents.... at least that way, they got something for their money (at least in theory).

Yea, it was the Democrats. And your hair really is naturally blond.

It's ok to fiscally irresponsible since dems are doing it too.

-Is that the gist of it?

There is no hypocrisy here. They are all in the same gang of looters. When the faction that would prefer to rob other gangs is outvoted by the faction that would prefer to rob banks, then so be it, they all still get a portion of the loot when all is said and done.

Yea, it was the Democrats. And your hair really is naturally blond.

Since it was gonna happen, with or without the support of the GOP, they did absolutely the right thing. They did their best to get some shit for their constituents. That is not hard to understand.

And, yea, my hair is naturally blond. And, my eyes are naturally blue. I think other people's interest in my private life, and my physical appearance is a clue as to how fucking moronic that individual is. But that's just my opinion, albeit one based on evidence.

Democrats who voted for stimulus or Obamacare are marxists.

And republicans that are begging for funding from both those programs while actively campaigning against them are what?

Add in..most of the same culprits are also looking for "ear marks" for their states..while campaigning against them for other states.

Let's see if we can put this in terms that you can understand..

Let's envision a couple.. we'll call them Bobby and Mary.

Bobby and Mary had no groceries so they borrowed $300.00 from Mary's dad. Bobby and Mary go to the grocery store with the $300.00 dollars in hand but can't come to an agreement on what food they need to buy. Mary wanted to buy a lot of chicken and vegetables to put in the freezer, but Bobby wants to buy steak and invite his friends to a cook-out. Mary says no, we had to borrow this money and we don't need to waste it and then heads over to price the chicken. Meanwhile, Bobby grabs $300.00 worth of steak and beer and heads to the checkout. By the time Mary gets to the checkout, it's too late to stop Bobby's purchase. Mary is quite pissed about it and reminds him that she thought it was stupid to waste their loan that way, but realizes that since all their money is tied up in Bobby's purchase, and she still has to pay her dad the $300.00 that they borrowed, she may as well try to enjoy the steak.

Did that make it easier?

Forum List

Back