High emphasizes on Standardized Tests

So you don't feel special education students should get a diploma?

Not unless they earn them. What a stupid question.

Hey, maybe we should just hand out PhD's too! :doubt:

Edit: In the opening statement in the post you quoted, I said if a HS dilploma is to have any VALUE...

If you give them out to retards, that pretty much renders them valueless. Maybe you're ok with that. Heck, maybe a lot of people are. Just don't fool yourself into believing otherwise.

Last edited:
Not unless they earn them. What a stupid question.

Hey, maybe we should just hand out PhD's too! :doubt:

Edit: In the opening statement in the post you quoted, I said if a HS dilploma is to have any VALUE...

If you give them out to retards, that pretty much renders them valueless. Maybe you're ok with that. Heck, maybe a lot of people are. Just don't fool yourself into believing otherwise.

Wow, I admire your compassion for special needs students. You are a beacon of light in a dark tunnel of humanity.

Calling special ed kids "retards" is a special gift of yours. I'm sure that they would love to have you as a friend.

A lot of special needs students can go to school until they turn 21. The ones with lower IQ's learn job skills while in school. You don't think they should get a dilpoma? You don't think they have any VALUE (to quote you.) They work as hard or harder than a lot of 'general ed' kids I see in school. When they get their dilpoma they are as proud as anyone else. Just because they may not be able to pass a TEST, doesn't make them less valuable in school or society.

Wow, I admire your compassion for special needs students. You are a beacon of light in a dark tunnel of humanity.

Calling special ed kids "retards" is a special gift of yours. I'm sure that they would love to have you as a friend.

A lot of special needs students can go to school until they turn 21. The ones with lower IQ's learn job skills while in school. You don't think they should get a dilpoma? You don't think they have any VALUE (to quote you.) They work as hard or harder than a lot of 'general ed' kids I see in school. When they get their dilpoma they are as proud as anyone else. Just because they may not be able to pass a TEST, doesn't make them less valuable in school or society.

They should get a modified diploma based upon their IEP, IF they complete according to the goals set.

You can criticize me for my lack of compassion all you want, it doesn't change anything. And you didn't "quote" me at all. I didn't say retards have no value, I said giving them diplomas they don't deserve makes DIPLOMAS have no value. I thought I was pretty clear about that. If giving retards a pat on the back means so much, then fine, give them a diploma. And all that will accomplish in the long run is that many jobs that once only required a diploma, will require something more...to weed out the retards. Bravo! Well done! You deserve a medal for your compassion. :doubt:

Does anyone really think that someone who is retarded, but who shows up with a diploma isn't going to be recognized as retarded by some future employer?

And if you answer to that is no, then really what's the big deal?

Does anyone really think that someone who is retarded, but who shows up with a diploma isn't going to be recognized as retarded by some future employer?

Perhaps he's afraid there will become a quota for hiring the retarded and he'll be forced out of his job. I understand they're very clever at disguising themselves.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm using the term loosely to apply to really dumb people. Not the kid with downs syndrome who puts can goods on top of your eggs at the grocery checkout, but you don't say anything because you feel bad.

Regardless, it's a pretty simple concept to grasp. Degrees, diplomas, certifications etc., are all supposed to indicate some demonstrable level of proficiency. If you no longer require anyone to demonstrate said proficiency, the piece of paper saying they have isn't worth shit. If people by and large are ok with HS diplomas not being worth the paper they're printed on, who am I to object. I can certainly live with it. But pretending that won't be the case is, in a word...retarded. :badgrin:

those tests prove nothing more then the fact that kids hate tests. they prove nothing they show nothing and it hurt kids in the long run. thanks to no child left behind, no child is left behind, so they end up lagging year after year and then they don't graduat because of this fucking test. its ideodic

Forum List

Back