High post count

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
When I log on after being gone all during the day and the post count is over 2000 new posts I almost always log off and wait an hour or so to log back on. This drops the new count down to a reasonable number. Then I check the new posts.

Anyone else do similar?

I figure the important threads will have the new messages the second time and I just do not have the patience to weed through 2000 new posts.

Another one I hate is when I am interested in a new thread and I sleep during the day, that evening it will have jumped like 8 pages. I just give up on the thread. Usually.

I wish I had taken a picture of the "___ new posts since your last visit" when I didn't log on for like a half a year. It was in the hundreds of thousands for sure.

My first response was, "Well, I certainly got a lot to read." :lol:

I always do notice after logging on for the first time in a day though, it's always around 2,000.

I just check my subscribed threads first. Then pop over to the "active topics". I never use the "new posts" feature.

Another one I hate is when I am interested in a new thread and I sleep during the day, that evening it will have jumped like 8 pages. I just give up on the thread. Usually.

I think your problem is that you sleep.

I would recommend that you stay awake so that you won't miss something on USMB.

You'll have all the time in the world to rest once you are dead. So focus on posting while you are still alive.

Forum List

Back