Hi!!!

I graduated in June. I can't believe I actually made it. I haven't decided, that's why I'm saving and waiting for next fall. I want to try to go to a real school, not a community college. I'm thinking that since so many politicians are also lawyers that maybe I should be thinking along those lines. I do like to argue... :tongue: Nothing in criminal law though, that would be too depressing for me. Maybe intellectual property law or something like that.

IP Law is good. If you want to do patents you'll need to meet the technical qualifications, but there are a lot of other IP areas.

Take the LSAT and see how you do. It is not a difficult test.

Welcome Amanda,

Take a night class at the local JC while you save for the semester.

The next fall is a long way away and you can tranfer anything you take to whatever college you end up at.

There is nothing like the present to start achieving your goals.

Study whatever the hell you really like if you're planning on going to law school.

As long as you hammer the LSATs and have fairly decent grades leading to BA or BS, you'll get into one law school or the other.

Yep that is true, as long as you have strong writing and reading skills. I have a friend that majored in phys ed at Cornell. He still got into Northwestern Law School, based on LSAT's and GPA. Old LSAT's though, same as I took. I hear the recent ones don't have the analogies to the same degree?

I graduated in June. I can't believe I actually made it. I haven't decided, that's why I'm saving and waiting for next fall. I want to try to go to a real school, not a community college. I'm thinking that since so many politicians are also lawyers that maybe I should be thinking along those lines. I do like to argue... :tongue: Nothing in criminal law though, that would be too depressing for me. Maybe intellectual property law or something like that.

Amanda, for the money, most Junior Colleges provide quality education before you move on to the last two years of college. I strongly recommend that young people who are not rich take advantage of the JC's to get the broadest education possible before they concentrate on those last two years of college to get a BA or a BS.

Remember, it is YOUR education. I barely made it through high school because I was living by myself and burdened with the need for survival. Thanks to the assistance of my English IV teacher, I was able to graduate from high school with a bare minimum number of credits.

I then went into the Navy for a few years and when I was ready to start college, I was emotionally prepared to do so, and was aggressive about learning. I am retired now, but have 14 years of college credit because I never wanted to stop learning. School is fun if you have the right perspective. I presently have three kids still going through college. My motto for them as they were growing up was, "Learn as much as you can about Everything."

They have.

Last edited:
Hi Amanda.

I only WISH I became interested in politics at that young an age. Good for you.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement. :)

Hi Amanda.

I only WISH I became interested in politics at that young an age. Good for you.

I wasn't interested all until this election. It all seemed so distant and far away, like something that wasn't even real. But then the campaigns got going and I went to some events and it all became so real and I found myself really emotionally caught up in the excitement. Even now that it's over I still feel a kind of glow and want to be involved. I know not everyone here will agree with all my ideas and that's fine, but the idea of trying to help my country be better and help the people to have better lives is just so exciting to me. I never felt like I could make any difference but I don't feel that way anymore. If I could make everyone as excited as I am, even if they didn't agree with me, I would because I think we all need t be involved to make democracy really work.

Forum List

Back