Hi There!

Because back then it was almost impossible to get wounded here in America.
Why did you want to get wounded in the first place?

Because I liked the look of the holes and the blood. And, I found if I stand in a particular posture on a windy day, the air flowing through the holes would give off a sound very pleasing to me. And because I had multiple holes, I could be a virtual bloody symphony. It's a talent I've honed over the years and I've gotten so proficient at it that I now play local nightclubs and my performances have been very well received. Kind of a local legend in fact.

Wow. A liberal with a sense of humor?

You'll do just fine here. :laugh:

Time to break out the USMB unofficial mascot!

3.jpg

I can't wait until the day comes when you people get tired of posting that ridiculous thing!

You must want to see the next ridiculous thing, amirite? amirite? :coffee:

Fear not, sister, it's in the pipeline. :cryhug_1_:

Noooo. I kill you!:1peleas:

Hello all. I'm wickerthing. I enjoy debate and hashing out positions on the issues. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal and proud of it. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran of the Vietnam War era. Served with Fox co. 2/7 1st Marine Div. Was wounded in action at a place called Elephant Valley. I lost my right leg do to infection from being shot. I guess I'm the odd man out as far as combat Vets who are liberal, but that's okay with me. I don't take being called a liberal as an insult, quite the opposite. Looking forward to lively back and forth and maybe making a few new friends.
A real liberal or a regressive in sheeps clothing?

I live in Florida. I could never wear wool in this heat.

Hello all. I'm wickerthing. I enjoy debate and hashing out positions on the issues. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal and proud of it. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran of the Vietnam War era. Served with Fox co. 2/7 1st Marine Div. Was wounded in action at a place called Elephant Valley. I lost my right leg do to infection from being shot. I guess I'm the odd man out as far as combat Vets who are liberal, but that's okay with me. I don't take being called a liberal as an insult, quite the opposite. Looking forward to lively back and forth and maybe making a few new friends.

Hey. What makes you a liberal?

The fact that although I lost a leg I still have a functioning pair of eyes, ears and an ability to use them to evaluate what's going on around me and particularly my country. When we have a leader who doesn't lead and a congress that continue to take blood money despite the ghosts of American children crying out for reason, and a foreign adversary screwing with our very core democracy right under the red nose of our madman-in-chief without even an unkind word from him, I figure maybe something might be askew in DC.

And, unlike the blind hoards in the Trump camp, I choose to keep my aforementioned eyes and ears open. And when school children are the only adults in the room weighing in on gun control, I suspect it might just be time to right this sinking ship while I enjoy the specter of rats drowning as they exit this ship of fools.

I'll leave all the denials to those who seem expert at them, after all, I am a rank amateur.

Ok amateur, I’ll call you out. Your little tirade there about the orange clown, congress and the Florida shootingwas worded as if those are the things that made you liberal. The reality is you were liberal before Florida school shooting and Trump, so you were just spewing lefty talking points. We hear them all the time. Why don’t you really tell us what brought you to liberalism. Was it a PTSD?

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism and I am human, and so I choose to act like one. What is a PTSD? I've heard of PTSD as a condition but I don't think I've ever seen a singular PTSD. Maybe you could tell us all about how we can get one. My tirade, as you put it, may well be talking points. If it is, I hope I spelled everything correctly. The problem with all you righties is that you've been conditioned by your masters to call truisms talking points but you never actually hear the truths in those talking points. Maybe it's because you're too busy asking yourself how you can further spread the disease that you elected to bleed, I mean lead our country. You don't actually take time to consider what is being done and not being done in your name by the current Administration. Let me fill you in since you seem to suffer from PTSD yourself. President Trump Societal Disease whereby he and his band of takers are "Taking" a shit on our democracy and our standing in the world. Let's see, firstly, they've given themselves a huge gift of your and my money and then they've Taken away our healthcare and then they've Given our enemy free reign over our democracy while telling us all it's just an illusion. Then they've Given our allies every reason to distrust and to ridicule us.

Then they've Taken away the things we count on to protect us from an autocracy. The free press and the dept of justice. And, let's not forget the Dept of state that would normally be charged with maintaining peace and diplomacy so that we can solve problems. I guess there's no real pressing problems in the world anyway, right? And, lastly they've given the nuclear codes to a tyrant who is anything but a rational, reasonable human being. I suppose nothing bad could come of that, right?
Why did I become a Liberal? For the same reason you became a so-called Conservative, Third parties don't have a chance. So I went with the Humanist party over the party of war and blood money. .

Thanks for exposing yourself as a typical highbrow, yet mindless lib who is capable of only parroting what you are told. There are many of you here. There are also a few so called Libs who actually think. See if you can find them. As for now, you’re excused.

Let me let you know from the beginning that that shit doesn't work on me, okay? So stow it. When you want to talk issues, get back to me but leave all the crap behind.

So you actually support individual liberty and a small central govt?

If by individual liberty you mean gun issues, not really. I have my own take on individual issues and don't adhere to any set philosophy. So, by that definition maybe some would say I'm not a REAL Liberal. I couldn't care less about labels.

If by individual liberty you mean gun issues, not really. I have my own take on individual issues and don't adhere to any set philosophy. So, by that definition maybe some would say I'm not a REAL Liberal. I couldn't care less about labels.
Me either. I just always find it funny when people self brand themselves as liberals and want the govt to wipe their ass for them, or tell someone what they can and cant do with their private property when it hurts no one..

Nice job. No time wasted getting right to the important stuff! :D

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism ...

To which school of liberalism do you belong?

I don't. I got my degree years ago. I don't believe in labels. With labels, you MUST believe x or y. Not into conformity.

You're not American? That's a label.
Not to worry, Billy is not American.

Au contraire, I am tres-American. Even born in the same city as Uncle Sam. :2up:

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism ...

I don't. I got my degree years ago. I don't believe in labels. With labels, you MUST believe x or y. Not into conformity.

Au contraire, I am tres-American. Even born in the same city as Uncle Sam. :2up:
Why then have you betrayed truth and justice and the American Way?

Too funny.

How have I done that? Be specific.

Too funny.

How have I done that? Be specific.
Specifically, you support Trump and alt right causes.

Next.

Give me a break, are you serious? American leftists during the last three elections have proven themselves to be the most untruthful, unjust, and anti-American people in this country.

Do you come up with this stuff on your own or is there someone standing behind you when you type, whispering in your ear?

:laugh::laughing0301::lmao::lol:

Forum List

Back