High-Paying Trade Jobs Sit Empty, While High School Grads Line Up For University

High-Paying Trade Jobs Sit Empty, While High School Grads Line Up For University

There are 30 million jobs in the United States that pay an average of $55,000 per year and don’t require bachelor's degrees. America must invest heavily in vocational education & tech training.

Why? Most of America has vocational education and tech training. The youngsters are just too lazy to get off their ass and go to school. It requires getting up in the morning, dressing appropriately, and getting to class on time, which most of them have no clue as to how they can accomplish that arduous task.

There are 30 million jobs in the United States that pay an average of $55,000 per year and don’t require bachelor's degrees. America must invest heavily in vocational education & tech training.

Why? Most of America has vocational education and tech training. The youngsters are just too lazy to get off their ass and go to school. It requires getting up in the morning, dressing appropriately, and getting to class on time, which most of them have no clue as to how they can accomplish that arduous task.
See Post #3.

When I lived in Europe, they had a sensible educational system that featured training in the trades. I'm not sure how things have changed since I was there, but the system then included the concept of apprenticeships.
At around age 14, or about where our children here start high school, youngsters either chose an apprenticeship program in a trade or opted for an academic career path. Apprentices attended classroom and practical training for a number of years. Upon completion of their program, they applied to stand for the journeyman's test for their chosen trade. If successful, they were free to seek employment as a journeyman wherever there were places for them. After years of working in their trade, they could then stand for a master. Emphasis was on comprehensive training and building job skills throughout one's career.
University isn't for everyone. Unfortunately, we (US) have bastardized the concept of unions and made universities into indoctrination camps.

Forum List

Back