Hidden in the Details… Fiscal Cliff Bill Raises Taxes on Middle Class – $2,000 For Th

You have to love the spin for Obama, come on people he didn't raise your taxes, really he didn't

he was just being kind to you for those two years

Sigh....then when you retire don't put in for SS. Stand by your principles.

But you wont.

Payroll tax goes back to what it was.
If you want your Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid you have to pay for it.

I'd rather take that money and save/invest it myself, I don't need the government to hold my hand and tell me how to invest for my retirement. And even though it's going back up from when they cut it two years ago, people have been counting on that money towards their monthly budget, and now it's suddenly not going to be there. People are going to be hurting and not happy.

If you make 50k a year, and 83 a week is breaking you.then you needd to seriously reconsider your lifestyle.

What a poor excuse.

I'm sure you donate 100% of your pay to the government, right? I'm sure you'd be the first in line to do so if they promised to take care of you the rest of your life. Pathetic.

You have to love the spin for Obama, come on people he didn't raise your taxes, really he didn't

he was just being kind to you for those two years

Sigh....then when you retire don't put in for SS. Stand by your principles.

But you wont.

How is not taking back what was stolen from you not standing by your principles?

Sea, these guys believe the world is flat, 5000 years old, climate change is not happening, the list goes on. Why do you think people like Steph would make a good post, it's laughable.

Actually 65% of Americans in a poll last night done by Reuters were TICKED off about NO CUTS in that joke of a shit biscuit fiscal cliff deal.. I know a lot of liberals even on this forum who were not happy about it.. It's just you ZOMBIE PARTISAN HACKS who make everything impossible to get done.

Wrong again. The reason the bill passes they way it did was........republicans have refused to do anything for the past 2 years. How the fuck are you so blind?

Republicans passed plenty of bills for the last two years.
It's Harry Reid that won't let them come up for a vote in the Senate.
Bills passed by the House for the last 2 years.
Legislation - 112th Congress - House Bills: 112th Congress - OpenCongress

It is not an increase, it goes back to what it was before.
It should never have been decreased to begin with.

Yes, it is an increase in tax. It is going from 4.2 to 6.2 percent effective January 1. Perhaps it should have never been decreased to begin with, Social Security should have never been implemented all those years ago to begin with, so depends on how far back you want to go. Everyone that gets a pay check in January will be seeing a 2% decrease in their check as compared to December 2012. It's going to hurt a lot of people who didn't have that 2% to spare. And whatever it is they have to cut, buying that new pair of shoes, or going out to eat, etc... is going to hurt the economy overall. It's no better today than it was 2 years ago when they supposedly decreased for the 'good of the economy'.

An actual tax increase would be over 6.2.
You had a tax break for 2 years.

So using your logic, Congress would have been just fine letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire and going off of the fiscal cliff cause they were tax cuts from a higher rate that existed under Clinton. So, those cuts expiring wouldn't be an increase in anyone's taxes since all they would be doing is just going back up to the rates we had in excess of 10 years ago now. And everyone would have been just fine with that happening and would have had nothing to bitch about? Is that your logic?

A crisis is a terrible thing to waste.

That is the current mode of "budgeting": don't pass a budget; have short term deadlines/cliffs to cause public panic; conduct late night last minute behind closed doors sessions to "save the day"; shove a list of pork into the bill with only a few minutes of review before voting and no public disclosure.

Yes, it is an increase in tax. It is going from 4.2 to 6.2 percent effective January 1. Perhaps it should have never been decreased to begin with, Social Security should have never been implemented all those years ago to begin with, so depends on how far back you want to go. Everyone that gets a pay check in January will be seeing a 2% decrease in their check as compared to December 2012. It's going to hurt a lot of people who didn't have that 2% to spare. And whatever it is they have to cut, buying that new pair of shoes, or going out to eat, etc... is going to hurt the economy overall. It's no better today than it was 2 years ago when they supposedly decreased for the 'good of the economy'.

An actual tax increase would be over 6.2.
You had a tax break for 2 years.

You can spin it whatever way you want, call it whatever you want, the reality is that your paycheck is going to contain 2% less this month and going forward than it did last month, and most people cannot afford to absorb that cut right now. To try to say it isn't an increase in what you're paying to the government because it's going back up to what it was 2 years ago is ridiculous, but that's all the left has these days. I saw a quote that if the dems and the left didn't have entitlements on their platform, they'd have no platform at all. That's all they stand for, and the more saps that they convince to rely on them, the more power they accumulate year after year until this country ceases to exist as a free state. The bottom line is that when people see their paychecks this month, they're not going to be happy, and they're not going to give a damn that it was cut two years ago and raised again for 2013.

I have to agree with you.
A list of Government funded programs.
Info: List of US Federal Government Funding Programs
Almost 2 trillion

Payroll tax goes back to what it was.
If you want your Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid you have to pay for it.

I'd rather take that money and save/invest it myself, I don't need the government to hold my hand and tell me how to invest for my retirement. And even though it's going back up from when they cut it two years ago, people have been counting on that money towards their monthly budget, and now it's suddenly not going to be there. People are going to be hurting and not happy.

I agree. Give me every dime I have in SS and Medicare. I can take better care of my money then some Clown in DC. Those programs never, ever should have been instituted in this country. They were and we are stuck with em just like we will be stuck with Obamacar.

You bet folks will be unhappy. Wonder how many of them put the Dems back in their seats and that fuck back in the WH???

HOw many have saved that money that was cut from your SS withholding.

I agree. Give me every dime I have in SS and Medicare. I can take better care of my money then some Clown in DC. Those programs never, ever should have been instituted in this country. They were and we are stuck with em just like we will be stuck with Obamacar.

You bet folks will be unhappy. Wonder how many of them put the Dems back in their seats and that fuck back in the WH???

HOw many have saved that money that was cut from your SS withholding.

My guess: most either spent it paying off debt or used it to cover the inflation on energy and food.

If you make 50k a year, and 83 a week is breaking you.then you needd to seriously reconsider your lifestyle.

What a poor excuse.

I'm sure you donate 100% of your pay to the government, right? I'm sure you'd be the first in line to do so if they promised to take care of you the rest of your life. Pathetic.

oh shut up with that nonsense. That's not a reasonable answer at all. You didnt even address what i said, just spouted some moronic talking point.
Try again hack.

Last edited:

What a poor excuse.

oh shut up with that nonsense. That's not a reasonable answer at all. You didnt even address what i said, just spouted some moronic talking point.
Try again hack.

Address what point? That assinine point that you made that no one is going to miss that 2% out of their pay? Tell us, at what poing does it 'hurt' someone, and who are you to judge how much anyone can afford to go without?

Try again hack.

Address what point? That assinine point that you made that no one is going to miss that 2% out of their pay? Tell us, at what poing does it 'hurt' someone, and who are you to judge how much anyone can afford to go without?

because i know how much 50k is and what one can do with it. My family makes a lot less than that and we manage to make it.

you have nothing but anti-government, government is evil meme's that are backed by limited thinking skills.

Go away.

Try again hack.

because i know how much 50k is and what one can do with it. My family makes a lot less than that and we manage to make it.

you have nothing but anti-government, government is evil meme's that are backed by limited thinking skills.

Go away.

Explains why you need the government to take from one set of people to redistrubute to another. You don't have an opinion that is without bias, therefore it's worthless. Just as I suspected.

Go away.

Explains why you need the government to take from one set of people to redistrubute to another. You don't have an opinion that is without bias, therefore it's worthless. Just as I suspected.

you are a one trick pony huh? You know nothing about me and what policies i favor.

Forum List

Back