High School blocks Fox News site

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
I guess I should not have been surprised by my kid telling me yesterday that his school at Braddock here in Miami has blocked all conservative sites on the library computers. He had to do a paper regarding news articles on the election and he tried to go to Fox News and it was blocked. He tried to go to Drudge Report and it was blocked. He even tried to go to a Mitt Romney’s campaign site and it was blocked. When he tried to go to CNN it was available. MSNBC was available and so was Obama’s campaign site.

This has got to stop as it is going the way of controlling our children’s mind. Democrats want to talk of tolerance but only when it is the tolerance of their ideas. They want to talk about being open to ideas but only when it is their ideas. They want to talk about freedom but only when it is their freedoms. The true Democrat party is a party that wishes to run and control everything so they can tell what ever story they want to tell whether it is true or not. We are quickly becoming a Democrat propagandized nation.

The second part of your post , I can agree iwth. The first part I think that I'd need a bit more prooof than just your "kid telling me".

Why would you doubt the student or mother on this issue? If the student had the computer know how to get to the website and it came up blocked and the MSNBC wasn't, then he was doing the mechanics properly.

The Educational Technology Trainer has the capability to block any sites they want. If the district (or Teachers union) has a liberal bias, it is a plausible scenario. Sad, yes, wrong, yes, possible, yes.

So rather than standing in a protest line in front of your local school board, you come on here to bitch about this. Seems rather odd.

When does the protest start? I am sure the news (FOX) would be more than happy to champion your cause.

Why would you doubt the student or mother on this issue? If the student had the computer know how to get to the website and it came up blocked and the MSNBC wasn't, then he was doing the mechanics properly.

The Educational Technology Trainer has the capability to block any sites they want. If the district (or Teachers union) has a liberal bias, it is a plausible scenario. Sad, yes, wrong, yes, possible, yes.

Because we all know how truthful everyone on this board is, don't we? That's goes for both sides of the aisle.

Another reason is that if you "run with" an unsubstantiated comment and it's later refutted with more substantive proof, "wiping the egg off one's face" will be quite unpleasant.

Not saying it isn't true...just want more than an opinion...that's all.

Last edited:
So rather than standing in a protest line in front of your local school board, you come on here to bitch about this. Seems rather odd.

When does the protest start? I am sure the news (FOX) would be more than happy to champion your cause.

Perhaps she is pursuing this. We don't know. I certainly would be making some calls.

I know of several rest. that have only fox news on their tv's, Does that mean that all rest. doing this is right leaning?

Because we all know how truthful everyone on this board is, don't we? That's goes for both sides of the aisle.

Another reason is that if you "run with" an unsubstantiated comment and it's later refutted with more substantive proof, "wiping the egg off one's face" will be quite unpleasant.

I needn't worry about "wiping the egg off my face" when I used the word "possible."

I guess I should not have been surprised by my kid telling me yesterday that his school at Braddock here in Miami has blocked all conservative sites on the library computers. He had to do a paper regarding news articles on the election and he tried to go to Fox News and it was blocked. He tried to go to Drudge Report and it was blocked. He even tried to go to a Mitt Romney’s campaign site and it was blocked. When he tried to go to CNN it was available. MSNBC was available and so was Obama’s campaign site.

This has got to stop as it is going the way of controlling our children’s mind. Democrats want to talk of tolerance but only when it is the tolerance of their ideas. They want to talk about being open to ideas but only when it is their ideas. They want to talk about freedom but only when it is their freedoms. The true Democrat party is a party that wishes to run and control everything so they can tell what ever story they want to tell whether it is true or not. We are quickly becoming a Democrat propagandized nation.

I think you are lying i think this is propaganda, provide the link to the million stories FOX would be doing on this, hell even id it is a lie...but they don't allow people to lie and call it news over the airwaves in Canada so FOX and Rush are blocked there:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Regulators Reject Proposal That Would Bring Fox-Style News to Canada

my first suggestion would be to somehow verify the situation. I am NOT calling your child a liar (that would be an attack on a family member, and a ban-able offense). Rather, I am suggesting independent verification. If indeed it is fact, then I would certainly complain to the school, the board of education, etc. If nothing is done, the media next.

I think you are lying i think this is propaganda, provide the link to the million stories FOX would be doing on this, hell even id it is a lie...but they don't allow people to lie and call it news over the airwaves in Canada so FOX and Rush are blocked there:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Regulators Reject Proposal That Would Bring Fox-Style News to Canada

"but they don't allow people to lie and call it news over the airwaves in Canada so FOX and Rush are blocked there:"

MSLSD, CNN, ABC, NBC, ABC (Brian Ross)...if I need to explain how it makes the last part of your comment ridiculous, then you're behind hope or honesty.

What an interesting post. First you declare you feel the OP is lying and then give a link where the same thing is happening elsewhere. Didn't you just give credence to the fact that it could be true?

my first suggestion would be to somehow verify the situation. I am NOT calling your child a liar (that would be an attack on a family member, and a ban-able offense). Rather, I am suggesting independent verification. If indeed it is fact, then I would certainly complain to the school, the board of education, etc. If nothing is done, the media next.

I have asked him to get a picture on his cell phone.

What an interesting post. First you declare you feel the OP is lying and then give a link where the same thing is happening elsewhere. Didn't you just give credence to the fact that it could be true?

They certainly can and do filter.

When Schools' Internet Filters Follow You Home

I would also have him check multiple PC's, to eliminate problems with just the one. However, as many schools have Use policies that students must sign at the beginning of the school year, he should be cautious. They might interpret his actions as some sort of violation.

A pic may or may not be proof they are blocked. You need to show that the others are not blocked...and that my friend can easily be faked. What about a newspaper story?

I remain skeptical, sorry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back