Higher Taxes or Unemployment (pick one)

Neither, cut spending .....

Wrong answer! Can't be solved with spending cuts alone.

If we don't raise taxes, people will lose their jobs. Either that or we go further into debt to avoid 20% unemployment.

I say we raise taxes....on the rich. And by the way, Obama's already doing that.

And don't let the Republicans cry that the worst thing to do is raise taxes during a recession, because those tax breaks don't expire until 2011. We should be out of this recession by then, right?

Remember, we are all in this together.

And maybe next time we won't vote for people who only represent the top 10% wealthiest of us.

Do not forget that in the last 8 years, the rich got richer. This is a new Guilded Age. The Robber Baron's are back.

I say we Nationalize the banks now and then later sell them to people who are responsible and not greedy pricks.

Yes, it can be solved by spending cuts. But since when does the government want to give up power? Even Emanuel said to never let a crisis go without it being exploited.

The problem originated from too much spending and inflation by Bush, and it's not going to be solved by more of the same from Obama. If taxes and spending are not cut, and substantially, on all people, we will be in for some hard times.

When I was making very close to $100K, it was shocking to see how much they take out in taxes. Hell, I make $75k now and they take out too much.

Did you hear starting in April, 95% of us will see about $80 a week or month in our paychecks? That Obama is good!!!

It is important to know that they will only be taxed more on every dollar over $250K. So if they make $260K, they'll pay a little more on the extra $10K.

It's nothing really. But when you take the person that makes $1 million a year, it adds up. Then there are the guys who make $20 million a year.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? We aren't paying our bills. Either their taxes go up or yours do. You decide.

I'll go for plan C: cut the government in half.

But the bankers have gotten too powerful and out of control. Do you need any more proof of that? So if our government doesn't reign in the bankers, who will?

You want to cut your own government's power in half and leave the bankers along? :cuckoo:

Typical dumb fuck American voter on desplay ladies and gentlemen.

Since when does a government need a $3.5 trillion budget to reign in bankers? That can be handled by judges. The biggest fraud bankers commit is aided by the Federal Reserve anyway, and it's called fractional-reserve banking. Time to arrest Ben Bernanke and Alan Greenspan?

Forum List

Back