Hilarious Glenn Beck Clip

The boyo appears to be high on something.

He might be. Doesn't change the fact that he's one hundred percent dead on about this one, and it gave me a good laugh.

Yes he was dead on...er...uh....I mean spot on. And he was not high on anything. He is a recovering alcoholic and one that is a great role model for others that suffer the disease.

No he doesnt.

He is that goofy all the time?

I don't watch the show, I just see random clips of him from time to time. It depends on what he's talking about but he has his goofy moments, from what I've seen.

I might start watching. I don't like all of his positions, he doesn't seem very genuine or consistant but, there has been some good information trickling from the show lately, so I've heard.

Well he is as theatrical as a flaming gay fashion interior decorator.

But the could not even get some words out.

Perhaps he switched to pills instead of alc?

Ahh yes Alcohol addiction is a disease, but meth heads are just drug addicts.

I never said that.
Read up on the 12 step program of recovery.
Drug addiction is most certainly a disease.
Actually, the disease is the addictive personality...many have it and dont even know it. They find out they have it once they try a drug or alcohol.

He might be. Doesn't change the fact that he's one hundred percent dead on about this one, and it gave me a good laugh.

Yes he was dead on...er...uh....I mean spot on. And he was not high on anything. He is a recovering alcoholic and one that is a great role model for others that suffer the disease.
Now, it's time-for-him to MAN-UP....for a change....

The THROW-DOWN HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!!

HERE

Last edited:

I never said that.
Actually, the disease is the addictive personality...many have it and dont even know it. They find out they have it once they try a drug or alcohol.

I think it is mainly a genetic thing.

here is one benetic factor:

Variation In Bitter-Taste Receptor Gene Increases Risk For Alcoholism
ScienceDaily (Jan. 10, 2006) — A team of researchers, led by investigators at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, has found that a gene variant for a bitter-taste receptor on the tongue is associated with an increased risk for alcohol dependence. The research team studied DNA samples from 262 families, all of which have at least three alcoholic individuals. The families are participating in a national study called the Collaborative Study of the Genetics of Alcoholism (COGA). COGA investigators report in the January issue of the American Journal of Human Genetics on the variation in a taste receptor gene on chromosome 7 called TAS2R16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Also:
Health & Medicine
•Personalized Medicine
•Genes
•Gene Therapy
Mind & Brain
•Alcoholism
•Addiction
•Racial Issues
Reference
•Taste bud
•Vector (biology)
•Introduction to genetics
•Olfaction
"In earlier work, we had identified chromosome 7 as a region where there was likely to be a gene influencing alcoholism risk," says principal investigator Alison M. Goate, D. Phil., the Samuel and Mae S. Ludwig Professor of Genetics in Psychiatry at Washington University. "There's a cluster of bitter-taste receptor genes on that chromosome, and there have been several papers suggesting drinking behaviors might be influenced by variations within taste receptors. So we decided to look closely at these taste receptor genes."

Because taste receptors tend to vary a lot in the general population, Goate and colleagues had the opportunity to look at a large number of differences in genetic sequences and determine whether certain sequences might influence risk. In this study, they concentrated on TAS2R16, which helps regulate the response to bitter tastes.

They found a single base variation in the TAS2R16 receptor gene that seemed to put people at an increased risk for alcoholism. In cell culture experiments, Goate found that the variant receptor produced by this gene was less responsive to bitter compounds.

"The more common variant is more sensitive to bitter tastes, and people with that variant had a lower risk of being alcohol dependent," Goate says.

Variation In Bitter-taste Receptor Gene Increases Risk For Alcoholism

So alcoholics tend to be more tasteless.

Some tell me that alcohol is tasteless. It tastes like horrible to me and spoils the taste fo food consumed with it.

I never said that.

I think it is mainly a genetic thing.

here is one benetic factor:

Variation In Bitter-Taste Receptor Gene Increases Risk For Alcoholism
ScienceDaily (Jan. 10, 2006) — A team of researchers, led by investigators at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, has found that a gene variant for a bitter-taste receptor on the tongue is associated with an increased risk for alcohol dependence. The research team studied DNA samples from 262 families, all of which have at least three alcoholic individuals. The families are participating in a national study called the Collaborative Study of the Genetics of Alcoholism (COGA). COGA investigators report in the January issue of the American Journal of Human Genetics on the variation in a taste receptor gene on chromosome 7 called TAS2R16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Also:
Health & Medicine
•Personalized Medicine
•Genes
•Gene Therapy
Mind & Brain
•Alcoholism
•Addiction
•Racial Issues
Reference
•Taste bud
•Vector (biology)
•Introduction to genetics
•Olfaction
"In earlier work, we had identified chromosome 7 as a region where there was likely to be a gene influencing alcoholism risk," says principal investigator Alison M. Goate, D. Phil., the Samuel and Mae S. Ludwig Professor of Genetics in Psychiatry at Washington University. "There's a cluster of bitter-taste receptor genes on that chromosome, and there have been several papers suggesting drinking behaviors might be influenced by variations within taste receptors. So we decided to look closely at these taste receptor genes."

Because taste receptors tend to vary a lot in the general population, Goate and colleagues had the opportunity to look at a large number of differences in genetic sequences and determine whether certain sequences might influence risk. In this study, they concentrated on TAS2R16, which helps regulate the response to bitter tastes.

They found a single base variation in the TAS2R16 receptor gene that seemed to put people at an increased risk for alcoholism. In cell culture experiments, Goate found that the variant receptor produced by this gene was less responsive to bitter compounds.

"The more common variant is more sensitive to bitter tastes, and people with that variant had a lower risk of being alcohol dependent," Goate says.

Variation In Bitter-taste Receptor Gene Increases Risk For Alcoholism

So alcoholics tend to be more tasteless.

Some tell me that alcohol is tasteless. It tastes like horrible to me and spoils the taste fo food consumed with it.

interesting research and no doubt accurate...

However, drug addiction as well as alcohol addiction has been found to certainly be directly linked to those with addictive personlaities...and it is quite possible that the info yuou provided is what causes those addictive personalities..

And both have been labeled as diseases by the medical community...and are deemed as life long diseases that can be controlled but not cured.

No he doesnt.

He is that goofy all the time?

Yes. That is what makes him a great entertainer.

He has a very comical approach. And looking at his ratings, it works for him.
Yeah.....it's quite the lil' coup they've got goin'!!!!!

nettrust.JPG

-16!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

Forum List

Back