hidden partition. how do i reload my comp?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
last year a friend of mine came over and reloaded my computer because it was running slow. hs said he could do it from a hidden partition. it was wiped clean and reloaded from this hidden partition. where can i find this on the comp and how does it work? i have windows vista and i watched him do it but cant remember how he got there.

there is a hidden partion where i can reload it. where can i find it.

he died. can someone help. the partition is on the comp. someone must be able to help

i was looking through my box of discs. i found 3 discs bill made. they say compaq recovery disc1, disc2 and disc 3. will they work? if so, how do i use them to reload the comp? when would i put them in?

i was looking through my box of discs. i found 3 discs bill made. they say compaq recovery disc1, disc2 and disc 3. will they work? if so, how do i use them to reload the comp? when would i put them in?

you put No1 into the drive and then restart the computer.

those disks shoot be bootable, and if you did not fuck around with the settings the disk-drive should boot before the hard disk. then just follow the instructions.

if not then just enter the setup end change the boot order.

i cannot really help you with viewing the partition. i can see mine, but that's because of my inherent awesomeness.

it would not help you anyway, you need to restart to be able to use it.

what do you mean restart?? i know the hidden partition is there.

you have to restart the computer, leave the windows system, to be able to re-install it.

try it. i am not fooling you right now. restart and press f8, a menu should pop up in the pre-windows mode, when the basic input output system BIOS is starting, ram is checked etc., then before the OS (w vista) is started you need to enter the boot menu / setup menu.

try it, and report if there is a repair/ re-install option.

you are loosing me. how do i enter boot menu, or set up menu?

you are loosing me. how do i enter boot menu, or set up menu?

if you have the recovery discs you can basically relax and stop looking for the hidden partition.

put disc No 1 into the drive and restart your computer.

if bill did it correctly, then the computer would boot (start the operating system) from the disc.

meaning the recovery would start.

try that and forget about the hidden partition for now.

In all seriousness, take your computer to a repair shop if you don't know how to find the recovery partition. Even if you were walked step by step on how to "find" it, you'd still be presented with options that you wouldn't understand and then you'd have to have a professional repair your computer anyway.

This is why I don't do tech support over the phone.

In all seriousness, take your computer to a repair shop if you don't know how to find the recovery partition. Even if you were walked step by step on how to "find" it, you'd still be presented with options that you wouldn't understand and then you'd have to have a professional repair your computer anyway.

This is why I don't do tech support over the phone.

dude, she has the recovery disks and just needs to put them in.

i basically agree. and i usually say: install ubuntu, but in this case a little encouragement could go a long way.

it cant be that hard. i just need to find the partition. please help. if i do you use the discs do i put it in before i start the comp then turn the comp on?

Forum List

Back