high risk thread

d13gbr787.jpg

Another week gone by, one week left of 2020. A disappointing vintage, 2020.
I have come to the conclusion that just because on can do something doesn't mean one should. I refer to the winter motorized recreation fans. Those snow machines can go pretty fast and on a firmly packed trail/road they can reach speeds in excess of 40-50 mph. Well, the road I live on is nicely packed and the machine-heads have been out in force for a couple of weeks now. It's not if they run into a car or truck, it's when. A word to the wise, if a road appears regularly plowed or graded and there are driveways connected, it is a road, not a trail, and recreationists would be well warned to pay attention to other traffic. The law of tonnages is strictly enforced and a snow machine, with unprotected rider, is going to lose when it comes into violent contact with a 3/4 ton Dodge pickup. Really, slow down, folks. I don't want to scrape you or yours spawn off my front grill. Oh, yeah, I will not yield to you. You can walk those machines up over berms. If I pull into the soft snow at the side of the road, or high center on a berm because I let you pass on the road, I'm pretty sure you will not even bother to help me dig out. Been there, done that...a shame that courtesy appears to be one-way and I am not inclined to be courteous to a bunch of people who have so little regard for themselves.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back