High blood pressure complications....?

if this is his first BP drug.. then yes it is the right one to start with and the right dose to start with. It is the mildest with the least side effects.

and i am pretty sure why he is worried about the drugs. :badgrin:

He just doesn't wanna be on medication for his whole life especially if it turns out his blood pressure can be solved a different way..watching his food, health, coffee, and I hope smoking makes a difference once he stops.

oh i am pretty darn sure its other reasons then that...... :lol:

I don't get it.

No, asking if you know whether the medicine is the right one to use.

if this is his first BP drug.. then yes it is the right one to start with and the right dose to start with. It is the mildest with the least side effects.

and i am pretty sure why he is worried about the drugs. :badgrin:

He just doesn't wanna be on medication for his whole life especially if it turns out his blood pressure can be solved a different way..watching his food, health, coffee, and I hope smoking makes a difference once he stops.

Stopping smoking, exercising, getting rid of the caffeine, salt, etc,.. will all help quite a bit to get the bloodpressure down, but sometimes even that isn't enough and he will need to be on the BP pills.

Last edited:

I don't get it.

alright.... a few question first and then ill answer your question.

how old is he?

and is HE the one worried about the side effects?

are the side effects the reason he does not want to take the drugs?

I don't get it.

how old is he?

Not side effects, he said it makes him tired, but he just never liked taking medicine and he doesn't want to be on medicine for years.

I don't get it.

how old is he?

Not side effects, he said it makes him tired, but he just never liked taking medicine and he doesn't want to be on medicine for years.

45 is still pretty young... so if he can do what he is supposed to do.... no salt, no smoking, dropping 10% of his body weight he may be able to lower the bottom number.... MAY. My guess is he is not going to be able to quit smoking and cut out the salt.

I asked how young he was...becasue the side effect of the stronger BP meds is erectile dysfunction... and the main reason they stop taking the BP drugs.

how old is he?

45 is still pretty young... so if he can do what he is supposed to do.... no salt, no smoking, dropping 10% of his body weight he may be able to lower the bottom number.... MAY. My guess is he is not going to be able to quit smoking and cut out the salt.

I asked how young he was...becasue the side effect of the stronger BP meds is erectile dysfunction... and the main reason they stop taking the BP drugs.

He can quit smoking and I will force it if I have to. My Dad does things for his kids, he will quit. His body weight is fine and the salt will have to take a cut.

But are you saying excersise won't change anything?

And lol no it wasn't about that.

He can quit smoking and I will force it if I have to. My Dad does things for his kids, he will quit. His body weight is fine and the salt will have to take a cut.

But are you saying excersise won't change anything?

And lol no it wasn't about that.

exerciser will help drop his body weight by 10%.... it will also help with the health of his heart and everything else.

the salt will not need to be cut... it needs to be cut out totally with the numbers you posted. Also get that decaf coffee!!!

LOL... dont be so sure that is not what it was about.

Salt is in many foods, such as bread...
:eusa_eh:
Salt linked to immune rebellion in study
6 March 2013 - The amount of salt in our diet could be involved in driving our own immune systems to rebel against us, leading to diseases such as multiple sclerosis, early laboratory findings suggest.
Several teams of scientists have simultaneously published data in the journal Nature suggesting a link. Salt may activate a part of the immune system that can target the body. Experts said the findings were very interesting and plausible, but were not a cure for people with MS. The body's defence against infection can go horrible awry, turning on the body and leading to autoimmune diseases including Type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

Genetics is thought to increase the risk of such diseases, but the world around us also has a major impact. One of the leading theories behind multiple sclerosis is a viral infection, but smoking and a lack of vitamin D may make the condition more likely. Now researchers believe they have the first evidence that the amount of salt in our diet may also be contributing.

_61705015_c0119851-salt_content_in_bread,_conceptual_image.jpg

Gene link

Teams of researchers at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard were investigating a part of the immune system that has been implicated in autoimmune diseases. They wanted to know how T-helper 17 cells were produced. A sophisticated analysis of the complicated chemistry needed to form a T-helper 17 cell - which involved carefully monitoring cells and reverse engineering the changes - identified a critical gene. But the gene had been seen before. "Its day job is to increase salt uptake in the gut," said Dr Vijay Kuchroo from Brigham and Women's Hospital. "When we put extra salt in the culture dish it was one of those 'Aha' moments, the cells were becoming T-helper 17 cells."

Mice fed a high-salt diet were more likely to develop a disease similar to MS in experiments. Meanwhile, researchers at Yale University were also investigating salt and looking at human cells. David Hafler, professor of immunobiology at Yale, told BBC news online: "In mouse models of MS, those fed high-salt diets had significantly worse disease. "We were all really quite surprised to see how changes in dietary salt could have such a profound effect."

Advice?

See also:

Processed meat 'early death' link
7 March 2013 - Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer and early deaths. The researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health. The British Heart Foundation suggested opting for leaner cuts of meat. The study followed people from 10 European countries for nearly 13 years on average.

_66248103_bacon-spl.jpg

Lifestyle factors

It showed people who ate a lot of processed meat were also more likely to smoke, be obese and have other behaviours known to damage health. However, the researchers said even after those risk factors were accounted for, processed meat still damaged health. One in every 17 people followed in the study died. However, those eating more than 160g of processed meat a day - roughly two sausages and a slice of bacon - were 44% more likely to die over a typical follow-up time of 12.7 years than those eating about 20g. In total, nearly 10,000 people died from cancer and 5,500 from heart problems.

Prof Sabine Rohrmann, from the University of Zurich, told the BBC: "High meat consumption, especially processed meat, is associated with a less healthy lifestyle. "But after adjusting for smoking, obesity and other confounders we think there is a risk of eating processed meat. "Stopping smoking is more important than cutting meat, but I would recommend people reduce their meat intake."

Health benefits

Last edited:

Forum List

Back