Hickenlooper Calls It Quits

He could flip a seat in Colorado if he runs for Senate. Time will tell...
The increasing likelihood of a 2020 Trump tsunami will make it that much more difficult for most Dems in state elections. I still see Lame Joe B as the only current Dem hopeful who would garner as much as 47% of the vote. The rest would get less … some far less.

I remember a tsunami that was supposed to take place in 2016 as well. Not wise to count chickens and whatnot.

The clown car has one less passenger now. Johnny, we hardly knew ye (or cared for ye).
Some of 'em are actually running for VP and some to get on the 2024 (or later) radar screen. Hick, like de Blasio and Gillibrand, was in it to accumulate national cash contributions for future state campaigns. He failed to attract much and so he quit. Expect others to bail as the fresh cash falls short of campaign expenditures.

from politico:

"Hickenlooper is back on the campaign trail. Instead of running for president (he dropped out of the Democratic primary last week), he announced he's running for Senate instead, mounting a challenge against GOP Sen. Cory Gardner. “I don’t think Cory Gardner understands that the games he’s playing with Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell are hurting the people of Colorado," Hickenlooper said in a campaign video. The former Denver mayor and two-term governor now joins a roughly dozen-strong pack of Democrats seeking to deny Gardner a second term. Link in bio for more on Hickenlooper's Senate run."

Forum List

Back