Higher Education Bill in Congress - PASSED

Bingo. By this reckoning? Most college students aren't getting what they paid for.
Not necessarily. It would depend on the individual prof at any university. Academic freedom is still guarded ferociously by faculty.
Evil faculty circus peanut eating members. :eusa_whistle:
LMAO. They're like soma, I tell ya. And circus peanuts are slipped into the diets of unsuspecting freshmen during orientation. It makes the indoctrination run so much more smoothly.

Not necessarily. It would depend on the individual prof at any university. Academic freedom is still guarded ferociously by faculty.
LMAO. They're like soma, I tell ya. And circus peanuts are slipped into the diets of unsuspecting freshmen during orientation. It makes the indoctrination run so much more smoothly.

*Shines spotlight on Si. You aren't one of those pod circus peanut people are you? :eusa_eh:

I agree. I'm sick of education. We want our children uneducated. Who needs it? Can a Republican name a single good thing that ever came from education?

Stating that the federal government has no business in the business of regulating and funding the education of the respective states, is not the same thing as being against education. Not even close. Is that the best you can do, in making an argument?

Can you make a point that isn't laced with partisan hack sauce? Your noodles are way overcooked.

Well stated. I am not against education of any sort. I am however against the Federal government camel's nose under the tent where it doesn't belong in a Local/State issue.

Bingo. By this reckoning? Most college students aren't getting what they paid for.

Most students are getting exactly what they paid for. America has the strongest science and engineering programs in the world, and these programs still attract the brightest students from around the world. Those educated in American schools of science and engineering are in demand across the globe.

If a student chooses to focus his studies on the humanities, he knows exactly what he is sacrificing.

Last edited:
Yeah, those evil 'Christian colleges' like Notre Dame, the Loyolas, Seton Hall, Gonzaga, Boston College, etc. They really suck. ;)

Uh, gee, I hate to break it to ya sparky, but I said "most" and not "all".

Besides, can you even count "Catholic" colleges when they actively promote the sciences, including, get this, "EVOLUTION"? Comment?
You might actually post something coherent and relevant if you stopped all your frothing generalizations about Republicans and/or Christians. Your generalizations are just so easy to refute. Maybe you might learn; maybe not. But rest assured you continue to open the door for making yourself look the fool so often.

And why the fuck would I even comment on evolution? You are well aware (assuming you can read threads in which you participate) of any views I have on that matter (pay attention or put your bong down - don't post like a dishonest buffoon).

Possibly you are not aware that a university can't even get a ranking of "tier four" unless they teach evolution. You see, "evolution" really is a "science" as opposed to "magical creation" which is ancient "Marvel Comics".

Without evolution, they can't even get an accreditation. As well it should be.

Christian College Denied Accreditation | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

*Shines spotlight on Si. You aren't one of those pod circus peanut people are you? :eusa_eh:
Ahem. Pods? I have no idea what you mean. Nope, nothing at all. ;) Nothing to see here, folks. Move right along.

*now runs to basement to make sure the growing light is still on

Last edited:

Besides, can you even count "Catholic" colleges when they actively promote the sciences, including, get this, "EVOLUTION"? Comment?
You might actually post something coherent and relevant if you stopped all your frothing generalizations about Republicans and/or Christians. Your generalizations are just so easy to refute. Maybe you might learn; maybe not. But rest assured you continue to open the door for making yourself look the fool so often.

And why the fuck would I even comment on evolution? You are well aware (assuming you can read threads in which you participate) of any views I have on that matter (pay attention or put your bong down - don't post like a dishonest buffoon).

Possibly you are not aware that a university can't even get a ranking of "tier four" unless they teach evolution. You see, "evolution" really is a "science" as opposed to "magical creation" which is ancient "Marvel Comics".

Without evolution, they can't even get an accreditation. As well it should be.

Christian College Denied Accreditation | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction
Why are you still talking to me about this?

Yeah, those evil 'Christian colleges' like Notre Dame, the Loyolas, Seton Hall, Gonzaga, Boston College, etc. They really suck. ;)

Moron.

The Catholic Church openly supports evolution, and teaches evolutionary theory in all of its schools across the country. Catholicism is the largest denomination of Christianity, with over 1.1 billion members.

Notre Dame University: Ecology, Evolution and Environment

The Environment Begins in the Life Sciences

In the 21st century, rapid globalization and related global changes have placed environmental issues at the forefront of scientific inquiry. Emerging diseases, invasive species, chemical pollution, and global warming are but a few of the serious threats facing our planet's inhabitants. Environmental research and scholarship begin with understanding the relationship between organisms and their environment, whose core is in the Life Sciences. The Department of Biological Sciences has assembled a strong and interactive group of faculty who study the natural and human-modified environment. Our faculty apply ecological and evolutionary principles to address questions of major environmental importance. These questions are addressed in the laboratory and in the field, across North America and on other continents, and from the genome to the landscape.

Notre Dame University: Population & Evolutionary Genetics

Gee Eagleman, break out the "eagle vision" and notice the part where I said, get this, "they (meaning the Catholic colleges) actively promote the sciences, including, get this, "EVOLUTION"?"

It's ok. I accept your apology.

Why are you still talking to me about this?
My guess?

He is ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Christian schools in the US are run by the Catholic Church, which is the largest Christian denomination.

Funny how asshats like that don't address the subject matter but make it about anything else that has nothing to do with it.

Once they control the students money, they control what they have to do to get it. What do you want to bet "National Service" becomes a requirement to qualify?

I actually don't have much of a problem with "national service" of some type being a requirement to receive financial aid. I was in the military. It was a great experience. I received the GI bill and it helped me to become an engineer.

Some people may have a problem with military service. There are a thousand and one other things they could do to support the community in some way to qualify for financial aid. Seems all good to me. Don't see the downside.

Of course you don't, you want government to make all your decisions for you.

Without the government, where would you get your food stamps? The next time I see ya, rattle that cup a little louder and I'll throw you an extra quarter.

Most students are getting exactly what they paid for. America has the strongest science and engineering programs in the world, and these programs still attract the brightest students from around the world. Those educated in American schools of science and engineering are in demand across the globe.

If a student chooses to focus his studies on the humanities, he knows exactly what he is sacrificing.
But there is a problem with grade inflation. That is diminishing the quality. Yes, it's still the best in those areas but not as far ahead as we used to be. I'm sure you've heard grumblings from a family member about grade inflation, no?

http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo200/religion/church_bodies.gif

largest single denomination in the US is for sure "Catholics".

Catholic schools teach "evolution".

In the news, Catholics "speak out" against:
Gays
Abortion
Death Penalty
Charges of Witchcraft

Number of times Catholics speak out against teaching "Magical Creation" in public schools:
Center for Education Reform - K-12 Facts

7,740 Catholic schools teach evolution to 2.4 million students every year...ensuring that the next generation of Catholics have a solid understanding of modern science and evolution.

Your point is?

But there is a problem with grade inflation. That is diminishing the quality. Yes, it's still the best in those areas but not as far ahead as we used to be. I'm sure you've heard grumblings from a family member about grade inflation, no?

I've read about it, yes. It varies from department to department, even in the same school.

I don't think anyone is going to accuse MIT of grade inflation, however.

I could use some grade inflation right about now...

:lol:

Last edited:
I have had university professors tell me that quite a few homeschoolers whom they have had as students generally write well, study hard, are nicely mannered, but many have real trouble with third and fourth-level analysis in critical thinking problems because they were not taught to account for their own bias on certain subjects.

Forum List

Back