Hi

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
You know that saying about being older and wiser? Well I'm halfway there. I'm retired USAF, politically conservative (mostly), and watch NFL football (Lions).

Welcome! This is a crazy, but great place. Good to have you join us.

You know that saying about being older and wiser? Well I'm halfway there. I'm retired USAF, politically conservative (mostly), and watch NFL football (Lions).
Welcome to the boards, Task. :welcome:
Since the B/S gets deep around here, I recommend frogg toggs chest high waders. Insulated boot, triple-sealed seams, convenient pockets and realtree camo for when you are "trying not to be seen"

2713956_marshtogg_neoprenecamowader_realtree_max5.jpg

Since the B/S gets deep around here, I recommend frogg toggs chest high waders. Insulated boot, triple-sealed seams, convenient pockets and realtree camo for when you are "trying not to be seen"

That bad huh? Mama always said if you can't be nice (civil at least) then be quiet. That was before the days of internet forums though. Still good advice to live by, and I do not intend to get too deep into the muck.

OK if Hossfly thinks you're cool that's cool enough for me.

We get a lot of returning socks so we never can tell who is for real or not.

You are USAF -- America's deep penetration strike force.

Hossfly was/is US Army -- your QRF.

I am/was USMC -- we are the Navy's QRF. That's a great job. You get to travel the world and kill people.

Welcome aboard !!

:D

"Conservative" does not tell me anything.

There is far right (Cruz), middle right (Jeb, Ryan), RINO (Kasich, Christie, Trump), middle left (Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi), and far left (Bernie).

So which one of those are you then?

We have a bunch of great Russians here too.

They are also "conservative" because "liberal" in Russia is derogatory.

We have a saying about motorcyclists --

1 - There are old motorcyclists,

2 - and there are bold motorcyclists,

3 - but there are no old, bold motorcyclists.

Looks like you made it to old age congrats !!

There is far right (Cruz), middle right (Jeb, Ryan), RINO (Kasich, Christie, Trump), middle left (Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi), and far left (Bernie).

As a conservative I kinda swing a little bit towards or away from the middle depending on the issue. I have a real problem with spending money that we don't have, thus putting a larger debt on future generations to pay the interest on, let alone the principle. I tend to believe that solutions that require a larger and more intrusive gov't are not the best way to go; obviously there are some gov't functions that we as individuals are ill-equipped to handle such as defense and foreign affairs. Some other concerns might be addressed better at the state and local levels; if they aren't doing a satisfactory job of it then it's on their citizenry to step up and make adjustments rather than going to federal mandates. And I do believe in tolerance towards those with a different pov than mine. Most of today's issues are not that simple, there are many ways to look at a specific issue and the possible ways to deal with it.

As for being a sock, that refers to those who have more than one active account, which is contrary to USMB rules and I do not have. But we can quit and then come back, no?

As a conservative I kinda swing a little bit towards or away from the middle depending on the issue. I have a real problem with spending money that we don't have, thus putting a larger debt on future generations to pay the interest on, let alone the principle. I tend to believe that solutions that require a larger and more intrusive gov't are not the best way to go; obviously there are some gov't functions that we as individuals are ill-equipped to handle such as defense and foreign affairs. Some other concerns might be addressed better at the state and local levels; if they aren't doing a satisfactory job of it then it's on their citizenry to step up and make adjustments rather than going to federal mandates. And I do believe in tolerance towards those with a different pov than mine. Most of today's issues are not that simple, there are many ways to look at a specific issue and the possible ways to deal with it.

As for being a sock, that refers to those who have more than one active account, which is contrary to USMB rules and I do not have. But we can quit and then come back, no?

Hello,

Don't worry about the weirdness that is yiostheoy, he wasn't breastfed and that's why he's like he is :smoke:

What was your AFSC?

It changed 3 or 4 times while I was in, same career field but got merged and they changed the designation. It was 491X2 when I left back in 96. Computer programmer/analyst.

That bad huh? Mama always said if you can't be nice (civil at least) then be quiet. That was before the days of internet forums though. Still good advice to live by, and I do not intend to get too deep into the muck.
Well then don a full body condom cover it with rhino hide and you should be good to go. :thup:
Also Nurse Ratched makes med rounds twice a day, a jacket and tie is required for dinner......

cita.jpg

Welcome and have fun!! :D

Forum List

Back