Hidden Sentences

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
A Reading Game

Post a long excerpt then someone has to make a sentence from it throwing out words in between.

Of course, the best sentence to be found is preferable, but it doesn't have to be a real good one. The idea is to share some quotes while reading them in a little bit different way.

It's better to copy/paste the last quote or use the quote function.

Example, this one was posted and then copy/paste it and underline the words in it. Don't use more than 4 words in a row:

(Provide a link)

Why your brain needs vacations

Part of the essence of being mindful is noticing new things, Langer said. Often people get into a mindless routine at work and home, which is broken only when they travel.

People set themselves up to see new things on vacation, which makes the trip exciting. But ideally you would have this frame of reference all the time: taking note of new people, objects and events around you.

"Boring," she says, is a state of mind. And once you achieve a mindset of "everything is different and interesting," it becomes a valuable souvenir to take home after the vacation.

"What people should do, I think, when they go on these vacations and experience the feeling of engagement, the feeling of being mindfully involved in your own life, is to find a way to bring that back to their workday," she said.

Noticing people at work makes objects around you different after feeling mindfully your way.

Now make a sentence from this quote:

35 Tips from 35 Swim Coaches

I am a strong believer that the true “currency” of life here on earth is time and that the measure of a man is how he uses that time. Because time is a finite construct, it is foolish to go through life wasting time and doing things for the fun of it. As an athlete, your time is to precious to be experimenting with your training. So discovering the purpose for what your are doing becomes imperative; no, detrimental to your athletic existence. I define purpose as the original intent for the creation of a thing, that was in the mind of the creator of the thing. So then, purpose is the reason for the creation of a thing. Purpose is the “why” for a thing.

“Why” is the most important question in life. It is possible to know where you are going, when you have to go, what you are going to do and who you are going with; but not know why you are going? The same thing can be said about your training. Until you discover the purpose for what you are doing in practice, you will never experience complete fulfillment in both training and racing. This is something I start to teach to my 11-12 year olds and really start to hammer home with my 13-14 year olds. I encourage them to know and attempt to understand why they are doing what they are doing everyday in practice.

Forum List

Back