Hi!!!

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
Hi, my name is Amanda (duh) and I'm trying to learn more about politics and others views. I was inspired by Sarah Palin to think that maybe I could be more than I ever thought possible, after all she almost made it to the White House!

I'm mostly conservative with womens issues like abortion being the exception. I'm hoping to find people that will take me seriously and not just dismiss me because I'm young. I'm saving up my money to go to try to start college next year. Until this presidential race I didn't think there was any reason for someone like me to even try to go to college but I have a renewed hope and maybe with some luck I will be able to make a difference in someone else's life someday.

Hey Amanda. Welcome. Nice to meet you.

This is a cool site, but just in case you haven't been lurking or anything, let me say you can expect to get some pretty ridiculous personal attacks due to your view point. Don't let it get to you :)

Hi, my name is Amanda (duh) and I'm trying to learn more about politics and others views. I was inspired by Sarah Palin to think that maybe I could be more than I ever thought possible, after all she almost made it to the White House!

I'm mostly conservative with womens issues like abortion being the exception. I'm hoping to find people that will take me seriously and not just dismiss me because I'm young. I'm saving up my money to go to try to start college next year. Until this presidential race I didn't think there was any reason for someone like me to even try to go to college but I have a renewed hope and maybe with some luck I will be able to make a difference in someone else's life someday.

Hi Amanda! So how long have you been out of hs? I'm one of several quasi-professional students though my day job is teaching. What are you thinking of majoring in?

hi, amanda. welcome.

Don't be scared of del amanda, he's received a haircut since his avatar pic was taken!

Glad you are saving up for college! It's the best thing in the world at your age! Learning is my favorite pastime! (you'll learn a lot on here too lol)

Hey Amanda. Welcome. Nice to meet you.

This is a cool site, but just in case you haven't been lurking or anything, let me say you can expect to get some pretty ridiculous personal attacks due to your view point. Don't let it get to you :)

I can handle disagreement and criticism, I won't tolerate abusiveness though. In the worst case I know how to ignore with the best of them. The problem I've seen is dismissive attitudes... I'm old enough to vote, that means my opinion counts whether anyone likes it or not.

I also hope people will give me a chance and hear me out, I'm not an old conservative, I'm young and I get in disagreements with my family, who is also conservative, all the time because they think I'm too liberal. :tongue:

Hi Amanda! So how long have you been out of hs? I'm one of several quasi-professional students though my day job is teaching. What are you thinking of majoring in?

I graduated in June. I can't believe I actually made it. I haven't decided, that's why I'm saving and waiting for next fall. I want to try to go to a real school, not a community college. I'm thinking that since so many politicians are also lawyers that maybe I should be thinking along those lines. I do like to argue... :tongue: Nothing in criminal law though, that would be too depressing for me. Maybe intellectual property law or something like that.

Don't be scared of del amanda, he's received a haircut since his avatar pic was taken!

Glad you are saving up for college! It's the best thing in the world at your age! Learning is my favorite pastime! (you'll learn a lot on here too lol)

Well... I'm going to hold off on putting up an avatar pic because that sort of thing seems to get me in trouble too. Though I don't look quite as birdlike as del. At least I hope I don't. :eusa_pray:

I graduated in June. I can't believe I actually made it. I haven't decided, that's why I'm saving and waiting for next fall. I want to try to go to a real school, not a community college. I'm thinking that since so many politicians are also lawyers that maybe I should be thinking along those lines. I do like to argue... :tongue: Nothing in criminal law though, that would be too depressing for me. Maybe intellectual property law or something like that.

Law is good. If you like English or history, both are good foundations for what law school requires. Business works too, especially if you like money. ;)

Going your first year or even second to a community college is alot cheaper.

Besides it's mainly the basics you will be taking. So there is very little difference.

Then transfer your credits to the University for your final two years and degree.

It sounds like "Political Science" would be a good degree for you to work towards.

Law is good. If you like English or history, both are good foundations for what law school requires. Business works too, especially if you like money. ;)

English is good, history not so much. :eusa_whistle:

I'm going to try to get an internship at a law office next year, but it's hard because I'm working full time to support myself.

Going your first year or even second to a community college is alot cheaper.

Besides it's mainly the basics you will be taking. So there is very little difference.

Then transfer your credits to the University for your final two years and degree.

It sounds like "Political Science" would be a good degree for you to work towards.

Been there got the t-shirt. If one doesn't want to teach in the university or go to law school, that poly sci won't get the food on the table, well neither will a sociology degree. :lol: I got both.

Always being one to jump wrong, I applied and got accepted for law school, then got married instead. :rolleyes:

As usual, things work out all right, I love teaching and had the time to raise my children.

Study whatever the hell you really like if you're planning on going to law school.

As long as you hammer the LSATs and have fairly decent grades leading to BA or BS, you'll get into one law school or the other.

Hi Amanda,

This is a great message board, I've found the posters here to be both knowledgeable and friendly. You'll know when they disagree with you though. :)

Enjoy your stay here.

Hi Amanda,

This is a great message board, I've found the posters here to be both knowledgeable and friendly. You'll know when they disagree with you though. :)

Enjoy your stay here.

Thank you. :)

Forum List

Back