Hi there!

Hello everyone :bye1:
I'm Chiara from Italy. I'm 24 y.o. I have Chinese backgrounds (both my parents were born here but my grandpas and grandmas were born in China).
I know I'm not American but this really seems to be a nice website (and I can also learn some more English :biggrin:)

Greetings, Chiara

I don't know how you found this place but I'm kind of glad that you did.

We seldom ever see anyone with your background on sites like this.

I always wonder what kind of life Chinese immigrants and their children have here in the U.S.

The quiet and extremely shy workers in the Chinese restaurants, for example. Seldom seen anywhere but in their workplace.

So, it's good to see you here. That's all.

I'm Chiara from Italy. I'm 24 y.o. I have Chinese backgrounds (both my parents were born here but my grandpas and grandmas were born in China).
I know I'm not American but this really seems to be a nice website (and I can also learn some more English :biggrin:)

Glad you found USMB. There's plenty of forums outside of the battleground forums of politics and current events. Look around. There's people here with all kinds of interests..

And dont' mind the rudeness.. You should know that Americans behave worse at home than in Europe.. :113:

I visited Lake Como and Milan several times. My hosts were very helpful and friendly...
Hi flacaltenn! :)
thank your for your welcome! You know I live in Milan...lol...I've visited Lake Como so many times! :D

Glad you found USMB. There's plenty of forums outside of the battleground forums of politics and current events. Look around. There's people here with all kinds of interests..

And dont' mind the rudeness.. You should know that Americans behave worse at home than in Europe.. :113:

I visited Lake Como and Milan several times. My hosts were very helpful and friendly...
Hi flacaltenn! :)
thank your for your welcome! You know I live in Milan...lol...I've visited Lake Como so many times! :D

I had the best Italian seafood feast in Milan... And one of our clients has a factory for medical devices in Lake Como.. Pretty much right on the lake. The owner of the place used to stand in the lobby and greet all the workers and visitors in the morning. That's being very civilized... :eusa_angel: I was impressed.

Except for the Hotels demanding to hold your passport while you were a guest. I have no idea what law allows them to do that.. :dunno:

flacaltenn here in Italy all hotels and motels must hold your passport if you're one of their guest. I've google it and I found out there's an old law, a royal decree from 1931 :)

111.jpg

Gosh dangit. I love those things. I wish I knew how to make em because I never see em in the store anymore.

I'm gonna be craving those things the rest of the day now, Old Lady.

Italian bakery, NC. That's the only place I've ever found them.

Okay, thanks. We Little Italy is in the city, I'll have to stop in there and find a bakery. What are the called anyway? I don't even know, I just know they'e gud.

Curious how did your parents end up in Italy of all places and what do you think of the government of Italy?

Hi Odium! Thanks for your message! :bye1:
My parents were born here. My granpas and grandmas are "original Chinese" :D
They came here in 1968 because they wanted to live a better life. They were really poor in Yunnan, so they took a decision to come here in Italy.
The government we have now seems to be better than the last two (I mean Gentiloni and Renzi) but I'm not sure about them. Politicians are rarely trustworthy :(

Hello
I am 25 years old
I am David from USA
For fcks sakes Carruthers get it together.

Forum List

Back