Higher education now free in Germany

Higher education is already free for those qualified. It's called scholarships.
you have to earn a scholarship and apply for them

fucking idiot
Oh the irony!
what's ironic about the fact you don't know this simple fact?

you're talking about free (from tax dollars) then use a capitalist version of earning money for college as proof free (paid with tax dollars) already exist.

It's not often an op proves himself wrong

oh yeah it's free alright. the people pay what 80% of their pay to the government in taxes?

and thinknoprogress is unhappy they should pack up and move to Germany. see ya bye
These are their findings. In each country, the wage earner takes home the following proportion of his or her salary.

• Italy - 50.59% (takes home $202,360 out of $400,000 salary)
  • India - 54.90%
  • United Kingdom - 57.28%
  • France - 58.10%
  • Canada - 58.13%
  • Japan - 58.68%
  • Australia - 59.30%
  • United States - 60.45% (based on New York state tax)
  • Germany - 60.61%

Uh, nobody takes home their pay.......it goes straight to Der Deutsche Bank and when the government takes out their cut and your rent is paid you get what's left.

Higher education is already free for those qualified. It's called scholarships.
you have to earn a scholarship and apply for them

fucking idiot
Oh the irony!
what's ironic about the fact you don't know this simple fact?

you're talking about free (from tax dollars) then use a capitalist version of earning money for college as proof free (paid with tax dollars) already exist.

It's not often an op proves himself wrong
If I have to explain, then I'm just wasting my time.

If you're not smart enough to win a scholarship or figure out a way to put yourself through college, you don't belong there.

Read that a few times until it sinks in.

I saw plenty of rich kids who showed up on daddy's dime who didn't make it beyond the first semester or year. Having someone else pay for your classes doesn't count for credit when they start passing out the exams.

6ddd658df1e3445fe5842051d6f3fcc4.jpg

If you're not smart enough to win a scholarship or figure out a way to put yourself through college, you don't belong there.

Read that a few times until it sinks in.

I saw plenty of rich kids who showed up on daddy's dime who didn't make it beyond the first semester or year. Having someone else pay for your classes doesn't count for credit when they start passing out the exams.

6ddd658df1e3445fe5842051d6f3fcc4.jpg

The way I see it, is the more educated your society is = the better off it is. A big problem with the third world is it is a uneducated shit hole.

Sometimes society should invest within its self.

^^^
I see your point but there are a lot of history and gender studies graduates out there right now who are not making society better off. That is, any better than anyone else who is waiting tables and serving drinks. Our local wing joint employs quite a few. They are morbidly amusing to listen to. They still labor under the illusion that they should have great jobs making great money because they are "educated".

'Society' doesn't go to college. Individuals do. Not the collective. It doesn't take a village to educate an individual. It takes an individual to develop the talent they have. College is not always the proper choice depending on your skill set. That's where our society hurts young people. We shove it in their heads from day one they have to go to college to be successful. If they don't go or finish, society sees them as a lower class and they see themselves as less than successful.

It takes brains and determination to get through college. If you have both, nothing will stop you from getting your degree nor any further goal. Crying victim won't alter that real world fact.

Here's an example of how our young people get taken to the cleaners by "higher education". This is advice on how to choose your major. Notice getting a job when you graduate or making society a better place isn't mentioned.

How to Choose a Major
Take courses in areas that appeal to you, and then think about which subject truly motivates you. Stephanie Balmer, dean of admissions at Dickinson College, suggests you take “classes in which you’re going to be confident, but at the same time, take some risks.” She notes that a class you never planned to take could end up helping you choose your major."

The College Major What It Is and How to Choose One

The universities are businesses that operate in La La Land. The administrators and professors can spend their well paid lives in an isolated bubble of theory. A tyrannical place where as a professor, you can degrade or banish anyone who disagrees with you. Can you imagine what that kind of atmosphere would do to your mind after 20 or 30 years?

The universities of our country operate in a weird atmosphere where you get paid but your results don't matter. Is it any wonder most Leftists come from the unaccountable faculty lounge?

And some want the tax payers to make this experience "free".

Last edited:
Knowing the Germans, I'm sure they're not giving away a "free" four year party to any teenager. I'd wager the "free" tuition is only for highly qualified applicants to apply themselves in a vigorous course of study.

Forum List

Back