Hiding Behind Civilians

GunnyL said:
I protest! In this, the administration IS ignorant, and playing to world politics rather than the obvious, and common sense.

As I stated earlier, we currently are attempting to use the UN to stop Israel from doing EXACTLY the same thing we did in Afghanistan.

Publicly we are claiming that we want to work with the UN for a cease fire but at the same time we are plenty content to watch Israel continue to drive back and degrade the Hizbullys.

dilloduck said:
Publicly we are claiming that we want to work with the UN for a cease fire but at the same time we are plenty content to watch Israel continue to drive back and degrade the Hizbullys.

It STILL presents a public hypocrisy on our part.

dilloduck said:
There are definately 2 fronts ( Christian and Jewish) and one war (radical Islam). I don't think the adminstration is ignorant to the fact that we are fighting the same enemy which is why we are allowing Israel to proceed.
I disagree. Tony Snow said it wasn't 'our war.' They are treating each front as a seperate war, that is a mistake we will be paying for down the road.

dilloduck said:
Not from what has been said today. Rice said she is going to work through the UN for a cease fire. That hasn't been said before.

Kathianne said:
I disagree. Tony Snow said it wasn't 'our war.' They are treating each front as a seperate war, that is a mistake we will be paying for down the road.

It is not politically correct to call a spade a spade and make the statement that it is in fact Islam itself that is the root of the problem. That of course would be called hate speech and the discussion deflected to being attacked for that while the issue itself left forgotten and unresolved.

GunnyL said:
It is not politically correct to call a spade a spade and make the statement that it is in fact Islam itself that is the root of the problem. That of course would be called hate speech and the discussion deflected to being attacked for that while the issue itself left forgotten and unresolved.

It's the difference between war and diplomacy. The administration needs to make strait which stage we are at.

Kathianne said:
It's the difference between war and diplomacy. The administration needs to make strait which stage we are at.

That would require stating that we are war with extreme Islam, and mainstream Islam gives its tacit approval by its silence and complete lack of action.

Suicide for any politician in today's political climate in this Nation.

GunnyL said:
That would require stating that we are war with extreme Islam, and mainstream Islam gives its tacit approval by its silence and complete lack of action.

Suicide for any politician in today's political climate in this Nation.
I disagree. I think the people get it better than the politicians, perhaps their version of 'fighting the last war.' Note GW's approval ratings when it was 'with us or against us' compared to 'reaching out to the RoP.' I don't think any phrase of the president has been used against him as much as, "Islam is a religion of peace..."

Note 2 weeks ago the uptick of his approval ratings when backing Israel. Note the downtick since the UN machinations began.

Kathianne said:
I disagree. I think the people get it better than the politicians, perhaps their version of 'fighting the last war.' Note GW's approval ratings when it was 'with us or against us' compared to 'reaching out to the RoP.' I don't think any phrase of the president has been used against him as much as, "Islam is a religion of peace..."

Note 2 weeks ago the uptick of his approval ratings when backing Israel. Note the downtick since the UN machinations began.

Problem is, "the people" do not control the media -- the anti-American PC braintrust does.

Look what they did to Trent Lott over a simple statement to try and make an old man feel good. That got twisted into Lott advocating every racist policy there ever was, and he was browbeat into resigning his position because the Republicans, true to form, acquiesed to calls for his head, as they have proven themselves perfectly willing to do at the first sign of controversy.

So, while I agree that the majority of "people" get it, I don't believe the majority of politicians do.

GunnyL said:
Problem is, "the people" do not control the media -- the anti-American PC braintrust does.

Look what they did to Trent Lott over a simple statement to try and make an old man feel good. That got twisted into Lott advocating every racist policy there ever was, and he was browbeat into resigning his position because the Republicans, true to form, acquiesed to calls for his head, as they have proven themselves perfectly willing to do at the first sign of controversy.

So, while I agree that the majority of "people" get it, I don't believe the majority of politicians do.
Which is what I was saying, 'the equivalent of politicians vis a vis the military fighting the last war...'

As for the MSM, particularly the newspapers, their numbers are tanking-fast. Perhaps it's past time some of us 'regular people' write letters saying we think they should use what little influence they have to 'clarify this war.'

Kathianne said:
Which is what I was saying, 'the equivalent of politicians vis a vis the military fighting the last war...'

As for the MSM, particularly the newspapers, their numbers are tanking-fast. Perhaps it's past time some of us 'regular people' write letters saying we think they should use what little influence they have to 'clarify this war.'

LOL, I have sent several "letter to the editor" to various MSM outlets. They never respond. I think they don't like me.:D

GunnyL said:
LOL, I have sent several "letter to the editor" to various MSM outlets. They never respond. I think they don't like me.:D
I have been more lucky. Chicago Trib, NY Times, WaPo, and WSJ. Sometimes it's best to email a particular reporter or columnist, they have always responded. You never know when you will send them an idea they'll follow up on, sometimes in ways you wouldn't want! ;)

Kathianne said:

Maybe this administration is trying to get the world to quit looking to us to stop Israel to make them deal with the Hillbullys. Give em a little credit for maybe not exposing thier whole strategy this time.

Forum List

Back