Hi, this has turned out to be more of a therapy session than an introduction..

minnbulldog

Rookie
Dec 8, 2008
Hi,

I know this was probably intended to be a simple introduction. I'm not going to just start jumping into discussions. I'm not going to offer deep researched views or opinions. I'm going to tell you what I think.

I'm a 50 something guy from the midwest. My family has always been very divided politically,, very divided!

I tend to run down the middle, family gatherings were always fun, especially for me... I think I tend to lean "left", I think I actually try to lean "left". (I was the union steward for The Guild of Taxi Drivers back in the middle 70's......) Protests happened, signs were waved, I here that shots were fired......

One thing my Dad taught me was to try to bring some common sense into any conversation, any situation. He started teaching me how to be a mechanic when I was about 10 years old. I didn't realize, until I was much older, that he wasn't teaching me to just be the best mechanic, he was teaching me that if you take the time, you can learn how anything works. Anything!

I used his simple approach to go from mechanic to very successful domestic and international sales executive.

I miss Dad, always acted like he really had no idea, I believe he was encouraging his kids. He enjoyed beer, so maybe not. I've been all over the world, I've spent time and worked with some of the most successful executives on the planet,,, take away the suit, whatever college, trey building common sense into your research, you opinion, your discussions......

I honestly don't care what your politics are, just be honest. philosophies suck!
dan

Forum List

Back