Hightower- GOP is the party.......animals..

AmericasBrave58

Retired USN Nurse(Vietnam
Dec 31, 2009
Seattle,Washington
Hightower: GOP Is the Party That Thinks Helping the Poor and Hungry Is Like Feeding 'Stray Animals' | | AlterNet

:( That's par for the course!!! So this, is how the GOP treats the poor people in this nation.Do they throw them a Big Bone, like a dog,and then kick them to the curb?.It appears to me that they have as much respect, for a poor person, as they do for animals, which is ZERO!!!!Respect. They kick them to the curb!!! with crumbs!!!:mad: and expect them to survive and to respect the GOP?:cuckoo: This party is to proud, to admit their errors .

Last edited:
Hightower is a shameless party man hack.

On guy in South Carolina is not the entirety of the GOP, which is chock full of welfare state apologists.

This one was, to steal the phrase, a hoot:
But here's the real punch line: The need for food stamps has been soaring as more and more Americans are falling out of the middle class into poverty. From 2000 to 2008, 5 million more were added to the poverty rolls, and that was before the economic collapse of the last two years. In fact, check this out Andre, and laugh if you feel like it: About 6 million Americans today are living entirely on food stamps...

Uh-huh....Taking that at face value, is that supposed to be some kind of evidence of the success of the welfare state?

:( Sad to say, a lot of the poor in this country were not poor in the beginning, they were forced to stand in the soup lines, and go to food banks, and those sources of food are getting skinny, and not much food to hand out, for lack of donations. They loose their jobs, their homes and their very lively hood. To me that is a royal slap in the face, for those who once had a life. Even tho i have my Disable Vets check, i still have to pinch pennies, but not as bad as those who have nothing.

I do think that welfare is liking feeding a wild animal because once that wild animal believes that the only source of food comes from the master that animal never turns against his master. That is why you don't see animals attack their owners in those 'when animals attack videos'.

It simply a way to domesticate US citizens because the human animal has the same needs for food and shelter as any other lower animal so the effect is the same. Just look at how many welfare states vote for the biggest welfare creators.

Last edited:

On guy in South Carolina is not the entirety of the GOP, which is chock full of welfare state apologists.

But here's the real punch line: The need for food stamps has been soaring as more and more Americans are falling out of the middle class into poverty. From 2000 to 2008, 5 million more were added to the poverty rolls, and that was before the economic collapse of the last two years. In fact, check this out Andre, and laugh if you feel like it: About 6 million Americans today are living entirely on food stamps...

Uh-huh....Taking that at face value, is that supposed to be some kind of evidence of the success of the welfare state?

Kind of like one office of Acorn?

When it comes to the issues I don't think conservatives and liberals are that different when it comes to what they want. I think the differences are in how we see the path to get there.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hightower: GOP Is the Party That Thinks Helping the Poor and Hungry Is Like Feeding 'Stray Animals' | | AlterNet

:( That's par for the course!!! So this, is how the GOP treats the poor people in this nation.Do they throw them a Big Bone, like a dog,and then kick them to the curb?.It appears to me that they have as much respect, for a poor person, as they do for animals, which is ZERO!!!!Respect. They kick them to the curb!!! with crumbs!!!:mad: and expect them to survive and to respect the GOP?:cuckoo: This party is to proud, to admit their errors .

As opposed to Democrats who tell people they cannot succeed without gov't programs, making them dependent on the system in exchange for votes.
No, Dums will never win in the compassion argument. Every major school system has been controlled by Democrats for 40 years. Every major school system is a failure.
Every major urban area has been controlled by Democrats for 40 years. All of them are budgetary messes and filled with crime and corruption.
Everythign Democrats have controlled has gotten worse, not better. They have made people poor and kept them there. How is that "compassionate"??:cuckoo:

As opposed to Democrats who tell people they cannot succeed without gov't programs, making them dependent on the system in exchange for votes.
No, Dums will never win in the compassion argument. Every major school system has been controlled by Democrats for 40 years. Every major school system is a failure.
Every major urban area has been controlled by Democrats for 40 years. All of them are budgetary messes and filled with crime and corruption.
Everythign Democrats have controlled has gotten worse, not better. They have made people poor and kept them there. How is that "compassionate"??:cuckoo:

Does any liberal know what they are going to do to make those jobs come back to America?

