Hi

We all have a choice - keep it civil, walk away from the crap, or jump in and get down and dirty. The high road ain't easy to take sometimes, especially when you care deeply about the issue at hand. The thing to remember is that the other guy probably cares deeply too, even if he/she is obviously wrong. Hopefully I will have the good sense and the humility to that in mind.

We all have a choice - keep it civil, walk away from the crap, or jump in and get down and dirty. The high road ain't easy to take sometimes, especially when you care deeply about the issue at hand. The thing to remember is that the other guy probably cares deeply too, even if he/she is obviously wrong. Hopefully I will have the good sense and the humility to that in mind.
Seriously, don't take anything here seriously...... :thup:
:lol:

You know that saying about being older and wiser? Well I'm halfway there. I'm retired USAF, politically conservative (mostly), and watch NFL football (Lions).
What was your AFSC?

It changed 3 or 4 times while I was in, same career field but got merged and they changed the designation. It was 491X2 when I left back in 96. Computer programmer/analyst.
Very cool. 2A5X1 Crew Chief.
11G5H Infantry First Sergeant

You know that saying about being older and wiser? Well I'm halfway there. I'm retired USAF, politically conservative (mostly), and watch NFL football (Lions).
What was your AFSC?

It changed 3 or 4 times while I was in, same career field but got merged and they changed the designation. It was 491X2 when I left back in 96. Computer programmer/analyst.

Top, remind me not to mess with you.

What was your AFSC?

Tons of respect for you infantry guys. Tough as nails. I remember we were tasked with performing some inspections on an aircraft that the airborne were utilizing for jump training. The jet broke for sheet metal repairs after the paratroopers were at the spot.
This was in Texas...in the summer. Those guys sat in a square (four wide...four deep) in the sun, for hours waiting for us to finish.
I was amazed that they just sat there. I walked up to the group and said; "Hey, you guys can go sit under the wing if you would like" It was still hot, but at least it was in the shade. Wrong move dude. I was very quickly 'corrected' by their NCOIC. "Who are you?" he said "uuuhhh ummm" I didn't know what to say. I was simply being kind to people who I saw as suffering. "Go fix your plane." Sheeeeit! lol!

What was your AFSC?

Hoss is a good guy even thought he was an Army ground pounder....... We don't hold it against him....... :D

What was your AFSC?

Hoss is a good guy even thought he was an Army ground pounder....... We don't hold it against him....... :D

smart move.

smart move.
My dad was a retired Army W-3, he's the one who talked me into to Navy (1972), my next youngest brother retired an Army full bird Colonel and the next one under him retired an Army First Sgt ground pounder.
While I don't always agree with Hoss he has my respect, if I remember correctly he was at the battle of Ia Drang memorialized in the film, We Were Soldiers Once.

smart move.
if I remember correctly he was at the battle of Ia Drang memorialized in the film, We Were Soldiers Once.
Wow...

smart move.
My dad was a retired Army W-3, he's the one who talked me into to Navy (1972), my next youngest brother retired an Army full bird Colonel and the next one under him retired an Army First Sgt ground pounder.
While I don't always agree with Hoss he has my respect, if I remember correctly he was at the battle of Ia Drang memorialized in the film, We Were Soldiers Once.

My dad was a retired Army W-3 too, served in Korea and before that in WWII in the Pacific in the Navy. Lied about his age to get in, which was common I think. Passed away 3 days short of his 47th birthday, too much drinking and smoking. Which is how they dealt with the stresses of war in those days I guess.

smart move.

My dad was a retired Army W-3 too, served in Korea and before that in WWII in the Pacific in the Navy. Lied about his age to get in, which was common I think. Passed away 3 days short of his 47th birthday, too much drinking and smoking. Which is how they dealt with the stresses of war in those days I guess.
Damn...47...wow. That's really a shame.

smart move.

My dad was in during Korea but never went. He did do two official TDYs and one full tour in Nam but was constantly back and forth for a few weeks at a time when we were in the Philippines. I got lucky, two weeks before I was to go to Nam Nixon started the draw down and I went to Panama instead. My dad finally passed a couple of years ago almost a year after my mom died.

smart move.

Same with my dad -- WW2 and Korea.

Same issues.

Massive PTSD nightmares.

Same early death.

smart move.

Same issues.

Massive PTSD nightmares.

Same early death.
My mom told me she had woken up a couple of times with my dad choking her with bad dreams. He would have nightmares all the time flailing around in his sleep. He made it to 82 years old but smoking and heavy drinking finally killed him.

"Conservative" does not tell me anything.

There is far right (Cruz), middle right (Jeb, Ryan), RINO (Kasich, Christie, Trump), middle left (Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi), and far left (Bernie).

So which one of those are you then?

As a conservative I kinda swing a little bit towards or away from the middle depending on the issue. I have a real problem with spending money that we don't have, thus putting a larger debt on future generations to pay the interest on, let alone the principle. I tend to believe that solutions that require a larger and more intrusive gov't are not the best way to go; obviously there are some gov't functions that we as individuals are ill-equipped to handle such as defense and foreign affairs. Some other concerns might be addressed better at the state and local levels; if they aren't doing a satisfactory job of it then it's on their citizenry to step up and make adjustments rather than going to federal mandates. And I do believe in tolerance towards those with a different pov than mine. Most of today's issues are not that simple, there are many ways to look at a specific issue and the possible ways to deal with it.

As for being a sock, that refers to those who have more than one active account, which is contrary to USMB rules and I do not have. But we can quit and then come back, no?

Hello,

Don't worry about the weirdness that is yiostheoy, he wasn't breastfed and that's why he's like he is :smoke:
Actually I WAS breastfed and my mom had huge German kazonga's as do my sisters after her as well.

I am used to being around big huge kazongas so smaller breasted females seem more attractive to me -- B's and C's.

A's are too small.

D's, E's, and EE's are too big.

smart move.

Same issues.

Massive PTSD nightmares.

Same early death.
My mom told me she had woken up a couple of times with my dad choking her with bad dreams. He would have nightmares all the time flailing around in his sleep. He made it to 82 years old but smoking and heavy drinking finally killed him.
82 is not bad. That's still 10 years longer than his generation's demographic.

What was your AFSC?

So when did you go far right fascist Nazi then, heil hitler ??

What was your AFSC?

I had 4 numbers assigned to me by the USMC.

Can't remember them all now.

Infantry, arty, naval gunfire, and legal/admin.

They're all on my DD-214 but I don't want to dig that out of the safe.

What was your AFSC?

I had 4 numbers assigned to me by the USMC.

Can't remember them all now.

Infantry, arty, naval gunfire, and legal/admin.

They're all on my DD-214 but I don't want to dig that out of the safe.
Well, my marines called me Doc........ What funny is my primary billet was DT (Dental Technician) but I was also cross trained as a CA (Corpsman's Assistant), typically a rating that freed up Corpsmen for non field hospital duties but you know the military....... I ended up unofficially FMF in Panama when the Corpsman rotated home and I was the only cross trained "medic" left, Gunny and Top put me through the combat paces....... :lol:

Forum List

Back