Highest Paid Hollywood Actors 2005

Holy crap, I never would've thought Will Ferrell was making more money than Johnney Depp!

Dan said:
Holy crap, I never would've thought Will Ferrell was making more money than Johnney Depp!
well when he takes every script that is sent to him its hard not too

Now that's not fair, I thought Anchorman was one of the greatest comedies of... 2004, 2005? Whenever it came out. And I heard Elf was pretty good, although I never watched it.

I only see two who I would pay to see...Will Smith and Denzel Washington!

Semper Fi said:
Racist...
doesnt work like that. now if he said he was only going to see tom cruise and adam sandler then that would be racist... :afro:
and as a black man i take offense to that :laugh:

Johnney said:
doesnt work like that. now if he said he was only going to see tom cruise and adam sandler then that would be racist... :afro:
and as a black man i take offense to that :laugh:

As a white conservative Christian male I take offense to affirmative action and "equal" opportunity.

I like 6/15 of the list, and usually make a point to see the movies they're in, because they usually make it worth seeing, even if the movie itself isn't that good.

2. Johnny Depp-great in every movie
3. Ray Romano-all-around funny
4. Will Smith-i love his dead-pan sarcasm/humor
5. Tobey Maguire-I like his style
7. Denzel Washington-great actor who doesn't allow himself to be typecast
8. Adam Sandler-ok, i have a sick sense of humor.

the rest, i may see a movie that they are in, but not because THEY themselves are in it.

Denzel should be higher on that list. I could listen to dude recite the phone book and be totally enthralled.

Will Ferrell at the top of that list? I don't get it. Dude is funny, but not top actor in hollywood funny.

Shaggy said:
Denzel should be higher on that list. I could listen to dude recite the phone book and be totally enthralled.

Will Ferrell at the top of that list? I don't get it. Dude is funny, but not top actor in hollywood funny.

Welcome to the board, Shaggy. Hope you will enjoy the give and take that goes on here.

Don't take this as a put-down, but the list is of HIGHEST PAID Hollywood actors/actresses for 2005, not TOP ACTORS. Will Ferrell was probably in a lot of films last year to account for his earning more money. I had a hard time believing that Tobey Maguire made more money last year than Tom Cruise or Denzil Washington, but evidently he did.

Semper Fi said:
As a white conservative Christian male I take offense to affirmative action and "equal" opportunity.

Do you think Will Smith and Denzel Washington got where they are through affirmative action?

Somehow I don't think that's what drives the entertainment industry.

Tobey's on there for Spiderman 3, which I'm assuming he was paid for this past year. Or if he has a backend deal for the first 2 movies, he probably made a boatload on that, too.

I'm still blown away by Ray Romano, though. What did he make so much for, the show? I just never saw him or his show making Friends or Seinfeld money.

Dan said:
I'm still blown away by Ray Romano, though. What did he make so much for, the show? I just never saw him or his show making Friends or Seinfeld money.

Ray is in Ice Age 1 & now 2, which might have something to do with it. Not only that, ELR was still being produced up until last year. Seinfeld and Friends quit their greedy show years before. Not that that was any big loss, IMO. I always thought ELR was funnier and a show I (and many more other married men and women) could relate to (my MIL can be A LOT like Marie at times). I can't relate to any of the characters or situations on Seinfeld or Friends. I still watch the syndicated ELR shows each night before bed.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Ray is in Ice Age 1 & now 2, which might have something to do with it. Not only that, ELR was still being produced up until last year. Seinfeld and Friends quit their greedy show years before. Not that that was any big loss, IMO. I always thought ELR was funnier and a show I (and many more other married men and women) could relate to (my MIL can be A LOT like Marie at times). I can't relate to any of the characters or situations on Seinfeld or Friends. I still watch the syndicated ELR shows each night before bed.

Good points, Fuzzy. ELR has a much broader age appeal than Friends. Not sure where Seinfeld fits in to that equation. I always enjoyed it, but then I grew up in NYC. I always wondered how people in rural areas, etc., would relate to it.

Forum List

Back