If you do, please explain it to us. I am eager to learn. Until the liberals can explain this "New" plan I think they need to pipe down and do some studying on what is causing all these jobs to disappear and end up in foreign lands.

Liberals, I am waiting....

Until our production of manufactured goods and natural resources and crops for export equal our imports of manufactured goods and natural resources and crops, our country will continue to go into debt to foreign lands. What to do about that????

Does any liberal know what they are going to do to make those manufacturing jobs come back to America?

Damn, I'd love to see an original idea that is workable from the "Liberals of America."

"Liberals of America" = Dumber than shit and they don't have a clue about what is going on in America of anywhere else for that matter.

When it comes to the issues I don't think conservatives and liberals are that different when it comes to what they want. I think the differences are in how we see the path to get there.

Amanda, just so the educated people of this board will not think that you are stupid, "What is the program to bring the manufacturing jobs back to America????"

I have been waiting for Liberals to present a program, but not one had offered one.

Did they receive aid when they needed it? If so, then that would be evidence of success.

Amanda, just so the educated people of this board will not think that you are stupid, "What is the program to bring the manufacturing jobs back to America????"

I have been waiting for Liberals to present a program, but not one had offered one.

They will subsidize failing industries and tax successful ones.

Did they receive aid when they needed it? If so, then that would be evidence of success.
After fifty years of Great Society programs failing to change the percentage of Americans living in poverty, "did they receive aid when they needed it" is the best you can come up with??

Wooooah Nellie! :lol:

After fifty years of Great Society programs failing to change the percentage of Americans living in poverty, "did they receive aid when they needed it" is the best you can come up with??

Wooooah Nellie! :lol:

I didn't realize receiving aid would eliminate poverty. Thanks for the enlightenment. I guess when I retire and receive SS I can look forward to suddenly becoming young otherwise SS fails...

When a program is designed to ensure a minimum quality of life and it does then it succeeds. If you see that as a failure then take it up with your representative and explain to him or her why.

Yes, it ensures a minimum quality of life. And it assures that the minimum will continue indefinitely and become the maximum. That is the problem.

Yes, it ensures a minimum quality of life. And it assures that the minimum will continue indefinitely and become the maximum. That is the problem.

And yet it isn't reflected in the growth of household income in the top 10%. How come?

And yet it isn't reflected in the growth of household income in the top 10%. How come?

It isn't reflected in the number of young Black males incarcerated.
Actually it is.
Congrats for non-sequitur of the week post.

Actually it is.

Are you attempting a non-sequitur? Why did you duck addressing your original point? You stated that the minimum will become the maximum and yet over the past 50 years the household income of the top 10% has grown at a faster rate than anyone else. This wouldn't be true if 'the minimum were becoming the maximum' would it. I suspect you know this to be true which is why you ducked addressing it....

Actually it is.

Are you attempting a non-sequitur? Why did you duck addressing your original point? You stated that the minimum will become the maximum and yet over the past 50 years the household income of the top 10% has grown at a faster rate than anyone else. This wouldn't be true if 'the minimum were becoming the maximum' would it. I suspect you know this to be true which is why you ducked addressing it....

You are either really thick or being obtuse.
For people in lower income circumstances their chances of success out of those circumstances are lessened, not heightened, by the presence of such poverty programs.
The rate of poverty was decreasing in this country until the Great Society came along. But with little incentive to get out of the minimum most people just stay there.

Actually it is.

You are either really thick or being obtuse.
For people in lower income circumstances their chances of success out of those circumstances are lessened, not heightened, by the presence of such poverty programs.
The rate of poverty was decreasing in this country until the Great Society came along. But with little incentive to get out of the minimum most people just stay there.

You made that remark, I didn't. Don't accuse me of being obtuse for specifically addressing what you said. Poverty today stands at about 12%. When the 'great society' programs were initiated it was closer to 20%. If you are going to assert that it would have declined to below what it is today if not for assistance then you are going to base that assertion on what??? Not history.

Stop accusing others of being obtuse when you wouldn't have an argument without it...

New Topics

Forum List

Back